Bend Back Together

Don't Go

Left in charge by the husband to take care of the family, Mrs. Kim opened her eyes the next morning with a smile on her face. She remembered her husband’s words last dawn before he departed for his 3-months business trip to Japan, and she never thought the stubborn man she had married to for 30 years could finally soften his heart. She took a quick look on the bedroom’s clock before checking her daughter who was still sleeping next to her.

The lady’s face brightened up even more; she Taeyeon’s hair and leaned in to kiss her cheek. The once little Taeyeon had grown up to a woman now, Mrs. Kim thought, but in her eyes she would forever look like a little angle. With that thought in mind, Mrs. Kim went out to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for them.

“Mom…” Taeyeon suddenly popped up in front of the kitchen’s gate, rubbing her half-closed eyes with her hands.

“Morning, Taeyeon-ah” Said the mom while still stirring the soup in the pan. “Do you feel any pain? Are you okay?”

Taeyeon used her two hands to help her lean on the wall before nodding. “Where’s appa?”

“Your appa left for a business trip earlier. It seems like it will be a long one” Mrs. Kim turned off the stove. “He wrote a letter for you, honey”

It made Taeyeon face her mom on eye level. “What letter?”

“You would like to read it yourself” The older woman took her hand. “Come, follow your mom”

They went back in to the master bedroom. Mrs. Kim made her daughter sit on the edge of the bed before approaching the closet and taking a white letter from inside. Even from a few meters away Taeyeon could spot the familiar handwriting of her father written in blue ink. She waited for her mother to hand over the letter. When it was finally in her hands, she opened it with a bit of trembling hands and pounding heart. It did not take a long time for water to pile up on her eyes and flow onto her cheeks.

“My dear little daughter.

These past few months, it seems like you really dislike appa for taking you away from someone you love and forcing you to get married with someone else. Whatever appa have done for you, please do know that appa only mean the best for you. However, it seems like you’re not happy with what appa have done. It turned out that what appa had prepared for you had hurt you instead.

There is nothing more important now than you and the little son who will be appa’s grandson soon. Taeyeon-ah, love the person you think can love you and take care of you the most right now. When appa come back, appa want to see you happy and if you’re not happy once more, appa will not hesitate to take you away from that person.”

“Your appa almost got no sleep thinking about the best decision for you” Mrs. Kim patted Taeyeon’s shoulder. “But I know in the end he will let anything that makes you happy to be yours. Hasn’t he always done that since you were small?”

Losing her words, Taeyeon could not open and only stared at her mother instead. Her front teeth were biting her lower lips before she opened her arms widely to hug her mom. Feeling her daughter’s tears wetting her pajama, Mrs. Kim could not help but to cry too.

“Mom, thank you. Thank you very much” The younger woman whispered.

“You should thank your appa instead”

“I know, I will call him later but…” Taeyeon pulled herself from the hug and looked into Mrs. Kim’s eyes once more. “If you’re not here… If you had not been here to soften appa’s heart and everything, I don’t know if this would have been possible”

“You’re welcome, dear” Mrs. Kim’s lips turned up upon her child’s statement. She then tidied up Taeyeon’s bangs. “I don’t want what had happened to me happens to you too”

“Happened to you?” Taeyeon’s expression turned rather confused. “What happened to you?”

The lady in her 50s sighed. It took her a while before she had the courage to explain. “I used to be in the same position as you, Taeyeon-ah”

“Same position… as me? I don’t understand, Mom. What do you mean?”

“I used to love my best friend… A girl”

It hit Taeyeon like it never did before. Hearing the confession, Taeyeon’s eyes widened. Her mind flashed back the moments where her mom had been so understanding with her situation. It had been unexplainable before, but now she finally knew why.

“T- Then…” She stuttered. “Why did you marry appa?”

“Because I believe by marrying him, an angel like you would be born”

“If… If you could turn back the time… would you rather marry her?”

