Call Me

Love Assumed

- Story view -

"You look good."

"Thanks..." Taeyeon mindlessly replied her boss, when they were on the way to the bar in her boss' car.

Taeyeon didn't like it a single bit. She was known in her office for being breathtakingly beautiful, and even though she didn't hold any important positions in the office, her boss would often bring her whenever he went socialising. Somehow, Taeyeon always managed to help him clinch deals without even having to do anything, except to let the clients' eyes wander all over her. She often felt like those hungry wolves were undressing her with their eyes, but she also knew that there was nothing she could do about it. In fact, sometimes, she felt fortunate that it was all she had to do there - to sit. She couldn't imagine how some bosses would bring their staff and witness them being devoured by those lustful clients.

It didn't take too long before her boss, as well as the clients, became hopelessly drunk. She took the chance to leave the group, hoping to get some air on her own. It was always like this. Once her boss got drunk, she would be free to go. She had only barely managed to squeeze past another group of drunk girls when she was stopped by three almost statuesque guys.

"Uh... Sorry... Excuse me..." Taeyeon didn't dare to even look them in the eyes. She knew that being stopped like that never meant anything good.

"Excuse who? Is this your first time here? I sure haven't seen you around..." One of them smirked, while the rest looked on hungrily.

Taeyeon was in danger.

***

- Jessica's POV -

"Do I have the pleasure?" Someone who looked as y as he did sure had a hell of a voice. His voice was so, so intriguing.

"Pleasure to?" I purred seductively. He was going to bring me home tonight, without a doubt.

"To bring you back home." He smiled, ever so charismatically. "Am I good enough to bring home our highly sought-after Kitty?" He proceeded to ask.

"You're the winner tonight," I caressed his cheek with my thumb, and hooked my arm with the arm that he had extended.

We were only about one or two steps out of the bar when he suddenly leaned in for a kiss, and I found myself wrapping my arms around his neck. His tongue playfully prodded between my lips, and I was about to permit entrance when I heard a slight commotion. Disturbed, I turned to look, only to see the boys playing with their new target for the night. Coming to think of it, I was the only girl whom the boys didn't dare to trifle with. They really respected me, surprisingly. Brushing the sight aside, I was going to switch my attention back to this hunk in front of me when the girl's fearful whimper got me turning my head again. Really bothered this time, I only whispered a "give me a sec" to him and proceeded towards the boys.

Without much hesitation, I tugged hard at the girl's arm who almost staggered right into my arms. I held her firmly by her shoulders, and she only looked back at me, confused, and scared out of her wits.

"Trust me, and I'll get you out of here safely." I lightly spoke into her ears, and she nodded in response. This girl was kind of cute, but that was off point. "What are you big boys doing to this poor little fella?" I turned my attention to the boys.

"She was alone, so we wanted to keep her company... Does that make our baby girl unhappy?" Seungri pouted, and I laughed, before gently smacking his arm.

"Quit doing that. Come on, leave this little girl alone, yeah?" I was about to turn to leave when Jiyong stopped me.

"Hey, you don't ever do girls. Why are you taking her away?"

"I'll take her if I want to. Do you have any objections?" I shot him a look, and he only shrugged, before putting his arms around the boys, leaving us.

I didn't waste any more time in pushing her right out of the bar.

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah I guess... Thanks..." She straightened her clothes a little, the fearful expression still obvious in her eyes. 

"Gotta be careful around here. I'm off." I only smiled, before I turned to leave.

"Hey wait up!" I raised my eyebrow as I looked back, and she was hurrying over to me.

"Uh, yeah?"

"Your name is...?" Whatever did she want my name for?

"Uh... It's not that much of a big deal. It's okay. I'm off." I left her with that, and joined my handsome prize again for the night.

***

- Story view -

Taeyeon couldn't quite sleep that night. Her biggest question? Why was that girl even wearing such a mask? The second question. What was her name? She was bothered that she didn't manage to express her gratitude and thank the girl properly. Who knows what would have happened if not for her? She only let the thoughts run wild in her mind, and slowly, everything faded into darkness as she fell asleep. Jessica, on the other hand, had a wild of a time, before she left the sleeping guy again, letting the cycle repeat itself. She didn't think much of the girl she had saved earlier on. Afterall, helping innocent and helpless girls out at the bar was something she was so used to doing. She was the only one who could easily convince the boys to let the poor little girls off, anyway. Plus, she never did see those girls again, so why bother? But, that wasn't about to happen to this particular girl. It took only another week for her to meet her again, in almost the exact same situation.

