Chapter 2 (Tiffany): Risk

MY Sister In SNSD (Fanfic)

Chapter 2 (Tiffany): Risk

~ ~ ~

"Tiffany, I know you really want to go, but the other girls need to agree first."

I was in the middle of talking, or should I say negotiating with our manager, Lee Soo Man, to try and give us another chance to go back to Singapore to perform. He was very reluctant with my pleas, perhaps out of respect for the rest of the members. I guess he did not want others to see that he was favouring one member of SNSD too much.

However, I never wanted to grab manager oppa's full attention like a teacher's pet. Neither did I want the other girls to think that. It's just tha the letter's contents kind of opend up a whole new mystery.

What letter? That letter I read last night.

Since then, I was planning on taking quite a lot of risks just to get down to the bottom of this matter. The first of the risks was being carried out now: sneaking out of the practice room at SM Entertainment to negotiate with our manager. After all, I told Taeyeon I needed to use the washroom, which I needed to anyway.

Back to my conversation with manager Lee,  he finally gave his permission to let SNSD go to Singapore for a thrid performance, but he still made it clear that it will only happen if the others agreed

Great, I thought. Now what?

I just could not tell them the reason why we needed to go to Singapore. There was really nothing wrong about going there. However, my reason was just too...personal to share with the group. Just not yet.

Shortly afterwards, I returned to the practice room. Fortunately, no one seemed to suspect anything.

That is until I started making several mistakes with the dance moves for our songs. I know I normally am the one in the group who makes the most mistakes, but because I was still lost in thought about last night, I made more mistakes than usual.

Of course, there were the usual "Get your moves right, Fany ah!" from Sooyoung (don't worry, she's hardly ever angry at me for that).

But it seemed like Yuri noticed something was a bit off about me. She's the most alert member of SNSD, so it was no surprise that she would be suspicious.

"Fany," Yuri intervened sometime later, "are you sure you are ok? You look really spaced out today..."

"I'm fine! No need to worry Yuri."

Yuri then returned to practicing. I then realised it won't be long till everyone starts questioning me about that letter from last night. I may have kept it safely hidden in my drawer, but even now I cannnot guarantee its secrecy from the rest of the members.

Especially Jessica, my room mate.

However, the thought of her made me have a brilliant idea. What if I tell the members that I had to go back to the US due to family issues? After all, I do have one, just that the answers are probably not in the US, but in Sngapore.

I'll have to lie to them, I thought with a pang of guilt.