No Nothing

Love Assumed

- Story view -

"Hey beautiful." A hand slid itself from the top of Jessica's arm down to her elbow. "I see that you're alone. How abo-"

"No." Nonchalantly, Jessica swept the arm away, not even taking a second to look at the owner of the voice.

"What th-" The man was about to protest when Jessica finally turned to face him, not without a glare that could almost kill. "Right, right. Kitty's probably a little enraged today." The man raised his arms in defeat, before backing away.

"Woah woah, what has gotten into Kitty cat?" Yoona moved towards Jessica from behind the counter, holding her cocktail shaker as usual. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing," muttered the older girl.

"Are you worried about that girl?"

"What? No?"

"Liar."

"I'm not."

"Hey she's here!"

"Where?!" Jessica spun her head around to the entrance but the girl she was waiting for wasn't there. She frowned when she heard a giggle from the younger girl, and without hesitation, she turned back to face the girl, her eyes narrowed. "Im Yoona."

"Okay she's really here."

"Do I look like I'm gonna believe you a second time?"

"No wait she's really here. Seriously unnie she's here."

Sensing the seriousness in her tone, Jessica skeptically turned to look again, and her back straightened as her head registered that familiar face. She eyed the girl as she slowly made her way in.

Before the girl could even get anywhere near to Jessica, she was stopped by a guy, and Jessica could easily recognise him as Yongguk. "Seriously..." She muttered under her breath before she got off her chair and moved towards the two people.

"Please don't do thi-" Taeyeon was almost whimpering as the guy in front of her grabbed her arms tightly, when that familiar voice came into the picture

"Guk." Taeyeon found herself heaving a sigh of relief when the grip on her arms was released.

"Sup Kitty?" The deep, husky voice had Taeyeon tensing up again.

"Let her go."

"I saw her first, Kitty." Yongguk wouldn't back down, but Jessica remained firm.

"But she's my girl, Yongguk." Taeyeon only blinked a couple of times at Jessica, not knowing if she was intimidated by the girl, or...captivated. "Oppa." Jessica succeeded, as Yongguk softened his gaze. Taeyeon felt chills down her spine when Yongguk's eyes fell on her instead.

"You're her girl?" He asked, a hint of threat looming in his voice. Jessica too turned to look at Taeyeon worriedly, not knowing if she would be able to get herself out of trouble. When Taeyeon only stared at Yongguk without any words, he barked, "I asked you if you're her girl."

"Y-yes. I-I am..." Jessica's stiffened body finally relaxed, before she regained her stance.

"Oppa, you're scaring her. Can I have her now?" Yongguk only dropped Jessica a warning look, before he left the girls. "Come with me." Taeyeon's heart skipped a beat when Jessica grabbed her hand and dragged her to the counter. "Sit." One word from Jessica had Taeyeon obediently sitting down.

"Why, hello. I don't usually see our Kitty cat with a girl," Yoona teased as she approached the girls, with the bar counter separating them.

"Yoong, why not you shut up and give us some of your best shots."

"Is that a pun?" Yoona wasn't intending to stop fooling around until Jessica shot her a death glare. "Okay, right away," she continued, before she went away to prepare their drinks.

"K-Kitty..." Jessica wasn't quite used to a girl calling her name like this, but she turned to look all the same.

"Yeah?"

"I...I don't have money for drinks..."

Jessica only chuckled, before she looked away from her. "I do. It's okay."

"And the cab fare..."

"Don't worry about that."

"But how can I ju-"

"Just don't worry about that." Jessica dropped her a stare which shut her up almost immediately.

"Here. My best shots." Yoona winked as she returned with a tray of shooters, and Taeyeon's eyes widened in shock at the number of shot glasses.

"I..."

"Do you trust me?" Jessica held up a glass in front of Taeyeon. "I mean, do you trust me that I didn't drug your drink or anything. Wait. But why would I drug a girl anyway. Whatever. Do you trust me?"

Taeyeon locked her eyes with Jessica for a moment, before she took the glass over hesitantly.

"Go on."

This time, Taeyeon downed the shot, feeling the alcohol run down . Her eyes widened in surprise at how good it tasted, and Jessica noticed that.

"Good, huh?" Jessica smiled, and Taeyeon found herself returning the smile. "More?" Jessica pointed to the rest of the shooters, and Taeyeon nodded shyly, while Yoona let out a laugh before she left the girls to themselves.

"Before you continue, give me your address. I'll send you home or something." Jessica spoke up after Taeyeon had her third shot.

"I...don't want to go home."

Jessica raised her eyebrow at the girl, who seemed to be deep in her thoughts, and she thought for a moment, before she replied, "Then, do you trust me?"

Taeyeon gazed at the girl beside her for a moment or two, before she nodded, even though she didn't know why she did.

"I'll take you to somewhere safe later, should anything happen. You'll be safe and sound tomorrow, I promise. But I'm not gonna be responsible for your hangover, yeah?" Taeyeon found herself laughing, and then she nodded yet again. "Okay then, deal. Go on, drink."

