The Least I Can Do For You

Love Assumed

Warning: This chapter is raw. I'll read it through and correct any mistakes later on. Even so, I hope you will have fun reading the story. :)

- Story view -

Jessica froze, feeling Taeyeon's warm lips on hers. She didn't move away, neither did she return the kiss. She merely stayed where she was, her eyes showing a mixture of all the emotions she had - shock, uncertainty, fear, not forgetting fondness. With her own eyes closed, Taeyeon couldn't see those eyes. She slowly pulled away from the kiss, but not away from the girl. As unexpected as the kiss, she wrapped her arms around Jessica, her chin digging gently into the girl's shoulder.

"Why do I feel so safe in your arms?" Those words almost took Jessica's soul.

"I can stay here in your arms forever Sica ya." Jessica's hand twitched, wanting to return the hug, but it only lingered for a mere moment before the memory of Yuri eventually made her drop that arm.

"T-Taeyeon ah... Don't do this..." Taeyeon's body tensed up immediately, and it didn't go unnoticed by Jessica. Hurt flashed in Taeyeon's eyes as she detached herself from the girl and unsteadily settled into her seat once more.

Jessica stared at the steering wheel, not knowing what to say, or do. She closed her eyes and swallowed her saliva, hoping to regain her composure, and then she opened them. "It's getting late. We should go."

"Mmm," came Taeyeon's reply, and Jessica released her hand brake as she sped off.

The two girls said nothing while Jessica drove. The hurt that Jessica saw in Taeyeon's eyes was haunting her and the frown stayed on her face while the wind messed up her hair. It wasn't until they were halfway through the journey when Jessica suddenly turned the steering wheel without warning and stepped hard on the brake, pulling up at the side of the empty road with a loud screech, and a shocked Taeyeon who was staring at her.

Jessica breathed heavily, but she wouldn't turn back to look at Taeyeon. She took her time to calm herself down, and Taeyeon eventually let go of the tension in her body as she mindlessly looked forward.

"I..." Jessica broke the silence with uncertainty in her voice, "I'm not worthy of this." Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows while she stared at Jessica yet again. "I'm not worthy...of you."

Taeyeon's eyes widened in shock, and she opened wanting to say something. But there was nothing.

"This thing called love... It doesn't suit me."

"What do y-"

"Let's go," Jessica cut Taeyeon's words, speeding off almost immediately, and the girl took it as a sign to not press further.

Throughout the rest of the ride, Taeyeon kept stealing glances at Jessica, but she wouldn't look back at her. They arrived at Taeyeon's home not too long after, but the two girls stayed in the car, albeit in silence.

"Go, Taeyeon."

Taeyeon heard her, but she didn't budge. "I don't know why you said that, but what you said wasn't true." With that said, Taeyeon dropped Jessica a saddened stare, but she still couldn't meet her eyes. Taeyeon only let out a breath. "Forget it... Just drive safel-" She was about to pat Jessica's arm when she got reminded of what had happened not too long ago, and her hand hovered for a second before she lowered it. "Drive safely." She didn't hesitate any longer as she opened the door.

Taeyeon had already taken a step out of the car when the unexpected happened. Jessica was tugging at her hand. Feeling that warmth on her hand, Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica in surprise, before her eyes dropped to the hand which was holding hers. "I...will drive safely." But, before Taeyeon could tightened her grip on that hand, it let go. "Go."

***

- Taeyeon's POV -

I lay on my bed, gently clenching my fist while I recalled the moment she held my hand. I don't get it. She didn't pull back away when I kissed her. Yes, speaking of kissing her. Was I crazy? Where in the world did I get such courage? But...yeah. She didn't pull away, yet, she didn't want me in her arms. I ran my fingers through my hair as I let out an exasperated sigh.

I'm not supposed to do this. All of this. She sleeps around with people, almost every night. What am I getting myself into...? I'm just one of those people, isn't it? She's going to get me into bed and then we are just going to be history once the night is over, right?

"Hey, you don't ever do girls. Why are you taking her away?"

Wait. Didn't that guy at the bar say that she doesn't do girls...? But she... All that time she was there for me...

"But she's my girl, Yongguk."

She said I was her girl. No but, she probably said that to help me. Then what about...all those things that she did for me? Protecting me, staying by my side, the genie shot... I just can't stop thinking about her. It's so wrong, but I can't even help it.

"Thank you, Taeyeon."

Why did those words carry so much sadness and hurt? Letting out another sigh, I reached out to my phone which was beside me and scrolled through our messages.

 

Kitty
its like i dont even give a damn
It's okay... Things will get better! :)
i just wanna sleep forever
Hey you can't do that. I kind of want you in my life you know?
haha everyone wants a piece of me
hey.. i didnt mean anything. i meant britneys song.
sorry
I don't like seeing you talk about yourself like that...
i know. kinda slipped.
You should just slip on a banana peel.
seriously.. -.-

 

Kitty
Best weather for ice cream omgggggg.
ure gonna get fat and die
-.-
Remind me not to ever share my ice cream with you.
loser
...
I'm not talking to you for the rest of my life.

 

Kitty
Are you home?
i thought someone wasnt gonna talk to me for the rest of her life (;
wtf was that ty
Hahahahahahahaha Miss Universe
im throwing up. i need a bucket.

 

Kitty
hahahaha i was right
I just wasn't expecting her to be dating Baek.
Like what.
come on get a life. its her life not yours.
You don't get how I feel... T.T
cause im too busy enjoying ice cream
OMG DAMN KITTEN!

 

I couldn't help but to laugh as I read those messages again. Who wouldn't fall for her? I don't know. It feels like I'd rather have her with me than to mind her...night adventures. I must be crazy. I'm certain.

***

- Story view -

Jessica sat at the counter again. This time, with an apple martini, her fifth one.

"Baby girl! I heard it hasn't been easy for the boys to get little kitty recently?" Siwon teased as he came up beside Jessica. The girl only dropped him a friendly smile. Afterall, Siwon had been one of her better "friends" in that place. Her eyes flickered for a moment, and then she beckoned Siwon. The man inched closer, thinking that Jessica had something to tell him. He was wrong, though, because Jessica grabbed his collar when he was near enough and crashed her lips onto his. It took Siwon merely a few seconds to melt into that kiss, before his hands cupped her neck. The passionate kiss, however, only lasted for a minute or two. Gently, Siwon pulled the girl away from him slowly, separating their lips, and then he looked into her eyes. "Did something happened?"

Jessica only closed her eyes, letting Siwon hold her. "I don't want to be kitty any more..."

Siwon sighed, before he pulled the girl into her arms, patting her back. "Then don't be."

The girl was left alone after a while, as a million thoughts raced through her mind, until a message arrived.

 

Taeyeon
Would you meet me at the beach?

 

Jessica frowned, but she didn't know that she had already stood up.

"Yoona ya."

"Yes!" Yoona shouted from a short distance away.

"I'm leaving."

The younger girl appeared shortly. "With?"

"Alone."

A knowing look was shown in Yoona's eyes. "You're gonna meet her?" Jessica sent a look of uncertainty, but she nodded. "If you know what you're doing..."

***

The two girls sat at the beach beside each other, listening to the rustling sea waves crashing upon the shore. They were silent, but a kind of peace accompanied that silence, and it didn't bother them a single bit.

"Kitten," Taeyeon suddenly spoke up.

"Mmm."

"Are you never going to show me your face?"

Jessica only chuckled, before she replied, "No."

Silence followed yet again, until Jessica abruptly leaned on Taeyeon's shoulder. Without realising it, Taeyeon too rested her cheek on the crown of the girl's head.

"It's really warm." Jessica's silky voice brought a kind of comfort to Taeyeon.

"Sorry?" Wondering if she had heard wrongly, Taeyeon lifted her head to look at Jessica.

Jessica let out a breath as she detached herself from Taeyeon's shoulder. Looking straight into Taeyeon's eyes, she repeated her words, "I said, it's really warm."

Almost automatically, Taeyeon's eyes fell to Jessica's lips, and she swallowed her saliva, unable to suppress the need to kiss those lips. She finally realised what was going on, and she quickly looked away, her ears heating up. However, she felt Jessica's cold hand cupping her face next, and she found that hand guiding her to face Jessica again. She sat up straight without knowing, her heart pounding so fast that she swore she could see stars. Before she could make out Jessica's face, she could already taste the strawberry lip balm on Jessica's lips. Her body tensed up as she squeezed her eyes shut, her fingers desperately digging into the sand. Her lips slowly parted, allowing Jessica to kiss her more deeply.

Jessica then gently pulled away from the kiss, but she couldn't look into Taeyeon's eyes. Her face still close to Taeyeon, she asked, "What am I supposed to do if I keep falling for you deeper and deeper like this...?"

"Is this...a confession?" Taeyeon responded with another question, mischief obvious in her tone as she couldn't hide her smile.

Jessica pulled herself back, while she looked far away at the sea. She took in a deep breath and let it out before she opened yet again. "Do you not like me doing...those things?" Jessica finally brought herself to ask that question that had been bothering her.

Taeyeon stayed silent for a while, and then she replied with almost anger in her voice, "I hate it." Jessica's eyes widened at her reaction while she stared at the girl. "I wish you would stop doing it." It was the most inappropriate time to find Taeyeon cute but that was exactly what was going on in Jessica's mind at that moment. Those child-like, innocent eyes.

Jessica let out a long breath, and then she looked at Taeyeon in her eyes. "If you tell me not to do it, I won't."

With determined eyes, Taeyeon stared at Jessica, her gaze unfaltering. "Don't do it. Don't do that any more."

The girl nodded. "Okay. I won't do it any more." She extended her pinky, with which Taeyeon locked hers. That's the least I can do for you. She thought.

 


[A/N] 19/9/2014

Happy Fridayyyyy! I'm so glad I managed to write this on time. I swear I almost had to postpone this update. This week was so busy for me... I had fun writing their texts though, if you haven't realised. Even so, I'm not satisfied at some parts because this chapter was supposed to be filled with internal battles. But, I'm so out of my mind these days. Either way, write me something! I saw some comments that I really wanted to reply to, irregardless of which story it is, and I'm gonna reply to those comments when I'm done with what I'm supposed to do today. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter for now.

I'll be back soon. You want me want me holler at me babe! :)

P.S. Yes iasb123, I haven't been writing any specific person's point of view for a really long time now but Taeyeon's POV in this chapter is for you. :) And aozoraxd, here's a shoutout for you too because you wanted a jealous Sica in the previous chapter. ^^

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales