The Tears Unknown

Love Assumed

- Story view -

Taeyeon slowly sat up, her face unable to hide her disappointment. The reason? She didn't know. Staggering, she made her way to the dressing table, and was surprised to see the two pills on a sheet of tissue. Her eyes sparkled for a second as her eyes scanned for a note, but a second wave of disappointment hit when she realised that there was none.

"Are you crazy now Kim Taeyeon?" She mumbled, before picking up her phone which was just atop the table. She was surprised because she had expected her battery to be flat but it was not. In fact, it was almost fully charged. What surprised her more, were the notifications on her screen.
 

Kitty
hey, the 2 pills are painkillers. i charged ur phone too before i left. hope ure gon feel better.
dont worry bout the money for the hotel.
ive got no idea what happened to u, but i hope ull be fine.
thanks for making me feel sorry about what i said to u previously.
im sorry. take care.

 

 Taeyeon's attention switched from her phone to the painkillers on the table, and a gentle smile crept up on her face without her knowing it.

***

Jessica frowned at her computer, her mind fully occupied by random ideas which could help her company. She was deep in her thoughts, when she slightly jumped at the sudden vibration of her phone. Seeing that the sender of the messages was Taeyeon, Jessica only stared blankly at her phone, before she picked it up to read the messages.
 

Taeyeon
I must have given you a lot of trouble last night. I'm so sorry, Kitty.
Thanks for everything. You have got no idea how much I appreciate it.
Don't be sorry about the other time. I was being insensitive anyway.
I won't be disturbing you further. Take care too Kitty :)

 

Jessica should have been happy knowing that Taeyeon knew not to invade her privacy, but that wasn't the case. She was worried about the girl, as much as she wanted to deny it, and she wanted to talk to her. She wanted to know what happened to the girl, she wanted to know what made the girl cry like that. Sighing, she tried to shake the thoughts out of her head and the phone was left on the table yet again after much hesitation.

***

"Aaaaarrrrgghhhhhh," came the voice of an exhausted Jessica as she stretched herself. It was already six in the evening, almost ten long hours since she first sat on that chair in the morning. Her eyes fell on the neglected mobile phone on the desk. Biting her lower lip, she retrieved her phone and scrolled to Taeyeon's name, but her finger hovered over the call button. She decided to impulsively tap the button, in case she let her hesitation stop her once again. She didn't know why she was feeling so uneasy and anxious as the call got connected.

"Hey. Kitty...?"

Jessica found herself to be at a loss of words all of a sudden.

"Hello? Is that you Kitty?"

"Y-yeah it's me..." Jessica's reply was weak, but that was all she was capable of at that moment.

"What's the matter?"

"Oh. Uh... Erm... It's just that..." Jessica frantically wanted to find something to say, or, the right way to phrase her words, but her mind was a complete blank.

"Speak your mind."

"Are you...okay?"

"Ah, that. Yeah... I guess."

"Hmm..." Jessica didn't know how hard she was pressing her phone against her ear. "What...exactly happened?"

There was a moment of silence, and Jessica started to worry, wondering if she shouldn't have asked that question. When the silence started to become awkward, Jessica finally spoke up once more.

"Hey Taeyeon I'm sorry. I was just asking. I didn't mean t-"

"My boss." Taeyeon's words stopped Jessica from completing her sentence. "He... He wanted to force himself on me..."

Jessica sat up straight almost immediately as she yelled, "WHAT?! HE... YOU..."

"No... It didn't happen..."

Instinctively, Jessica's tensed shoulders relaxed. "You gave me a scare..."

"But...he said that I'd regret it... I think I'm gonna...lose my job..."

"Is that job...very important to you...?"

There was yet another moment of pause, before Taeyeon weakly replied, "Y-yes..."

"Can I ask...why...?"

"My mom's sick, my sister's education is using up all of my dad's money, and my brother is having a hard time on his own as well. I... I really need that job..."

"Don't you have other options?"

"None of the other companies would offer me half as much as my company now..."

"Okay... But, nothing's confirmed yet now, isn't it? You still have your job."

"Who knows for how long? It's okay... I'll...find a way."

"Mmm..."

The girls stayed silent for a while, until Taeyeon decided to break the ice. "Do you wanna...have dinner?"

"Sur-" Jessica was about to agree, when she realised that she wasn't Jessica Jung to Taeyeon, she was Kitty. "Uh, I don't think I can afford the time. Sorry."

"It's okay. I'll look you up another time."

"No wait, Taeyeon. Don't look me up. It's not safe. Let's just...talk, like what we are now."

"Okay..." Jessica could sense the disappointment in Taeyeon's tone, but that was all she could offer. In fact, she was offering much more than she ever did, ever since...her past.

