YongGuk

Lips and Fingertips: BEHIND THE SCENES

7. YongGuk (bonus scene set between ch47 and ch50) 

.

.

.

            You opened your eyes as the last notes of YongGuk’s self-composed song came to an end. The image of him looking at you expectedly threw you off – you were an artist, not a musician…

 

            “If you’re waiting for me to give you advice, you’ve ran out of luck,”

 

            He smiled his signature gummy smile. “I know, but I wrote it for you, so I might as well get some opinion from you,”

 

            You take a deep breath. YongGuk is a great guy and all but…

 

            “YongGuk…”

 

            He cuts you off.

 

            “Hey I know, but that doesn’t mean I can’t write songs for my friend right? I promised that I will not cross the line until you two meet again and sort things out, so until then, just give me advice as a friend.”

 

            Seeing your indecision, he scooted a little closer, his hand closing over your small ones.

 

            “Please?”

 

            You bit your bottom lip, knowing that you will give in. Gently, you shake your head and stand up, putting his hands back on his lap. Smiling apologetically, you reach into your pocket and got out your phone. “Sorry, YongGuk, I think Little Bean’s kindergarten class is almost coming to an end. I must go pick him up now – I’ll see you later,”

 

            As the cold street wind hits your thin jacket, you managed to sniff back your tears.

 

            It’s been long – too long. 

 

            You promised you would wait, but Hong Bin is taking too long. You heard he got nominated for the best actor this year as well, but you remember his dream – photography, why hasn’t he done anything with that yet?

 

            You remember the first time he spoke to you, the light that shone in his eyes when he mentioned about becoming a photographer… Hurry up, hurry up, Hong Bin. In order to be strong, he needed to be powerful enough to fuel his passion, and here yet, there is nothing…

 

            You wouldn’t let yourself be a burden to him.

 

            Not anymore.

 

            Pulling your jacket closer to your body, you walked down the road towards the kindergarten school to pick up your three-year-old son.

 

__

 

I dont even know what I was thinking when I wrote this part.. 

aigoo haha...

sad yongguk is sad..