"L-let me go..." The familiar, yet not so familiar voice reached Jessica's ear, and she who was sitting at the counter, turned towards the source of the voice. She blinked a few times when she recognised that face. Things weren't so simple next time. Hyunseung and Dongwoon were holding her and Junhyung was already working on her buttons. Jumping off her chair, she slowly made her way to another group of boys this time.

"Hey! It's our baby girl!" One of the boys turned their attention from Taeyeon to Jessica.

Jessica said nothing. Instead, she effortlessly pushed her way into the middle of the group, successfully securing a grip onto the girl's arm.

"Are you boys going to give her up to me?" She winked, and all of their hands, which were initially on Taeyeon, let go almost immediately.

"Is she going to be the winner for tonight?" Doojoon smiled, carelessly scratching the back of her head. Jessica always found that cute. That innocent, yet charming smile.

"Who knows?" Jessica patted Doojoon's head.

"Lucky ," Junhyung mindlessly muttered, and before he knew it, Jessica had landed a huge smack on the back of his head. "Ouch! What was that for?!"

"Don't you go around calling people names. Told you that many times Jun." Junhyung only scowled at her, and she laughed a little before pulling Taeyeon away from them, and out of the bar yet again.

When they were finally out, Jessica found herself buttoning up Taeyeon's shirt for her, only when she was done, did she notice how pale Taeyeon was. She held the girl by her shoulders, trying to give her some strength.

"Hey, what's wrong with you? Everything okay?"

"I..." Taeyeon was shaking badly, and even though Jessica had planned to give the girl a dressing down for not heeding her warning the other time, her heart softened at the sight of the girl's poor state.

"I'll hail you a cab. Can you get home on your own?" Jessica asked worriedly, and she didn't know why.

Taeyeon nodded, so Jessica put her arm around her own shoulder, supporting her as she moved towards the road. It didn't take long for a cab to stop in front of them. Jessica carefully helped Taeyeon into the cab, gave the driver a fifty-dollar bill, and was about to close the door, when she stopped and opened it again, to Taeyeon's surprise. Jessica hesitated for a while, before she extended her hand.

"You know what, give me your phone."

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, but she complied, anyway. Punching in some numbers, she handed Taeyeon her phone back when she was done.

"That's my number. Drop me a call when you're home safely." Without further words, Jessica was going to close the door again when Taeyeon stopped her this time.

"W-wait... Your name...?"

"Uh. K-i-t-t-y. Kitty. Call me."

Taeyeon nodded, and Jessica unknowingly smiled, before finally closing the door, watching as the cab carrying Taeyeon disappeared out of sight. When she got back to her senses, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you doing now, Jessica Jung?" She asked herself, before letting out a sigh and making her way back to the bar.

 


[A/N] 23/7/2014

So... The TaengSic encounter. *laughs* Anyone wants to bring Kitty home? Or, anyone wants to give Taengoo your phone number? I'm kidding. Write me something and tell me how was the chapter! It feels too safe and calm to be true now, isn't it? (Especially to you The Broken Puzzle readers :P) Whatever it is, if you think that this story is good, don't be stingy with your upvotes, okay? 'Cause it matters a lot to me. *grins*

iasb123 asked for Krystal's appearance. Don't you worry, 'cause Krystal always makes an appearance somehow, somewhere in my TaengSic stories. Drama stories, that is. Who else wants to request for anyone's appearance?

Also, for you masochist readers (some of you said that, not me), if you're still unaware of my collection of one-shots involving character deaths, Dear Death, be sure to check that out. janey9 said you shouldn't read it at work, though. *laughs* Oh and! You have to read stories by sparksfly7. (Buddy I'm so, so proud of you. I know you won't be reading this. But still... <3) There are genres of stories that I don't read, but she wrote it, and I had to read it. Trust me, it's gonna be the best decision you have ever made if you check out her stories right now. Like, right now.

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales