Past and Present

One Last Dance With You

Tae Kyung saw Mi Nyu coming in from the front door. She was wearing a Sunday dress, and he concluded she woke up early to hear mass.

"Good...morning, Hyung-nim," she greeted lowly.

He looked at her and was surprised that he was no longer angry. He went over to her and tapped her shoulders.

"Mi Nyu..." he started.

She gingerly looked at him in fear. She could not help feeling guilty, but she had to follow her brother's advice.

"I am no longer angry at you. If you want to be a friend to me, I can. Let's start over," he calmly said, but not in the sarcastic voice or way he usually shows.

Mi Nyu looked at him in hope, tears running down her eyes," Gamsahamnida, Hyung-nim..."

But Tae Kyung did not hug her anymore. She is no longer his girl, so there was no reason for him to hug her. Yet, Mi Nyu hugged him.

"Gamsahamnida, Hyung-nim...for forgiving me..." she cried in happiness.

Tae Kyung could not do anything but hug her back.

******

Tae Kyung was strolling in the mall with Jeremy, shopping for new formal shoes. They were going to wear it at the awards night for tomorrow.

"Hyung, the tux Coordi Noona gave me was awesome!" Jeremy bragged about a white outfit that Coordi Wang had Jeremy try the day before the changing rooms were renovated. "I'm such a stud!"

"Yeah, you are," Tae Kyung said. "By now, babies and preschool kids will totally adore you."

"Hyung!" Jeremy frowned.

The maknae stopped when they saw two familiar figures strolling sweetly in the mall.

"Oh, that's Coordi Noona and Hwang Joon, right?" Jeremy pointed out like a little child.

"Yes, let's just leave them alone," Tae Kyung suggested.

They were about to exit when another figure approach the sweet couple.

"Who is that, Hyung?" Jeremy asked.

"I don't know," he replied. Jeongmal, no one knew of Coordi Wang's past lovelife.

*****

"I can't believe that movie made me cry my stomach out!" Coordi Wang said.

"Yeah, me too. Haha!!!!" Joon said.

As they were walking, another guy came to them. He looked so hot you'd think you actually saw Hayami Mokomichi. (Kyaaa!!!! Fan girl mode ^_^)

"Kko Di-ya, Joon-ah," the other man said with a smile.

The couple looked uncomfortable as they looked at the other guy.

"How are you, Go Chung Hee-ssi," Joon said stiffly.

Go Chung Hee smiled at him, then at Coordi Wang. "Why so formal, Joon-ah? We're college friends, remember?"

"Yeah, but you took my girl away from me," Joon bitterly said.

"Stop it, Joon-ah," Coordi Wang whispered to her boyfriend.

Then, her not-so-quick eyes noticed two young guys looking at them. She saw Tae Kyung and Jeremy in disguise, and they bowed to her. Chung Hee saw them beyond disguise and smiled at the two lovers for excuse then went over to Tae Kyung and Jeremy. When the guy left, anger steamed out of Joon's being.

"Why did he have to come back here?" he told Coordi Wang.

"I don't know," the stylist said grimly. "Let's just hope he will not mess up with us."

*****

"Ah, you're from A.N. Jell, right?" Chung Hee said to Tae Kyung.

"Ne (Yes)," Tae Kyung politely replied, still with that domineering air of his.

"Oh, I am a fan. You know, A.N. Jell is really famous in Japan," Chung Hee said.

"Jinjja (Really)?" Jeremy asked excitedly. "Hyung, we have a Japanese fan, up close and personal."

Chung Hee laughed. "Ani...I am Korean, but I am currently working in Japan. Go Chung Heeyeyo (I am Go Chung Hee)."

He got out his wallet, got a calling card, and, handing it to Tae Kyung, spoke in Japanese, "Meishi o douzo (Here's my calling card, please)."

"Arigatou gozaimasu," Tae Kyung replied in perfect Japanese. Upon receiving the card, Tae Kyung and Jeremy saw that Chung Hee is working as a businessman there.

"Mianhamnida. I did not bring any calling card with me," Tae Kyung said. He knew very well that it is good and polite manners to exchange calling cards.

"Me too, sorry," Jeremy said.

Chung Hee said it was all right, then he sheepishly asked for their autograph. As the two idols were signing, Jeremy tactlessly opened his mouth.

"Oh, you seem to know Coordinator Noona," he said.

"Coordinator Noona?" Chung Hee asked.

"Ne, Wang Kko Di-ssi," Tae Kyung finished for Jeremy. He knew he had to talk diplomatically and carefully. Otherwise, Jeremy might say somethings which are inappropriate. "She's our fashion stylist."

"Ah, geuraeyo? That's nice to know," Chung Hee said amiably. "She's my college friend."

He, then, excused himself and went on his way. He bid goodbye to the two idols and thanked them much for the autograph.

"Looks like Noona is in serious trouble," Tae Kyung thought while pursing his lips.

******

"What is he telling the two kids?" Joon nervously asked Coordi Wang. "Will he tell them that he is your ex-boyfriend?"

"Andwae (No)," Coordi Noona replied. "I trust Tae Kyung. He would not say anything to jeopardize me nor believe anything that the jerk is telling them. If there is someone who should tell them of my past, it is I."

