Theme 300

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Ghost
Pairing: Luck
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 763

                     

Sanghyuk kind of sort of hated being dead. And it was for obvious reasons.

He couldn’t touch anything.

He couldn’t be heard by anyone.

He was freaking dead!

He had to haunt a ing apartment building for the rest of his existence. Or until he finished his unfinished business. But there was a problem with that. He had no idea what his unfinished business even was! So he was going to spend the rest of his time haunting some stupid place and the people who lived there.

He wanted to remember. He tried to recall it. But his mind was a blank. All he remembered was his existence after death and a few flashes of his life. He remembered a few things about his death, too. But he wished he didn’t because his death had been so painful and horrible. The ones who killed him were monsters and he didn’t want to remember any of it. Maybe that unwillingness to remember had spread to everything else he should remember.

God, how worse could get?

Sanghyuk wanted to smack himself because only a few days later things got worse.

One of the people in one of the apartments died. And did he cross over? No, he stuck around the haunt the building alongside Sanghyuk. The younger ghost, Taekwoon, seemed to follow Sanghyuk around, always asking him questions. Sometimes, he acted like some kind of love struck puppy and that drove Sanghyuk more than a little crazy.

Taekwoon didn’t seem to have any interest in crossing over either. He seemed to know what his unfinished business was, but he wasn’t doing anything to finish it. And that made Sanghyuk want to punch something. He would give anything to cross over, to see the other side of the light. But he couldn’t because he didn’t know what his unfinished business was.

And Taekwoon knew, yet wasn’t trying to cross over.

It all built up until one day Sanghyuk snapped, yelling at Taekwoon and telling him to just go. To cross over. To leave the older ghost the hell alone.

Taekwoon had looked so hurt, so rejected, before he took off. Sanghyuk felt awful after taking some time to calm down. Realizing that he was in the wrong and had to apologize, he went off to find Taekwoon. A part of him was worried that he would never find the other, that Taekwoon had crossed over thinking that Sanghyuk really, truly meant what he’d said.

But luck was on Sanghyuk’s side and he managed to find Taekwoon curled up in an ally.

Sanghyuk didn’t waste time making small talk or anything, he just pulled Taekwoon into a hug and apologized. It was then that Taekwoon filled Sanghyuk in on something important. Something super, life changingly important.

They had known each other as children.

Taekwoon explained that they’d only been about five or six, but they’d met and fallen in love. Their parents seemed to realize that this was true love, not a childish crush. Unfortunately, Sanghyuk’s family still had to move away. The pair had promised to find each other someday. They promised that one day they would be together as they had wanted.

But Taekwoon hadn’t seen Sanghyuk again.

Instead, he got a funeral announcement.

A funeral announcement for sixteen year old Han Sanghyuk who’d been found dead in his family’s apartment after an apparent attempted robbery.

Taekwoon’s heart had been shattered in that moment, never able to fully get over the loss of his soul mate. It was even worse when he learned of just how Sanghyuk’s life had been taken.

Sanghyuk was the reason Taekwoon had come to the apartment building. He’d just wanted to be close to his lost love. Dying when he did wasn’t planned or anything like that, but Taekwoon was grateful it happened because it meant he could be with Sanghyuk again. The only down side was that Sanghyuk didn’t recognize him.

And so it became Taekwoon’s task to get Sanghyuk to remember him, even if just for a moment, before he crossed over.

Sanghyuk had gasped, memories of his lost love finally returning. He realized in that moment what his unfinished business was. It was reuniting with his lost love, a love he’d been unable to remember because of the damage his traumatic death had caused.

But now here he was, with Taekwoon once more.

Sanghyuk and Taekwoon saw the light at the same time.

They smiled at each other before Sanghyuk offered the other his hand. Taekwoon took his hand and Sanghyuk lead them into the light.

A/N: so, the first pairing of all these themes was Luck, so I felt it fitting to end these 300 themes with Luck. So…….the 300 themes are done. This has been, and probably always will be, the longest thing I’ve ever worked on. When I started this, I wasn’t sure if I’d actually get through all the themes, especially when I hadn’t undertaken as task like this before. But I did it~~~~~~~.

I think whenever I finish a long version of a theme, I’ll link it up here. Make sure you guys can find ‘em right as they come out, ya know? Links will be in the foreword, directly after the master list of themes