Chapter 4 (Stefan): The Meeting

MY Sister In SNSD (Fanfic)

Chapter 4 (Stefan): The Meeting

~ ~ ~

I was back in school again after another sleepless night. This day was a particularly special, but apparently emotional one, because we were going to say goodbye to someone.

My class' form tutor was heading back to her hometown, America, to further her studies back there. She had been in the school for about five years already and had seen me and most of my friends through our crucial examinations and school events.

Yet good times like those must come to an end. Today, we were going to send her off at the airport.

I'm gonna miss her, I thought sadly.

However, I could only think about what I had to go through in order to be able to join my friends to send my tutor off.

(Flashback)

"NO! Absolutely NO going to the airport regardless!" my mother was breathing down my neck with anger in her voice.

Yeah, well, turns out my mother found out about my plans to go to the airport. That's another thing I don't understand. Both my parents refused to let me go near the airport.

Ok, I don't blame them, considering I am not going with them, but the thing is they've let me go out alone with my friends before, so why not now?

"What if you get kidnapped and taken to another country?!" my father probed.

I cannot leave if I have no passport right? So what's wrong with that?

(Flashback End)

I seldom argued against my parents, but their recent conversation with me enticed me to fight for myself. Eventually, they let me go, reluctantly at that.

Nonetheless, my form class arranged to meet up at the airport by 3pm today. Since school ended early as the holidays were beginning, we had time to prepare ourselves for our tutor's send off.

Since I normally hang out alone, I also went to the airport alone straight after school. After an hour in the underground subway, I reached the airport and decided to have my lunch there. I ended up settling for fast food, which was in the arrival hall.

After going through waiting families and friends, and queing up for food, I settled in for an uneventful lunch. The outlet was already full and I was occuplying one side of a table for two.

"Nothing ever happens," I sighed.

Shortly into my meal, a beautiful-looking girl entered the fast food outlet. It seemed like her flight had just landed as she held her luggage in her hands. Perhaps she was going to meet someone in the outlet.

Then she did something surprising.

"Excuse me," she asked me politely while struggling with her luggage, "can I share this table with you?"

Ok, that caught me off guard. This was the first time a total stranger walked up to me and spoke to me as well. I had no idea.

For some reason, my mother's advice was biting at me. She told me to speak chinese if a stranger walked up and talked to me.

And for some reason, I decided: not today.

"I suppose you can," I answered back.

"Gee! Thanks!"

She spoke in a language I suddenly did not understand.

"Sorry...what?"

Odd, I did not even understand what I just said either...

"I said thank...wait you weren't talking like this just now..."

The girl was right. I was definitely talking in English a few moments ago. What exactly is going on?

"Uh...yeah. I was talking in English."

Argh! What am I saying, I squeezed my forehead in frustration. Great way to introduce yourself in front of a girl loner boy.

"Calm down, it's ok. I can speak English too." the girl suddenly changed her way of talking.

"Oh. I see," was all I could muster out.

The girl gave me a serious expression, which was contrast to her initially cheerful character at first. Then she went to the counter to order her food.

Somehow, she left her passport on the table. Certainly a bit careless of her, but I guess it was my job to take care of it.

However, my itching fingers just had to reach for it and open it.

And right after that, I opened up a new mystery.


A/N: What do you think he found?

This has been one of my longest delayed updates in ages. In truth, this whole story is actually completed on my Wattpad page (link in bio). Wattpad users can also read my story there if you are interested to know the outcome of this story. I'll keep adding new chapters here as frequently as I can.

And another thing: the story was first written in late 2013 and ended in early 2014. So if there are supposed inaccuracies to this story, there's your reason.

Pretty soon, you'll see my other completed stories.