"So, you never told them you have past relationships?" Joon said.

"No, I did not. Not even President Ahn knew," she smirked. "It is so good to be playing behind their backs!"

Bad girl.

"Anyhow, do not worry. You are the first boyfriend that they had met," she assured him.

But Joon could not help but be wary.

*****

That afternoon, as Jeremy and Mi Nam were watching news online, the blond boy shouted in amazement.

"Whoah!" he said.

Mi Nam looked at him icily then went back to watching the news. The news is about a Korean-born Japanese model and businessman who visits the country for some projects.

"Go Chung Hee? He sounds familiar," Mi Nam said objectively.

"Go Chung Hee goes by the ramp name of Nobu Hiroki," the news anchor said.

"Ah, so that's why!" Mi Nam replied.

"Mi Nam-ah, he is Coordi Noona's college friend," Jeremy said, retelling him about the autograph signing at the mall.

"Ah, you are SOOOO lame," Mi Nam said. "If I were with Tae Kyung, I would have asked for his autograph too!"

"But is it my fault that I do not know him?" Jeremy retorted. "Besides, you never went buying stuff with Tae Kyung-hyung."

"Whatever. You are still LAME!" Mi Nam shot back. And so, both of them were scratching each other all over again.

*****

That beautiful Sunday night, it seems that Coordi Noona visited the dorm often. (Well, without Joon this time). She had been bringing her makeup kit for the awards night the next night.

After dinner, it was Shin Woo and Mi Nam's turn to wash the dishes. Since Towel Guy was out of sight in the veranda, Coordi Noona stayed there, admiring the night sky. Tae Kyung came out from the door and sat down a few distances away from the coordinator.

"Are you ready for tomorrow's event?" Coordi Wang asked.

"O," Tae Kyung replied. He was always ready.

"I will come here around afternoon to help you guys ready. Gosh, I am such a mess! I haven't even brought in Shin Woo's tux yet," Coordi Noona said.

"He can wear any of his tux. And oh, why did you not bring all of the outfits at the same time?" Tae Kyung asked in irritation. Maybe Noona was just wanting to eat for free, which is why she had been on the pretext of bringing their clothes one by one.

Coordi Wang still hated Tae Kyung's arrogance, which is why she sometimes "curse" him behind his back.

"Those are outfits ordered from London, and the management is negotiating with the dealer regarding the stocks available. It cannot be helped," Noona explained. "Besides, I don't want you to be wearing the same outfits. You'd look like office workers or students. Ahawhawhawhaw!!!!"

The noona was totally amused of the thought of them wearing the same styles.

"This is Baeksang Arts Awards, Tae Kyung," Noona said. "President Ahn wanted the best outfits for you."

No wonder. So it is not for free meals, after all.

"Noona, I wanted to ask," Tae Kyung told her. Then he proceeded telling her regarding his encounter with Chung Hee. "Who is he?"

Coordi Noona started to talk about her past love life, which was unknown to everyone, not even to President Ahn. She and Hwang Joon had been best friends since middle school, and he courted her a month before graduating high school. Then, during college, she majored in Fashion, and he, Journalism. There, they met with Go Chung Hee, who has the same major as her. Since she and Chung Hee had been friends and classmates in college, Joon got to know him too. Chung Hee became the third member of their group--though Joon and she are still a couple. However, a few months after starting third year in college, Chung Hee literally stole her away from Joon, as she had fallen in love with her classmate. It was not she who broke up with Joon. It was the other way around. Of course, she got hurt, being heartbroken by her bestfriend and lover. Yet, it seems that she loved Chung Hee more than Joon. And eversince, Joon avoided them. During prom and graduation, Chung Hee and Noona still were the couple. A year after working in their fields, Chung Hee decided to work in Japan, as a Japanese model agency had discovered him. He went to Japan and worked there, and it was there that she knew that he had a started business too. When Joon knew that Chung Hee left, he courted Noona again, and there, she realized that she still had feelings left for him. She called Chung Hee from overseas and announced that she is breaking up with him, realizing that she was still madly in love with Joon. Of course, Chung Hee got hurt, for Noona was his first girlfriend, ever. Since then, she never bothered knowing what happened to Chung Hee, nor did she cared at all. She was happy getting back with Joon, and even if he decided to be a traveling journalist, they stayed faithful to each other. Even if Manager Ma was chasing her in his annoying way, she still stayed faithful to Joon. She, however, chose not to reveal to the management that she has a boyfriend. She just preferred to, as she preferred that her lovelife be a surprise to everybody. Yet, it just came to them by surprise that Chung Hee actually came back to Korea for some projects. She was totally hoping that Chung Hee and A.N Agency will not have any collaboration at all.

"Hm...that still depends on the president, though," Tae Kyung said. "He also mentioned that he is a great A.N Jell fan. He even had my autograph and Jeremy's too."

"Agh, let's just hope he will not have any collaboration," she winced.

*****

The next night, A.N. Jell attended the Baeksang Arts Awards where many actors and actresses were awarded. They even strutted on the red carpet. Tae Kyung was also astonished that Chung Hee was invited to the prestigious awards. Oh-oh....