***

Jessica knew that she was losing the girl after her fifteenth shot, and she couldn't help but to feel relieved, as the girl finally seemed to be able to shake off what was on her mind.

"Hey Taeyeon," she called out, her cheek resting on her palm with her elbow as a support on the table.

"Hmmmm?" Taeyeon extended her reply, her cheeks obviously flushing from the alcohol.

"Did something happen?" Jessica kept her eyes on the girl, whose expression turned dark upon her question. She could see the girl swallowing her saliva, and she wondered if she shouldn't have asked that question.

"No," came her reply. "I don't wanna talk about it. Let's...let's partyyyyy!" Taeyeon said, as she suddenly raised her glass.

"Okay let's drink. Cheers?" Jessica didn't hesitate holding a shooter to Taeyeon.

"Cheers!" The girl lowered her glass and clinked it with Jessica's.

The twentieth shot, and Taeyeon was gone. Jessica sighed, as she hooked Taeyeon's arm around her neck while she held her waist.

"Yoong! Give me a hand!" The younger girl was out of the counter in no time, supporting Taeyeon from the other side. It didn't take them long before they got her safely in Jessica's car.

"Unnie, are you sure about this?" Yoona dropped the question outside the car.

"Sure about what?" Jessica looked back at the younger girl, confused.

"Like...her?" Yoona pointed to the girl who was unconscious in her car.

"Uh, what about her?"

"I mean...you're gonna... She... As in..."

"Wait. Did you think that I was gonna...like, do her?" Jessica raised her eyebrow. When Yoona nodded, she was shocked when Jessica burst out laughing. "Come on Yoona! I'm just gonna be nice and bring her to somewhere safe. I'm not interested in her for goodness sake!"

"But you're...really nice to her...?"

"I am nice to you too Yoong. Okay come on you gotta go back to work. I'll get this...little thing to my hotel or something. Go now. Don't worry about me."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm very sure."

"Okay."

Yoona disappeared out of view, and Jessica got into her car. She turned to look at the sleeping Taeyeon, and she didn't know why it pained her for a moment to know that the girl was so troubled. She picked up her phone, and dialed the hotel's reception.

"Hey, this is..." Jessica was about to reveal her identity when she looked at Taeyeon once more, making sure that she was asleep. "...Jessica."

"Yes Miss Jung, how can I help you?"

"Can I have a suite? I'm arriving in a while."

"Sure, Miss Jung. I'll have it ready."

It didn't take them long to reach. When they were finally at the carpark, Jessica took off her mask and sighed as she looked at Taeyeon. "How am I suppose to get your fat up to the room?" She muttered, before she held Taeyeon up with much difficulty.

When they arrived at the room, Jessica managed to throw Taeyeon on the bed as she sat herself down beside her, her legs threatening to give way. She only rested for a couple of minutes, before she stood up and adjusted Taeyeon so that she was sleeping comfortably after she had taken off her shoes. Jessica stood beside her, her arms crossed, mindlessly staring at the girl who was sound asleep. Her body moving on its own, she found herself moving forward to cover the girl properly with the blanket.

"Bye, Taeyeon," Jessica whispered.

She was about to let go when Taeyeon grabbed her hand, and she jumped at the sudden movement. Jessica stood rooted to the ground, not daring to move. She wasn't going to let anyone else know that Jessica Jung was Kitty.

"Taeyeon...?" She tried asking with her back facing Taeyeon, but she didn't get a reply. Very cautiously, she turned her head to look, ready to dash out of the room if the girl was conscious. However, she was shocked when she saw the tears flowing down the girl's cheek, her eyes still closed. She swallowed hard and clenched her teeth, when the words escaped the intoxicated girl's lips.

"Don't go..."

***

The blinding sunlight shone into the room, and Taeyeon stirred in her sleep, before she finally cracked her eyes open. Not recognising the place that she was in, she was about to sit up in shock when the throbbing headache got to her. The headache paralysing her, Taeyeon lay where she was, holding her head, as she tried to recall whatever happened the night before.

Kitty.

Taeyeon quickly looked around her, and she felt a tinge of disappointment when she found out that she was all alone. She thought that she could still smell Kitty's perfume, but that was all.

There was no other sign, no note, no nothing.

 


[A/N] 8/8/2014

How was this chapter? Write me something :)

On a side note, I was thinking that if it's possible, I'll be releasing The Silver Guardian on Mondays and Love Assumed on Fridays. I know that I'm gonna be busy very soon, but I promise that I won't be leaving you hanging for weeks. Even if I do, I'll be dropping you a warning or so beforehand. Otherwise, you can be expecting the stories to be released on time. Of course, if inspiration strikes, I will be releasing my one-shots/multi-shots as and when they're ready. If you like this story, do check out my other works, or you can subscribe to me as an author so that you won't be missing out on any of my future works. It's only been a few days, but I miss talking to some of you already. I hope you have a good weekend!

Chapter 4 of TSG will be out very soon ;)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales