Big Boy School

Baby Vixx^^

Hakyeon could feel the tears gather in his eyes as soon as he walked through the doors of the nursery. He gripped onto his mother’s hand harder, squeezing her harshly as he looked around the room. This place was his second home and he didn't want to leave.

            “Hakyeon darling, you need to let go of me,” Mrs Cha hissed through gritted teeth as she tried to get her youngest son off her newly manicured hand. She had an important meeting to get to and she couldn't attend it looking like a mess.

            “No, umma …” The little boy protested until Luna came over to pry him away.

            “It's ok Hakyeonnie.” Luna missed the way Mrs Cha flinched at the nickname given to her son, “Why don’t you go and play with Taekwoon?”

            “Thank you,” Mrs Cha said sharply before leaving and not looking back at her son in Luna’s arms staring at her with pleading eyes.

(*0*)

            “Hyung? Hyungie? Hyuuunnngggggg?” Jaewhan sang as he continually poked at Hakyeon’s cheek. Hongbin had joined in, dropping his Hyukkie just this once so he could have fun pestering his eldest hyung. It wasn’t until Taekwoon silently grabbed the two troublemakers’ hands whilst sending them silent death glares that they stopped.

            “Yah!” He whispered, his voice less imitating than his glare. In the case of this hyung, his bite was much worse than his bark.

            “Sheesh hyung, it’s only fun,” the bean rolled his eyes before slinking off, probably to find Sanghyuk, and play. Jaewhan got the message as well and scuttled off, not in the mood to have his head bitten off today by a moody lion.

It wasn't until the youngersters had gone and until Taekwoon had calmed down that he turned to a glassy eyed Hakyeon to see what was troubling the older. Quietly taking his hyungs hand, Taekwoon looked at him with worry.

            “What’s wrong Yeonnie?” Hakyeon snapped out of his wallowing when he heard his nickname not used by the younger in a long time.

            “I …” Hakyeon began, his lower lip already starting to wobble. “I don’t want to go.” Taekwoon glanced at his hyung, confused, as he sat there pathetically sniffing with his arms wrapped around his body. The lion could stand many things – he was a calm, patient child – but one thing he couldn’t stand to see was his Yeonnie hyung crying. Taekwoon pulled the other into his arms and held onto him tightly as he waited for his hyung to carry on.

            “We … we have to go soon. I don’t want to leave my babies,” Hakyeon burst into ugly sobs as he buried his head into his best friend’s shoulder.

            “Hyung? What are you talking about? Are you talking about school?” Hakyeon froze, looking at his lion with amazement. That was the longest sentence he’d ever heard fall from his mouth and all he could do was nod dumbly.

            “Why?”

            “Um-umma said this morning that,” Hakyeon’s sentence was interrupted by a hiccup. “we’re going *hic* soon.”

            “It’ll be ok.” Taekwoon had nothing else to say as he just held the elder until he stopped wailing.

(@-@)

“So that’s why hyung was upset?” Wonshik asked cutely before curling up under Hakyeon’s arm in an attempt to comfort him. Although Jaewhan was his favourite, Hakyeon came close second.

            “You’re being taken?” The blonde haired boy squeaked. “You’re going to be taken away by those evil, alien teachers and made to do work at home when you could be playing! You’ll be forced to go out to that big, hard grey bit of floor even when it rains and you'll have to wear the same clothes as everyone else! You’ll have to ~”

            “Hyungie!” Wonshik shut his favourite hyung up with a tug on his sleeve when he noticed Hakyeon was starting to turn a pale shade of green.

            “Aliens!?” Hakyeon whispered. “Work?! Matching clothes!?!?” It looked as though Hakyeon would faint any moment when images of kids in matching, hideous outfits flashed before his eyes.

            “It’s not that bad hyung,” Hongbin said nonchalantly. “My noonas are at school and they’re fine. They get to play with their friends but they do have to do work.” Hakyeon nodded seeming a little calmer.

            “I just don’t want to … to leave you all here,” Hakyeon sniffled, the tears coming back again. His eyes glazed over as he looked at his babies sitting in front of him.

            His little Wonshikkie: his favourite after Taekwoon. The little boy was too kind and innocent. He would do anything his hyungs asked for without batting an eyelid and sometimes that wasn’t the best of things. He’d often end up as Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s puppy in their little games of family or as a plaything to Hyukbin who loved to torture their hyungs. But he was also kind and caring. He wouldn’t stay away if anyone needed help and was always there to offer a hug and a kiss on the cheek to anyone who wanted it.

            Hyukbin – the terrors of the nursery and his babies. Hakyeon couldn’t get over how cute the two of them were together and often gave them couple clothing if one of them had a birthday. They would never fail to make him smile as they shared their food and their milk and, of course, their sleeping mat when it was playtime. They caused a lot of trouble with their mischief but they always brought happiness and a smile to anyone they messed with.

            And then there was Kenken. Hakyeon didn’t know if he felt comfortable enough to let the blonde boy look after the rest of them. He was forgetful, messy, loud, not to mention awful at colouring within the lines and he had the odd habit of eating his snacks in the blanket cupboard, but he was caring and he took great care of the babies when worst came to worst. He knew that Wonshikkie, at least, would be cared for and just maybe the his maddness would mean the others learnt to do things for themselves quickly. Even though he knew they would be fine, it didn't mean that he wanted to leave them alone.

            “But hyung,” Wonshik’s lips by his ear pulled him from his thoughts with a jolt.

            “Yes Shikkie?”

            “You can still come and visit us.” The younger’s smile was breath taking as his little eyes turned into adorable crescents. “Annnd, we’ll still love you.” Hakyeon stared at them all as they nodded like puppies.

            “I’ll always love you guys too.” 

(^-^)

I'm back ^^ 

Hello there everybody!

Just so you know, this is not going to be the last chapter ... I have many more planned for our little group of troublemakers. Also this story is written over a jumbled timeline so there will be many more chapters with Hakyeon in.

A big thank you from me to my 81 (omg 81 people! I didn't think I'd get more than ten!) subscribers ~ I love you guys *sends hugs* :)

I hope you all enjoyed it and please don't forget to leave me a comment/subscribe/maybe even upvote?

Sophie x

#Wondervixx - I'm glad you think their cute and can picture them. Hope you liked this update :)

#summer8minyeon - haha they're just adorable!

#ardhii93 - I'm glad you though it was cute and thank you for your comment^^

#BBC4Life17 - Hahaha I know! :D

#Youngminkwangmin - Haha they are aren't they - thank you for commenting^^

#onkeyshadows - haha I'm glad you liked it. Don't have too big of a nose bleed!

#Frostbloom - I'm glad you think so - thank you for your comment :)