Hara's Tears

Don't Go

If there was anything Taeyeon had wished for coming true, it was to wake up next to Sunny's side every single day, just like that morning. Her eyelids moved as she was stirred from her deep sleep, and once she fully opened her eyes, she was happy that she still found that beautiful face of Sunny, and it was not a dream at all. 

It had been their morning routine to do a few good minutes of kissing, take a quick shower and then take care of Hara, and then Taeyeon would get prepared for work and bid Sunny a 'see you later'. Sunny would stare at her girlfriend's back before it completely disappeared from her sight, and then got Hara prepared to come with her to work since she found no other person who could take care of the little girl while Taeyeon and her were earning money.

"Why can't I come with Auntie Taeyeon instead?" Hara asked innocently when Sunny was about to put her T-shirt on. "I am bored at Auntie Sunny's place. Auntie Taeyeon's place sounds more interesting"

"Hara, you know you can't go with Auntie Taeyeon. She's got a lot of stuffs to do"

"Like what?"

"Talking to people, cooking, making drinks. You also remember she has to take care of a young baby brother too right?"

"But I can be a good kid and sit down nicely like a princess!"

"I will take you there once I get a holiday, okay? Now let's put on your pants, Auntie Sunny's gonna be late"

Just when Hara was lifting one of her legs to get it into her pants, the door bell rang. Sunny sighed. 

"Who could be coming at this time? Seriously. Hara, try putting on your pants by yourself first, alright?"

Having a guest at this time was a very unusual thing at her house, Sunny thought. It would usually be just a salesperson trying to offer her to sign a life assurance contract and that was not even once in every few months.

Sunny could expect anyone to be at the other side of the door, but not this person. When she finally pulled the knob, she saw a figure of a man. 

Or a boy, to be exact. Even from his look Sunny could tell he was still around his 20s. He had short, black hair, and a rather slim body. He was not much taller than her and had got quite a good-looking face.

"Good afternoon" 

"Good afternoon" Sunny greeted back. "Who are you looking for?"

The boy smiled a bit. "Does Kim Taeyeon live here?"

Sunny's heart skipped a bit. Ever since Taeyeon lived here, there had been no one looking for her. And she didn't remember Taeyeon mentioning anyone who knew that she lived here. As far as she recalled, Taeyeon even didn't want anyone to know. So, this person...

"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Baekhyun, Taeyeon's fiancee. Can I please see Taeyeon?"

Being a good tricker she was, Sunny quickly searched for words. She then pretended to smile. 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Baekhyun but I have always lived alone here"

"Really? But, sorry, I didn't mean to invade your privacy but I have actually asked the people who live around here. They all confirmed that there's someone, a woman, who lives with you everyday"

Sunny gulped when she knew her defense wasn't working. Still, she managed to stay calm.

"Ah, you mean the maid whom I hire to wash my dishes and clothes everyday? The maid does not live here. She only comes in the afternoon and goes home at night after she finishes all her works"

This time, it was Baekhyun's turn to sigh.

"Please tell the truth to me" He continued. "I have checked everywhere and I am quite sure that the information I got is correct. I don't know what is your relation with Taeyeon, but I am her fiancee. I need to see her"

"She. Does Not. Live. Here" Sunny replied, almost sneering. 

"Please, Sunny-ssi. I really need to talk to Taeyeon"

Sunny's eyes flickered. "How do you know my name?"

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that I need to see Taeyeon, talk to her and bring her home with me. Please"

"I have told you she doesn't live here. I don't know any woman named Kim Taeyeon" 

Seeing Sunny's persistence, Baekhyun stepped back a bit. "Alright then, if you're not going to let me meet her. Or probably she told you not to let me see her"

Sunny stood on her place, not moving a bit. 

"Auntie Sunny!" Hara popped out from behind Sunny's legs. "Why are you still here? Is Auntie Taeyeon home already?"

Upon the statement, Baekhyun turned her head to the little girl's direction. Sunny squatted down and held her hands tightly.

"Hara, I told you to put on your pants right?"

"But I cannot put it on by myself! Auntie Taeyeon never let me put it on by myself! She always helps me!" 

"Hara! Ssshh"

"Sunny-ssi" Baekhyun interrupted. "I'm sorry but I don't think there's a point to hide it anymore. Please, let me see Taeyeon"

As much as she didn't want to admit it, Sunny had to say the boy made a point. There's no holding back anymore. She stood up and fixed her angry gaze onto the boy's brownish eyes.

"Alright, I'll take you to see her" She glared. "But you have to go after you talk"

* * *

Taeyeon was wiping the tables, sweating as more and more piles of works waiting ahead of her. She knew it wouldn't be good for her condition, but there's nothing she could do since the cafe she was working for seemed to be getting more and more crowded. 

She was thinking of asking the manager to take a quick rest when the manager herself had suddenly appeared in front of her. 

"Taeyeon-ssi, there's someone who wants to talk to you"

It must be Sunny, she thought and smiled. How nice it is of her to come and see me. 

Taeyeon quickly took off her apron and walked outside. Even though sweats were still running down her forehead, she got her bright face and energy back once she thought of seeing Sunny's face. 

She opened the gate and found three people in front of her. The first two were familiar, because they were Sunny and Hara, who lived with her every single day. But her cheerful face dropped when she saw the third face.

"Taeyeon-ah" Baekhyun called her gently.

Unexpectedly, Taeyeon just froze, not moving nor replying anything.

"Taeyeon-ah, let's go home"

Silence filled in. Sunny turned her eyes to take a look at the other woman, and it was like seeing a statue. She had never seen Taeyeon that way before. She felt guilty because she brought the boy here, but then it was still better rather than having Taeyeon secretly taken home by this boy on the left side of her.

"Look, Taeyeon, I'm really sorry" Baekhyun attempted once more, walking a few steps ahead toward the woman she was talking to. "Let's forget the past and we-"

"No!" Taeyeon yelled, all at once stopping Baekhyun's steps. Tears started forming as she went on. "Don't ever show up in front of me again. I.. I want to forget you, I want to forget everything. I want to build a new life"

"But.."

"Don't come near me and touch me again"

"But what about my own child!?" Baekhyun cut her off. "You're carrying my child, isn't that true!? I still have a right over my own child and take care of you!"

Once it was mentioned, Taeyeon lost her words. The moment that she had been afraid of had finally come. Nevertheless, she gripped her hands tighter.

"I can take care of him by myself. Besides, I've got someone to take care of this child too. Someone whom I truly love. Someone I want to be with"

Sunny bited her lips.

"Who?" Baekhyun smiled bitterly. "Who could possibly take care of you better than I do?"

"I" Sunny moved her legs, with Hara following her from behind, and approached her girlfriend slowly. She held her hands and their fingers met, as if it was natural. "I will be taking care of Taeyeon and her little one from now on. I have promised that to her, and I am more than willing"

The boy laughed. "Don't make a joke here. Taeyeon, you would marry a girl?"

"Nothing's wrong with that" Taeyeon answered. "She is much more worth it than you are"

"Oh, is that so? Then tell me why you wanted to do that with me at the first place" Baekhyun chuckled.

Taeyeon's eyes widened and everyone could tell she got really pissed off. "Don't ever talk about that night again"

"You also wanted it, Taeyeon. You wanted it, too" Baekhyun stated. "Should I tell this woman next to you how many men or boys you had flirted with before you got me? The way you seduced them?"

Sunny could feel the hands she was holding was trembling greatly. Baekhyun was attacking her pride, and she knew he was going to take Taeyeon down anytime soon with his words.

So she spoke up. "No matter what happened in her past, I will still be taking care of her. I love her for who she is, not who she was in the past"

Baekhyun gneered his teeth. "That's it. I'm taking you home no matter what. No matter how much you love her and how much she loves you, I am the one who still has a right over you. Because you're having my child"

He was about to take Taeyeon's hands when Taeyeon stepped back immediately.

"No! No matter what I won't go!"

"Then what about if I command you to?"

A voice appeared behind the thin boy. Taeyeon didn't need to see who it was. It was the voice of a man. A man who had been taking care and raising her from her childhood. Her own father.

