Theme 265

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Me myself and I
Pairing: Chasang
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 1288

                       

Sanghyuk had spent most of his life being alone. Well, not physically. Physically he was constantly surrounded by his pack brothers and sisters. Constantly. But that was, again, just physically. Emotionally things were a totally different story.

Maybe it was because Sanghyuk was the alpha’s one and only child. The child who would become the pack’s new alpha once his old man decided to step down. His role in the pack had always made it hard to make friends. Everyone was just so.......weird around him. Like some were super careful not to upset him out of, like, fear or something like that. Others were always kissing his trying to win the favour of the future alpha.

The human kids at school were worse. They just plain avoided him. In a way, he was kind of happy about that, it meant that they realized he was a danger to them. But Sanghyuk also wanted friends so...........

Even when his pack had new werewolves join, nothing much seemed to change.

He had semi-friends in a couple of older werewolves – Taekwoon, Wonsik, Hongbin, and Jaehwan – but still........semi-friends weren’t friends. The other four called him their friend, but Sanghyuk wasn’t sure if they were really that or just trying to make the best of things since they’d been forced to hang out with him thanks to his father deciding that they would be his right hand men.

And then Sanghyuk’s father, his only living family, died.

Sanghyuk had been seventeen at the time.

He felt that lonely feeling worse than ever before. Before, he’d at least had his father. Now he had no one.

 

--

 

“Why are we here?” Wonsik groaned.

“Because we need a college education to blend in with the humans,” Hongbin replied, helping Taekwoon unpack another box of kitchen supplies.

“No,” Wonsik scoffed, “I mean here, in a apartment. One that a group couple miles outside of our pack’s territory.”

“Sanghyuk wanted it,” Jaehwan shrugged, putting down another box, “and he’s the alpha so……”

“So he should know better than us why this is dumb,” Wonsik huffed.

“It’s not dumb,” Taekwoon spoke up, “he…….he needs this.”

“He needs to be around people who aren’t pack,” Hongbin nodded, “maybe……maybe he’ll find a friend.”

“We’re his friends,” Wonsik scowled.

“Friends he doesn’t think were forced to be with him,” Hongbin rolled his eyes, “you know that’s what he thinks. It doesn’t help when all the others avoid him or try to use him.”

“That brat has trust issues up to wazoo,” Jaehwan nodded sadly, “and we sure didn’t help with that at first.”

At the beginning of their friendship with Sanghyuk, the four really hadn’t wanted to hang out with the young alpha. They just……he was so much younger and so quiet that they didn’t think he fit in with them. Over the years, that changed, they started to look at Sanghyuk as a friend, not as the alpha’s son.

But it would seem that the damage had been done.

Sanghyuk was convinced that they didn’t really think of him as a friend.

“Well,” Hongbin sighed, “I guess we’ve just got to hope he can find a real friend.”

The others grunted in agreement.

 

--

 

The twenty year old alpha wandered around the college campus, trying to explore without running into any of his pack brothers. Sanghyuk just……he wanted to be alone with his thoughts for a while and he didn’t want the others there to…..to talk or something.

Sanghyuk smiled slightly as he passed a couple of humans who smiled back in greeting. Now that was something that didn’t happen back home. The humans there never looked him in the eye. It made him hopeful that he might find at least one person he could connect with.

Just one friend, that was all he needed.

And then he got exactly what he wanted.

Sanghyuk watched as a young man started running across the campus in his direction, a group of at least six guys close behind. Sanghyuk sniffed the air, smelling the fear coming from the young man. He could clearly hear the group of guys laughing at the young man, too. He could hear each and every one of their mean, horrible comments.

Sanghyuk growled, moving forewords quickly. He never liked seeing someone getting bullied and he wasn’t going to stand by and watch that now.

“Hey,” Sanghyuk said, catching the young man’s arm and pushing him behind him, “what the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Step off, kid,” one of the guys said, looking Sanghyuk over and deciding that he and his friends could still take him, “this doesn’t involve you.”

“It does now,” Sanghyuk replied, fighting back the urge to growl at the group, “so I ask again, what the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“And I said to back off,” the same guy scowled, moving forewords and trying to get in Sanghyuk’s face, “we’re going to beat this ing f--.”

Sanghyuk scowled at Taekwoon appeared in front of him, punching the guy in the face before he could finish his sentence.

“I suggest doing what my friend said,” Wonsik said, appearing on Sanghyuk’s left while Hongbin and Jaehwan appeared on his right, “get the hell out of here.”

The remaining guys quickly gathered their fallen friend before rushing off. They really thought that six guys could stand against Sanghyuk, numbers making up for lack of size. But with the four new additions……they knew that they had no chance.

“I could have handled things,” Sanghyuk huffed once the humans were gone, “I didn’t need help.”

“It’s what friends do,” Hongbin smiled, wincing when he noticed the look in Sanghyuk’s eyes.

“Um,” the human Sanghyuk had saved spoke up, “th-thank you. For standing up for me against those guys.”

“Don’t mention it,” Sanghyuk said, turning to focus on the human instead of his pack brothers, “I couldn’t just sit back and watch.”

“Why were they after you?” Wonsik asked, earning a neck chop from Taekwoon who felt the question was unnecessary.

“They,” the guy sighed, “they don’t like me. Once they found out I like guys they…….they decided to beat me up every time they saw me.”

“And people just let them?” Sanghyuk growled, “no one stops them?”

“No,” the guy hung his head, “no one seems to care. I….I complained to the dean once, but…….nothing seemed to happen to them. They just got more angry when they found out what I did.”

“They’ll probably be pissed about this then,” Wonsik muttered and this time Sanghyuk had to really fight to keep his growl from being heard.

“From now on,” Sanghyuk decided, “I’ll protect you from them.”

“Huh?” everyone else blinked, not at all thinking that this would be Sanghyuk’s reaction.

“I mean it,” the alpha said, “I’ll do everything in my power to keep you safe.”

“….why?” the guy finally said, “why would…..why would you do that for me?”

“You shouldn’t have to be alone dealing with this,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “you should have someone to help you. To support you.”

Taekwoon and the others shared a look, quickly realizing what Sanghyuk wanted to help this guy. Sanghyuk knew the alone feeling the guy clearly felt. Naturally he’d want to help him get rid of that alone feeling.

“You don’t even know my name,” the guy pointed out, “and I don’t know yours either.”

“I’m Sanghyuk,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “what’s your name.”

“Hakyeon.”

“Well,” Sanghyuk smiled slightly, “it’s nice to meet you, Hakyeon. From now on, I’m going to protect you.”

Hakyeon just nodded, unsure of what else to say. The other four werewolves smiled slightly, silently hoping that Hakyeon would be able to become Sanghyuk’s friend and help him out of his own loneliness.

A/N: ok, so this theme is gonna be a fav, that much is for sure.