The Shock

Mr Kai

The shock


<>Kai's POV<>

She was late. All the rest of us were sitting around the table. The restaurant was fancy, we were in a Esperanto room, or should I say, a hall. The waiters were dressed well and had good manners.

(Resturant hall the meeting took place in ⬇️)

.

 

'She is on her way, she said sorry for being late' Mr Eun apologised for that geek.

She have such a nice parents then why can't she be someone to not embarrass her parents. I don't understand her. Her parents own a whole department store and she goes around with baggy t-shirts. Why do teenagers always going against what their parents wants them to do, or provide to them. It's not like I always follow all my parents needs and wishes. But I do try my best to satisfy them. I'm not the best student at school, I can be trouble to students and teachers. But I always try to listen to my parents (don't tell anyone in my school about that 😉).

I could hear high heels click behind me. Its not her, since she wear sneakers everyday. I bet the girl behind me is a hot girl. Maybe the types I like, short dresses and high heels. Such a turn ons.

Suddenly I realise Mr Eun stand up.
'Here she is' he said

My parents got up. I was not bothered but I guess I have to. Wait, can it be...

'Oh my goodness, YongHee-ah, you look gorgeous!' My mom exclaimed
Her own mother looked like she have seen a ghost.
'YongHee, is she my YongHee?, my princess you look so pretty' her own mom complimented her.

I hear her high heals click as she made her was to sit opposite me. And I saw her. I don't know why happened but I dropped my water glass.
Is this the geek?
What?
In I sure Im seeing right?
Is she...Eun YongHee?
The geek I know?

Everyone sat down. A waitress came to pick up an clean after the mess I did with my water glass.
'Kai, are you fine?' my mom asked as they all laughed. I was still in a state of shock. I was still looking at her. I was trying to not be obvious but can't help it.
'She is beautiful isn't she?' My dad asked me.
I blinked a couple of times, is this all a dream?
Please be, I feel so embarrassed. Why are they asking me these questions.

'Im sorry for being late' the Geek said... Wait no, she looks nowhere close to a geek now. She looks more like is a model for our brand or something. Where is her glasses? where is the geek.

I could not take my eyes off her. She was too distracting for me to look elsewhere.

At first I found this gathering stupid and useless. My parent would force me to come. I really didn't want to be here. Now I don't know what to say about this gatherings. Will I enjoy this meetings from now on? Or is she going to change back?
Wait, what Im I saying? No she must still be the geek in my eyes. She will stay geek in my eyes, I try to convince myself. Let me stop talking to myself. I know I'm taking nonsense right now.

We all had our main course. Now they cleaned the table and dessert is arriving.
'So there is a reason we have gathered here all together today' My dad started
'Yes its a very important gathering' YongHee's dad added.

Isn't there always a reason and importance to every gathering we have? I thought for myself. I looked at YongHee from the corner of my eye, I looked like she didn't understand either. On the other hand our mom's was looking so excited. Specially my mom.
'This is the sweetest day in my life' My mom said as she looked between me and YongHee.
I...don't...know...whats going on.
'Both mine and Mr Eun's business have been going very well lately. Our stocks are going up massivly, so without you two, we had a meeting' my dad said looking at me and YongHee.

They had a meeting without me and YongHee? About what?

'We decided that you two...are getting married' my dad said.

My eyes went out of its sockets.
YongHee suddenly chocked on her water. Her mother was patting her back.
There was a silence. Everyone looking between me and YongHee, but she didn't say anything and I was frozen myself.
.
.
.
.
'Im sorry, but this is not acceptable, Im not going to marry master Kai' YongHee said as she got up. She got her clutch bag and started almost run away.

I didn't know what to say. They were looking at me.

'Im sorry, but I have to agree with YongHee' I said and started leave the restaurant to find YongHee.

I went out of the restaurant. Cold wind hit my face. The weather is really chilly for a summer night. It was pretty dark now. The street light was only light enough just to see where you are walking. The streets were empty. Only a few cars on the side of the road, which one belongs to my parents.

I saw a dark figure from distance when I looked to my left. It must be her. When I jogged closer, I could see her more clearly. She was wearing her high heals and her dress was short. She didn't wear much layers on either other than a thin jacket. I ran back to where my car was parked and drove till I was just a bit ahead of her. I went out of the car and jogged towards her.

'YongHee wait' I said
'Listen to me'
'Can we talk?'
'Please YongHee'

She didn't respond. What I did was to hold her by her wrist and drag her into the car. She was trying to leave my hand but I held it tightly. I closed the car door and walked over to sit on the drivers side.

I drove. We didn't talk. She was looking out of the window the whole 10 minute ride.
We reached our destination. I went and opened the door for her. She had teary eyes that could spill anytime, but surprisingly she was strong. She didn't cry. I looked at her. She tried to turn away. But I hold her face with my hands. 'Don't cry' I said and then hold her by her hand and started to drag her with me.

'Where are we going?' She spoke for the first time

'To my house' I responded.

 

 

 

<><><><><>

 

Chapter 4~~~~ How was it? Liked it?

Is she going to go to his house or refuse his offer? What do you think?

Please comment and vote!!!! 💜💕💜💕💜💕