Tiffany

Don't Go

Sunny sneaked her head into the room to take a peek at the woman inside. She giggled by herself when she spotted the awaiting Taeyeon on the bed. Not wanting to make her lover wait any longer, the petite woman soon stepped inside. The sound of the closed door made Taeyeon aware of her presence.

“Hey baby” Sunny reached the bed and without hesitation she met Taeyeon’s red lips, soft-kissing her. She could not help it; it was the after-effect of not having Taeyeon beside her for what seemed to be a long time for her and now it was the time to pay it all.

The lady who got kissed first was pretty much in a similar situation; she was now pulling Sunny deeper to get a better taste of her tongue. It was the sensation she had been longing – to have Soonkyu greet her on her bed and kiss her sweetly like this. Smacks from their lips could be heard all over the room as if they did not even care if the entire people in the Kim’s house noticed it. After a while, though, after she felt like it was long enough, Sunny parted their lips. Their eyes met naturally as their mouth no longer glued together.

“You ready for the check-up today?”

“I am. Are you?”

“Of course I am more than ready” Remembering something, Sunny rolled her eyes up. “Actually, I think you should be ready for more than just a check-up”

“Eh? Why?” Taeyeon tilted her head.

Again, Taeyeon’s action made Sunny want to fly seeing her cute puppy face. Mesmerized, she did not blink for a few seconds and her eyes hovered over Taeyeon’s temple all the way to her chin. Seeing no response from her girlfriend, a slight panic could be seen on Taeyeon’s face.

“Sunny-ah, you’re not taking me to meet your parents right? Omo, I am not ready for that. I haven’t dressed up for that”

Her innocent, panic comments made Sunny burst out into laughter.

“Of course not! My parents are still in God-knows-where” She answered to calm the latter down. “We got an invitation from Jessica. It’s her birthday, so she wants us to have lunch there after your check-up”

“Ah” Taeyeon relaxed her tensed muscles and once again rested herself on the pillow behind her. “Speaking of which…”

“Yeah?”

“I remember Jessica’s wife”

Sunny gulped. “Yeah?”

“And I remember her labor should be due earlier than mine”

Sunny bite the tip of her lips, not knowing how to tell it. “Taeyeon-ah-”

“So how’s their baby?”

“Taeyeon-ah… Tiffany lost her little one”

* * *

Tiffany attempted to light up the candles, using her palms to block the wind from blowing off any of them. Assured that she missed nothing on the cake, she carefully lifted it with both hands and carried it to where their bedroom’s at. She stood there in front of the door before calling her wife’s name.

“Jessie…”

It took a few seconds before the called woman unlocked the key and revealed herself outside.

“Happy birthdaaay!”

Jessica looked down to the cake with the lit-up candles before looking back up to her Tiff. By the time she caught her eyes, she could see a mixed feeling between happiness and sadness at the same time, and she understood the reasons those feelings appeared in Tiffany’s eyes. She decided to take the cake and put it on the table, not giving it any attention. She pulled her wife into her embrace, tightly.

“Thank you” She wanted to be strong, but she was far too overwhelmed to hold back the tears. “Thank you for remembering my birthday”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“I…” Jessica caressed her back. “I know that you’re still in too much of a shock to prepare this for me”

It brought Tiffany back to the scariest day she wished she could not remember for the rest of her life. Since then, she had always locked herself up, leaving Jessica in confusion and despair. She then remembered the nights they fought over her giving up for a second chance, the nights she accused Jessica senselessly of not caring about her feelings, and the nights she blamed herself for the accident. All of those bitter memories coming back added to the fact that Jessica was still there for her made her break down.

“I’m sorry” She uttered her words in the middle of the sobs. “I’m really sorry”

“Don’t blame yourself again, yeah?” Jessica smiled even though the other could not see it. “I will always be here for you. You always hear this, right? I will always be here for you no matter what will happen again. So please don’t be scared”

Just then, the door bell rang and the two soon turned their head upon the sound.

“They’re here” Jessica smiled. “I’ll get it”

She ran to the gate and opened it in excitement, knowing who would be behind it. Just like what she had expected, the opened gate revealed the sight of her best friend, who was now holding another woman by the hand behind her.

“You’re here!” Jessica brightened up her expression. “Taeyeon, it’s nice to see you again”

“It’s been a while” Taeyeon replied her warmly.

“Come in, you two arrived just in time. Tiffany has just brought in the cake” The birthday girl led their ways inside.

Once she heard the name mentioned, Taeyeon stopped walking and half-pulled Sunny to make her stop too. Sunny gazed at her as if it was a signal to follow the owner of the house inside, but Taeyeon just shook her head in disagreement. Sunny turned around and rubbed her fingers gently.

“Hey, it’s okay” She whispered. “The reason we’re here is to cheer her up. And who knows, Tiffany could open up to you and share things with you”

Sunny’s comforting face convinced her somehow, that it would be okay to meet Tiffany now. Once they stepped inside, the couple of the house had been waiting for them on the dinner table. The candles on the cake started to melt as Jessica signaled them to hurry.

Once the other two were on their seats, Jessica blew all the candles and smoke started filling the area. Tiffany stood up and kissed her lips, followed by Sunny cupping her cheeks, and lastly Taeyeon giving her a warm hug – each with their own ‘happy birthday’ messages.

Jessica was busy preparing the plates for the cakes and Sunny was helping her by the time Tiff and Taeyeon were the only ones left on the table. Trying to melt down the awkward atmosphere, Tiffany smiled.  

“It’s been a while since I saw you” She said. “How have you been?”

“I’m doing well. I just got a few problems here and then. How are you doing?”

“Well, just, fine… I guess” The mistress of the house giggled awkwardly. “Well you know things have gone wrong and so Jessica and I are on the way to heal ourselves and I am also… Well, yeah, trying. How’s your little one going?”

“He’s fine. I have just had another check-up today. If there’s no trouble, the doctor said, I should be due next month”

“I see. That’s good then! You should let us know when it’s time”

“Sure. Tiffany, I am so sorry to hear about… it”

“Oh no it’s okay, it’s okay” Smile was still seen on Tiff’s face even though Taeyeon could start noticing her tensed expression. “The doctor told us I could try again and so… There’s nothing to worry about. I could always try again and I don’t need to be scared. The past is the past so I don’t need to regret it too much. We could always try again even though we lost-“

By the time she choked, Taeyeon was already sitting next to her and holding her hands. Her sentence was cut off; she could not continue it as her lips started to tremble when she tried speaking again. Without her permission drops of tear fell to her cheeks one by one. Thinking it was best to let the silence fill in for a while, Taeyeon kept her hand firm there.

Jessica was on her way back to the table when she noticed her crying girl from a few meters away. She was about to run there when a hand grabbed her and held her step back. She turned and saw Sunny shaking her head at her. When she turned her attention back to the scene on the table, Tiffany was already hugging Sunny’s girlfriend, crying herself out right there.

“Don’t you ever lose him, Taeyeon. Don’t you ever lose him” Tiffany tightened her grip on Taeyeon’s back. “It hurts like hell, Taeyeon. It really hurts. And what hurts even more is that Jessica should have been a mom by now, on her birthday. And I could not grant her that. Promise me, Taeyeon, take care of yourself well. It hurts, Taeyeon, it hurts. I…”

The sentence was once again followed by silence, accompanied by her sobs. Taeyeon ran down her fingers on Tiffany’s hair and her back with the other hand while Jessica and Sunny silently stood behind them.

* * *

The moon was slowly brightening the now dark room. Sunny had just turned off every single lamp after she tucked Taeyeon in her bed. Still not wanting to leave, she crept back to where Taeyeon was lying down.

“Sleep tightly and don’t overthink things, okay?” She glued the tip of her nose with her girlfriend’s.

“I still don’t want you to leave” Taeyeon pouted although she knew it was dark enough for Sunny to even see that pout.

“You want me here until you are in your dream land, Miss Kim Taeyeon?”

“It’s okay. I am afraid you will arrive home too late”

“It’s Sunday tomorrow, remember?”

“Just… Lie down here for a few minutes then”

Like it was her boss’ command, Sunny obeyed right away and relaxed herself next to the woman under the blanket.