"What if I tell you to go home? Right now? Are you still gonna refuse?"

Sunny loosened their intertwined fingers when she realized who the tall, old man was. Not daring to look at her own father, Taeyeon bowed her head, her eyes glued onto the floor.

"Taeyeon, go home. Are you going to refuse your father's command too?" The man asked once more.

"Appa" The word finally came out of Taeyeon's mouth. "Appa, please, I am not ready"

"If you said you're not ready, you will never be ready" Her father then took a quick motion to grab Taeyeon's arm and pull her. 

"Appa!" Taeyeon shouted, using all her power to release herself. "Appa! Please listen to me first! Appa!"

Sunny was starting to realize what was happening in front of her. Taeyeon was being taken away. Taeyeon was gonna be taken away from her life. She would probably never see her again. She would lose her.

She ran without doubts, overpacing the father's steps, and knelt down in front of him.

"Please don't take Taeyeon away. I promise I will let her go home, but please don't take her away now. I beg you, I need Taeyeon. Please"

But it was futile. The old man kept dragging her with his big arms toward the other side of the parking lot. 

"Appa! I beg you!" Taeyeon kept yelling as her tears ran down her cheeks. 

As if hearing nothing, her dad pulled her to the black, limousine car. He opened the door by himself and pushed his own daughter inside. Behind, Sunny was still chasing and shouting Taeyeon's names, but he had closed his heart and ears. 

Baekhyun entered the car's driving seat soon after. As he the engine, Sunny had been beside the car's windows by then, knocking as hard as she could. 

"Mister, I beg you! I promise I will let Taeyeon go, but not like this! Please!"

Knowing that her efforts turned to no result, Sunny could only turn to the other window where she could see Taeyeon inside, crying and looking back at her. 

"Sunny.." Taeyeon mumbled weakly. "Sunny"

The car had set off slowly. Taeyeon put her own head on the window as she could no longer see the face she wanted to see. 

"Sunny" She repeated again. "Sunny"

* * *

"Where are they taking Auntie Taeyeon? Are they taking Auntie Taeyeon to the hospital to take care of her? Or are they going to the zoo?"

Sunny could only listen to Hara's sentences after they got back home. She had lost her will to go to work. There was no way she could work under such depression. 

Or, Sunny thought, more than that, she would probably lose her will to work from now. How was she supposed to work... How was she supposed to live life from now on that the one whom she had put her life with was taken away? 

She leaned herself on the wall and slowly squatted down on the floor. She curled herself and buried her own head between her folded arms. 

She had always been a strong person, but not now. After a long time, she cried again. The last time she cried was when knowing her parents would move to another country. That was almost two years ago. She had never cried since then. 

"Auntie Sunny?" Little Hara called. 

Sunny didn't flinch.

"Is Auntie crying?"

Sunny had no mood to answer, but she nodded anyway.

"Why?" 

At that moment Sunny lifted her head, and she realized the little kid's eyes were turning red, too.

"Why is Auntie Sunny crying?" Hara started to sob. "I don't want to see Auntie Sunny crying. I don't want.. I don't want.. I.."

She bursted into loud cries right after that. Sunny quickly pulled her into her embrace. Hara was rather naughty as a four year old kid, but she had one similarity with Sunny. She cried if she saw anyone else cried. 

"Ssshh.. Auntie Sunny is okay. Everything's gonna be okay. Auntie Taeyeon's gonna be okay, too. Ssshh, don't cry, okay?"

"Then.. Auntie Sunny should not cry too. If Auntie Sunny misses Auntie Taeyeon, you can call her. You can visit her house. And then, after a while, Auntie Taeyeon will be back again. Auntie Taeyeon will live here again, eat together with me and read me stories before I sleep"

Those innocent, sincere sentences coming from a toddler's mouth sent Sunny into more tears. She hugged Hara again and her hairs gently.

"Yes, everything will be back to normal again. I am sure"

She kept Hara warm in her hug for a few minutes until both of them calmed their sobbings down. Nothing they could do but to hug each other for now, as the clock kept ticking. 

Still, there was a huge absence in the atmosphere, and that ripped through Sunny so badly.