“If I didn’t have you, I would like to think so” Mrs. Kim wiped the wetness on Taeyeon’s cheeks with her thumb. “But now that I have you, I didn’t regret anything”

“But you didn’t love appa”

“I didn’t, but your appa loved me. I chose to trust my life with him and now I love him. Even though in my heart I know I will never be able to forget her. But in your case, Baekhyun doesn’t love you. Sunny does”

“I still don’t understand…”

“Some things cannot be understood until you have passed through it” The mother stood up once more. “You must be hungry right now. Let me finish the breakfast, okay?”

Taeyeon let her mom go out of the room without any more questions.

* * *

Sunny washed herself quickly using the water from the shower like a flash. She had never recorded the time, but she was sure she had never taken a bath as quick as this before. She could still feel her fastening heart beat even during the shower and dressing up. The shorty woman took any t-shirt and pants she could find in her closet, but still made sure that they were good enough to be looked at.

She started combing her hair even though water was still dropping from it. She could not help it; she was curious as about why the woman who had given birth to Taeyeon had called her and invited her for a meal at Taeyeon’s house. And the most important thing was… that lady told her Taeyeon wanted to speak to her. She couldn’t help. She couldn’t wait. She wanted to fly there if she had the power.

She wished the taxi could go faster during her way there. Her stomach was churning and the inside of her hands were watering. What if… What if Taeyeon wanted to cut off their relationship forever? What if this would be the end of everything?

After she arrived in front of the big house’s gate, it then took her a while to be brave enough to ring the bell. Neither Taeyeon nor the mom came out; it was the ahjumma maid who opened the door for her. Having been told that the family was waiting for her in the dining room, Sunny entered slowly as nervous breaths were released through her nose.

“Sunny-ssi! Good afternoon” Sunny turned around at the owner of the voice.

“Mrs. Kim, good afternoon” She bowed. “How are you?”

“I am good, thanks for asking” She then smiled brightly. “I am still cooking the lunch. Taeyeon said she would be waiting in her room. You can talk to her first before we eat”

“O- Okay” The information did nothing but adding up to Sunny’s nervousness. Nevertheless, she calmed herself down to be able to walk once more.

“Just go through this aisle and the last room on the right is her room” Taeyeon’s mom explained, to which Sunny muttered thank you.

She slowly stepped to the direction the mistress of the house had told her, rubbing her cold hands frequently. She let out a heavy breath once she saw the door and then knocked gently but loudly.

“Taeyeon. It’s… me” She said with the right amount of volume, making sure Taeyeon could hear her.

Not getting any answer, Sunny decided to try again. “Taeyeon… May I go in?”

She still did not hear any response from inside. Encouraging herself mentally, Sunny inhaled deeply before opening the door by herself. She was revealed to the sight of Taeyeon standing in front of the window. It was very bright outside, but Sunny was able to see the silhouette of the woman she had been longing for.

She reduced the distance between them by stepping closer, only to realize a sob coming from Taeyeon. By the time she was a meter apart from her, Sunny could spot the flooding tears which made her heart drop.

“Taeyeon-ah” She wanted to run and hug her straight away, but held herself back. “I- I… If you don’t like it I can step outside”

She was about to turn around when she felt the other woman’s hand in hers. Her eyes moved back to the still-sobbing woman.

“Don’t you hate me?” Taeyeon stared deeply into her eyes. “Don’t you hate me after everything I do to you?”

Stunned, Sunny’s lips slightly parted. “Why would I hate you?”

“You don’t hate me for having said mean words to you, rejecting you, acting cold to you?”

Sunny decided to turn around, making them standing face-to-face now. The hand of Kim Taeyeon was still in hers; she rubbed it with the gentlest care ever. “From the first time I have never believed you would do that to me for real, or at least, I have forced myself to think so”

That was the words that finally made Taeyeon pull her into a hug; she could feel her arms lingering around her waist so tightly.

“I am sorry, Sunny” She said in the middle of her sobs. “I am sorry. I have never meant any of it. I still love you like I do. I miss you and want you. I have always thought about you”

When she heard that, Sunny felt like the anxiety that had piled up in her heart since she answered the call this morning, all the way to this house, had made its way out of her soul. The overwhelming feelings in her heart made her eyes redden. With her two arms she replied Taeyeon’s embrace; one hand was firm on Taeyeon’s waist and the other gently pushed Taeyeon’s head even more tightly to her chest.

“I miss you. I ing miss you Taeyeon” She closed her eyes. “God, am I dreaming right now?”

The woman with the longer hair took her own head from Sunny. Her arms moved up from Sunny’s waist to her neck, and landed on her cheeks. Joy was obvious on her face as she moved her thumb on those cheeks in small circles.

“No, you’re not dreaming”

It did not take long for Sunny to dive in and let their lips meet. Hungry for the kiss desperately, Taeyeon soon opened wider and let Sunny enter it with her tongue deeper. They were enjoying the tongue battle as Sunny unconsciously pushed the latter closer and closer to the bed. Taeyeon did not even bother to separate the glued lips as she laid herself on the bed. Using her palms to hold her weight on the bed, Sunny continued and enjoying Taeyeon’s cavity and bite her lower lips every once in a while.

Suddenly, though, Taeyeon drew back her taste bud as she exhaled quickening breaths. “Wait. Let me catch my breath”

It took a few seconds or so for the other hungry kisser to remember. “I am sorry! I forgot… Did I hurt you?”

“No, no. You didn’t” Taeyeon gave her a playful grin and it stole Sunny’s soul.

“Dear lord I miss this grin so much” Sunny confessed. “You sure you’re okay? You didn’t tell me when you left the hospital”

“I am okay. We are okay” The one lying on the bed giggled; her two arms sneaked into the back of Sunny’s neck. “Don’t worry. My little one understands that I miss you too much. He can understand”

With that, she pulled Sunny into another long, deep kiss. She knew when to pull Sunny back in like always and Sunny knew when to give her a break to catch her breaths. They ended up doing it for a good few minutes, but those minutes were enough to let them release their longings, to let them share what they had not said to each other for these past few months.

“I am really not dreaming” Sunny stated when they finally parted for the nth time. “Your lips and tongue feel so real it can’t be a dream”

“You indeed aren’t”

“Tell me” Sunny fixed her position so she was lying down beside her girlfriend. “What made you change your mind? And what about your father?”

“It’s a long story, and what matters now is that we can be together”

“…And your fiancée?”

Taeyeon sighed. “Please don’t even include his name”

“Well I thought you loved him”

“I never do. You’re the only one I love”

“Is this really okay? I mean… will you really be with me again?”

“Yes, Sunny. I will” Taeyeon glued her eyes to the roof of the room. “But I would like to request something”

“What is it?”

“I want to stay here – in my house with my family. At least until little one is born” Taeyeon gazed back at her lover again. “I would really like to stay with you, with just two of us in your house. But for now… I would really like to express my gratitude for my mom and dad for letting us together. I want to be with them. Besides, my mom can help me with everything so you don’t have to worry too much when you go to work”

Sunny went into solitude; her mind seemed to be in a deep thought. However, she soon faced Taeyeon again with a convinced look and smiled at her. “Alright, I understand”

“Thank you” Taeyeon touched her cheeks again. “Just to let you know, you are allowed to enter this house and my room whenever you want to”

“Can I still be the one to go with you for check-ups?”

 “Of course you can”

The sound of the door opening shocked them a little bit. Sunny jolted up into her standing position when she realized Mrs. Kim was the one standing by the door. Her cheeks blushed as she tidied up her t-shirt. After all, she had never shown her affection toward Taeyeon in front of the parents, so it was awkward and strange for her.

“I am sorry, Mrs. Kim”

The stiffness of her daughter’s girlfriend made Mrs. Kim burst into laughter. “Don’t worry, Sunny-ssi. Maybe I should be the one saying sorry for interrupting you two”

Taeyeon then stood up beside Sunny and intertwined their fingers together.

“Just want to tell you that lunch is ready. So just come over to the dining room once you two finish your business”

Mrs. Kim soon closed the door again, leaving the couple who had reunited share a look to each other and blush like it was their first meeting.


Just to let you guys know that this is not the last chapter!

Still have a few more to go~ Thank you for reading!