Impromptu Moonlight Date

Sometimes I Write Nonsense

Yesung hung back and watched Yunho and Donghae for a while as they walked along the river. It was nice to see Yunho out and about having fun again. The past few years had been rough on him and he just couldn't seem to get out of his funk. So Yesung jumped on the opportunity to drag Yunho out of his apartment with Donghae.

 

Yunho, for his part, was having a wonderful time. He was still depressed. And even Donghae had mentioned that he looked tired. But the fresh air and good company was lifting his spirits.

 

“Let's go get some drinks,” Donghae suggested. He looped his arm around Yunho's and pulled him back towards the car.

 

The soju place Yesung brought them too was nearly empty. They huddled in a booth with Yunho pressed into the corner.

 

Yesung was thankful for the privacy. After three shots, Yunho had draped himself around Donghae. He tucked his head against Donghae's neck.

 

“Everything okay?” Yesung asked. He was constantly worrying about Yunho's healthy.

 

“I'm fine. A little sad. A little lonely.” Yunho took another shot.

 

“Why don't you call us more. We'll always make time for you.” Donghae ran his hand through Yunho's hair.

 

Yunho shrugged and nuzzled Donghae's shoulder. Donghae hugged Yunho close. He worried about his friend all the time. They had known each other for years and were so close during their trainee days.

 

“I'm sorry. I ignore you so much. I should be around more,” Yunho spoke into Donghae's neck. He didn't want to move. He was enjoying the scent of his friend's skin.

 

The alcohol made Yunho feel daring. He touched the other side of Donghae's neck; a long, slow brush of fingertips that made Donghae shiver.

 

“Yunho?” Donghae asked softly. “What are you doing? Are you that drunk?”

 

“Shh. I just need you to shut up for a minute.” Yunho tightened his hold on Donghae's face, turning his head slightly. Yunho captured Donghae's lips with his. Donghae stiffened for a moment before relaxing against his friend. It had been so long since they had kissed. Donghae missed the feeling of Yunho's lips pressed against his, gently controlling his movements with a firm hand on the back of his neck.

 

Donghae pulled away first panting slightly. “Yunho? Are you okay?”

 

“I'm sorry. I shouldn't be doing this to you.”

 

“It's okay. I understand that you've been really depressed lately. I'm your friend and I love you, so...”

 

“This isn't a rebound thing. I really care about you. And I like you. A lot.” Yunho sighed. “I just don't want to lead you on. I really don't know how I feel and I don't want to hurt you.”

 

“I know you, better than you know yourself. And I know you will never hurt me.” Donghae cupped Yunho's cheek, his jaw lightly. “I know you don't love me. Not in the same way you love Jaejoong. But I'm okay with that. I just want a chance to show you how much I care about you.” Donghae held Yunho close and combed his fingers through Yunho's hair.

 

Yesung took that as his cue to leave. He stood and paid the tab, hoping that his friends weren't making the worst mistake of their lives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I really, really, really love HoHae (YunDong? HoDong? DongHo?) HoHae. And when Donghae posted that picture, I squeed a little bit. ^__^