***

Jessica was stirring in her sleep, when the vibration of her phone made her crack her eyes open almost immediately. Reaching out to her phone, she couldn't hide a smile when she opened the message.
 

Taeyeon
Good morning kitten! :)
It's raining... Raindrops keep falling on my head...
Are they falling on yours too? Kekeke.

 

Life had already taken on a change for Jessica since a few weeks ago, since Taeyeon really entered her life. There was always a reason to smile - Taeyeon. The reason never disappeared, no matter what she was doing.

When Jessica was troubled over her work, Taeyeon was there to encourage her.
 

Taeyeon
too much on my mind.
life .
Rule number one: Don't forget to smile to yourself.
:)
smile to myself?
dont make me look retarded.
You already are. Kekeke.
says who?!

 

When Jessica was bored, Taeyeon was there to keep her entertained.
 

Taeyeon
bored to death.
hahahahahahaha damn taeyeon.
did u even see how she tried hitting that note?
how do u always find such nonsense? (Y)
It's a gift from God.
ure hopeless. 

 

 When Jessica was happy, Taeyeon was there to share her joy.
 

Taeyeon
DAMN GIRL IM SO HAPPY GOSHHHHHHHHH.
So so so so so happy for you! ^^

 

When Jessica was sad, Taeyeon was there to comfort her.
 

Taeyeon
im beginning to think that nothing will ever work out..
I sang this for you.
Everything's gonna be alright.
Don't be sad :(
wow u sing really really well. thanks.. :'(

 

Jessica was starting to get used to having Taeyeon in her life, the Taeyeon who knew everything about Kitty but yet, knew nothing about Jessica Jung.

***

"Jessica."

Jessica was a few steps away from the staircase to the second level of her so-called home, when she stopped in her tracks, a look of impatience taking over her face. She didn't bother to turn towards the woman who, sitting on the couch a short distance behind her, had just called her. "Yes?"

"Where have you been?"

"I'm old enough to take care of myself, mother. If there's nothing else, I'm gonna head back to my r-"

"Who did you bring to our hotel?" Mrs Jung's tone was threatening enough without Jessica having to look at her.

"A friend," Jessica replied coldly.

"A friend? In the middle of the night, you bring a girl to our hotel, and you're telling me that it's a friend?"

"She's just a friend, mother. Plus..." Jessica turned to give Mrs Jung an indifferent stare. "...why would I still go to the trouble to even try anything? After Yuri?"

"You're still hung up about that? Jung Sooyeon, don't make us a laughing stock. What were you thinking? 'We're in love with each other.' In love my foot. What kind of love do you have towards a girl? Did you think that it was cool to date a girl?"

"I don't wanna talk about it. I'm going upstairs."

It was an hour after when Jessica was lying on her side on the bed, hugging her bolster tightly. Her room was pitch dark, and no one could make out the expression on Jessica's face, the Jessica who was without her facade, the Jessica who was defenseless, the Jessica who hated herself. Streams of tears quietly rolled down from the corners of her eyes, seeping into her pillow.

"Yuri... Let's...break up."

"What...? You... You are playing a prank on me right? What are you saying?!"

"I'm sorry... I can't do this any more... This war is too difficult for us Yul..."

"Jung Sooyeon! What is this you're saying?! After...after all we've been through, this is what you're telling me?!"

"Sorry... Yuri I'm sorry..." Jessica brought her hand towards her face and bit on her knuckle, hoping to stop herself from sobbing.

"Hey... Congrats on your marriage."

"Thanks for coming, Sica. I'm really glad you came."

"I only hope for you to be happy."

"I'll be happy, if you are."

"I can say that to you too, Yul."

"Are you happy, Yuri...? I... I'm not happy at all... I've become a ... I've become a ing Yuri... What am I supposed to do...?" Jessica's cries only became louder as her tears drenched her pillow, drowning whatever that was left of the respect she had for herself.

 


[A/N] 15/8/2014

Update is slightly earlier this time round ;) So...I was playing Taeyeon's "Love, That One Word" while writing the last scene and it almost got me crying again imagining the way Jessica was sobbing her heart out. Anyone expected a YulSic history? Or, anyone even expected this side of Jessica? Write me something :)

I wrote a (rather) happy TaengSic shot the other day titled "Being With Someone You Love" and I'd love it if you'd check it out ^^

Also, if you don't already know, the links that Jessica supposedly gave Taeyeon in those text messages are clickable. I was laughing my head off watching the pitch challenge actually hahaha. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and the videos and...everything! Happy LA Friday! TSG Monday is coming up reallll soon :)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales