Nosy Women

Lips and Fingertips: BEHIND THE SCENES

8. Nosy Women (Bonus scene set after ch50)

.

.

.

            “Ah, that’s the mother of the boy who’s sitting in the corner of the room. Look at her, the ways she’s dressed, did she think this is appropriate attire? Wearing some lame jeans and a checkered shirt…”

 

            “Oh dear, look at her pants, stained with paint too, can’t she at least find something proper to wear? This is a parent inspection day after all. What you wear reflects what your kid is going to be looked at…”

 

            You wrinkled your nose as those negative words entered your ears. So that was why they looked disgusted when you asked if you could sit next to them for today’s event.

 

            What nosy women.

 

            This is why you didn’t like attending days like this. To be honest, normally you wouldn’t even attend. Little bean always rolled his eyes exactly like you would when you brought up if he wanted you to come to an inspection day. Frankly, sitting through a whole day of teachers praising kids (whose parents always gave them gifts) was just not your style.

 

            However, today, because someone insisted he wanted to come…

 

            You sighed.

 

            The watched showed eleven.

 

            The chair next to yours is still empty.

 

            You sighed again. You know it’s not on purpose, and sometimes hoped he wouldn’t have it too hard. He feels bad for missing out such a big part of Little Bean’s life, but even Little Bean didn’t mind. He was just happy to have someone to play catch with on weekends, so it really didn't matter to you if he was attending stupid, unneeded things like –

 

            “I’m so so sorry,” The door slid open as the tall lean figure entered. “I was uh, working, I tried to get here as fast as I could –“

 

            Little Bean jumped up from his chair, smiling brightly.

 

            “Daddy! You came!”

 

            Hong Bin smiled too, their dimples an exact copy of each other. A wave of chatter started, as Hong Bin took a seat next to you, wiping the sweat from his brows. “Sorry I’m late,” He whispered, taking your hand into his larger ones. “The shooting lasted longer than expected, so I got here as fast as I could,”

 

            “Its okay, nothing much happens anyway.”

 

            Hong Bin squeezed your hand before turning his attention back to the make shift lesson that the teacher had prepared.

 

            “Ah, sorry, are you actor Lee Hong Bin ssi?” A voice rather familiar asked, addressing Hong Bin. You turned you head and found that it was one of those ladies who commented about your attired earlier. Someone she had managed to travel from all the other side of the room to the seat behind you.

 

            Hong Bin scratched his head before answering. “Ah, er, yes,”

 

            “Omo! I saw your drama, you were really good! And I bought your photobook too, and your magazine! I am a big fan!” Her eyes wrinkled together like a pug trying to smile.

 

            “Ah, er, thank you for your support,”

 

            She continued to try to make conversation with him. Looking at him up and down, she clasped her hands together. “Oh dear, even your own dress code is stylish too, I must try something similar later!”

 

            You tired your best to stifle your laughter, as you noticed what he wore: a plaid red button up shirt and some old black jeans.

 

            “We will be going to head to that Korean restaurant later, would you be kind enough to join us, Hong Bin ssi?”

 

            “Ah, er…” He looked towards you, while you turned your head back to the teacher, pretending to be immensely interested in the lesson.

 

            “… Thankyou for your offer, but I think my wife and I would like to eat alone. It’s a rare opportunity.”

 

            Seeing her face, you almost felt sorry for her.

 

            Almost.

 

__

 

little bean at school! :D 

teeheee and Hong Bin feeling bad for not being there when raising him...

and also I did write it in the perspective that they did get married in the end,

however, if you felt that it is too unrealistic, and that after so many years they would not be able to get together again,

you are absolutely free to read that line as 

"but I think I would like to eat alone with with child's mother"

so erm yea! :D