Friday Nights

Lips and Fingertips: BEHIND THE SCENES

10. Friday Nights (Bonus Chap. set after chap 50)

 

.

.

.

 

            “Yep, that’s right. And then you bring that number down…” Hyuk explained slowly, while his pencil made clear marks indicating the steps he was trying to show Little Bean.

 

            “And there you have it, the answer is…?”

 

            Little Bean pursed his lips a little; brows knotting together like an exact copy of Hong Bin when he was deep in thought. “Er, two?”

 

            Hyuk broke into a big smile. “That is correct.” He patted Little Bean’s head and rewarded him with a smiley face on his notebook. “Well done, that’s all for today I think.”

 

            “Thank you, Uncle Hyuk.” Little Bean smiled, his dimples showing as he gave Hyuk a little appreciative hug which he always does after their tutoring lessons end. “Daddy is useless at teaching me math so I’m really glad you agreed to help me out,”

 

            Hyuk can’t help but feel a little smug.

 

            “Well I did get first place in the whole of my school when I was in high school –“

 

            “Oh geez, you’re still talking about that?” Sungjae commented as he set the plates down on the coffee table infront of the sofa, preparing for dinner. “What was that, like 10 years ago or something?”

 

            “Yah, shut up! It was only like 5 or 6 years ago -”

 

            “Okay okay, let’s cut it guys.” Ravi sighed. This was definitely not his ideal Friday night. Normally, his Friday nights would consists of inviting y ladies to y restaurants, have y meals, then most likely end with a y night…

 

            Ilhoon waved the dvd cover in Little Bean’s face. “Are you sure you want to watch this film, the nightmare before Christmas? It is quite a scary film you know,”

 

            “Yes, I want to!” Little Bean’s eyes sparkled at the sight of the dvd. This was what he was looking forward to all week (and also being able to go to bed later than usual).

 

            Ilhoon shrugged. “Okay then, if you insist,”

 

            Hyuk and Ravi finally managed to get the spaghetti out of the pot and separate them onto the plates Sungjae had set up earlier. The smell of tomatoes and meatballs rushed through the living room and Ravi can’t help but hope the smell will not be as long lasting as last week’s kimchi fried rice.

 

            Little Bean hurried over to the sofa, picking a seat between Ilhoon and Hyuk, with his red plastic plate and red plastic fork in hand, and the red plastic cup filled with coke balanced between his knees. He was literally beaming with excitement.

 

            “Come on, Uncle Sungjae, hurry up!”

 

            “Got it, got it. No need to rush,”

 

            The movie finally started to play, and half way through, Hyuk noticed Little Bean’s head somehow managed to lean onto his shoulder, plastic fork still in his hand. On the floor next to Sungjae, Ravi had seemed to fall asleep too.

 

            Smiling, Hyuk picked Little Bean up, and carried him into his room like a good baby sitter would do.

 

            Oh well, Friday nights were Hong Bin and your alone time anyway.

 

_

 

aiiigoooo cute little bean moment there~ 

I know you all are just here for these moments arentchya~ 

I am on a roll of updating today aren't I? 

Just created a new B.A.P. fic - VITAMIN C for smart snappy Youngjae ssi~ 

go ahead and check it out~ 

 

<3 Yoonah