“Don’t tell me you are now thinking about Tiffany”

“How could I not think about her” Taeyeon frowned. “It’s because I was there that she was reminded of it again and broke down”

“Heeey, see? I just told you not to overthink anything” Sunny pinched her cheeks tenderly. “You heard it yourself. You should take care of yourself better from now on. The doctor had told you that even if Tiff didn’t say the same thing”

“I know that. And to think about it, I have given my own little one such hard times to go through”

“Why is that?”

“Because when his mom was not with Sunny back then, all she could give him was tears”

“You cried?”

“…Yeah”

 “Everyday?”

“Well… Let’s just say… Often”

“Because of me?”

“Because I missed you and because of everything. But I can promise him now that I will be happy from now on” She traced her finger along Sunny’s cheek. “Because you’re here with me now”

“I am glad that I can be here again” Sunny smiled; she put her hand on the tummy of the woman in pajama, rubbing it gently. “Okay, it’s bedtime now. You need to sleep, and so does this little boy here”

“Okay, okay…” Taeyeon caught the hand on her stomach and stared deeply into Sunny’s eyes. “Sunny-ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Will it be too much to ask you to kiss me good night?”

“Why would it be too much?” Sunny fixed her position, getting ready to capture the lips of the woman at the bottom for one more time as soon as she heard the request.

She began with soft, slow kisses and she continued it that way – somehow not wanting to leave those lips just yet – until Taeyeon gave her the permission for their tongue battle again. Her lips sloppily inserted and soon she could taste sweets from Taeyeon’s cavity. Frequent lip bites happened; either Taeyeon would start first and Sunny would reply or vice versa. The one on top suddenly found her arms a way to Taeyeon’s waists and she soon drew small circles on them. Somehow someway, it reminded the lying down lady of their first night and she began letting out heavy breaths due to Sunny’s tongue actions all over her taste bud. Sensing small sighs from her lover – or blame it on her hormones, Sunny could not help but to move her kisses from lower to Taeyeon’s neck.

She planted soft kisses all over the smooth, milky neck and she decided not to stop when she realized Taeyeon’s small yet y sighs got even louder. After savoring the skin with her lips and tongue, she moved on to nibble on the very same body part, sinking her teeth deeply there.

“Ah!”

Sunny got back to her senses when Taeyeon’s yelp shocked her a bit. Yet, the woman under her still had her eyes closed, as if she wanted her to continue her actions. However, Sunny decided to halt her actions; she came back to Taeyeon’s face and smiled at her.

“You really enjoyed it till you forgot your condition huh?”

“Blame you for that” Taeyeon wrapped her arms around the slightly shorter’s neck, smirking. “And I promised that I would repay you for… our first night, remember?”

“Yes, but there’s no way I am going to let you do that right now”

“Waeee” Taeyeon’s lips turned upside down.

“Your health and stamina come first for now. I don’t want anything happens to you just because of me longing for your body” She once again pinched Taeyeon’s cheeks. “Besides, this is in your house, pabo”

“So what if this is my house” Still not satisfied by the cancelled ministration, Taeyeon avoided Sunny’s gaze. “And the doctor has stated before that it’s okay for me to do it”

After giggling it off, Sunny just leaned in again to plant another kiss on the lips. “You have promised me to mind your health first for now. So please, listen to me, okay? You can always repay me another day. We still have lots lots lots of day to do it in the future”

Taeyeon let out a bothered sigh, but finally agreed. “Okay, okaaay. I will listen to my girl, okay?”

“That’s my girl” Sunny smirked victoriously.

“Now, go home, okay? It’s late already. I don’t want you to be tired either. Even if you don’t have to work tomorrow, you still must save a lot of energy to go here. And you must go here. Must. Okay?

“Alright, must. Of course it’s a must” Sunny let out small laughter. She was about to hop off from the bed after that, but decided to steal another kiss from the other. She locked their gazes with eyes full of love and was replied by the same look from Taeyeon. “Good night and sleep tight, Taengoo”

“Good night, Sunny”

With that, Taeyeon closed her eyes and Sunny walked out of the room. They knew that even when they were not in the same place, their minds were intact with each other and that they were thinking of each other. Taeyeon’s lips turned up imagining the days they would have in the future before she finally dozed off.