Protect Me Please

You're Forever In My Eyes

 

"Hey, thanks to you, the teacher scolded me like crazy!" Jio typed these words to SleepyHead18. He zipped his coffee resting in the coffee table beside the sturdy study desk. He was so tired from cleaning off his very messy room but still managed to find some time to talk with his online friend.

 

"Really!? Geez, I'm sorry, Chingu- ah!" his online friend said, putting a cute character in the chat.

 

Jio smiled and typed, "Aniyo Chingu! It's okay. This day is very tiring :< I wish I could just dissapear..."

 

"Why? What happened?" his chingu asked.

 

"I met a very hateful person. She was sick so I asked her to go to the clinic but she got angry at me and pushed me away :( Stupid girl.. I was just being nice" Jio typed, reminiscing the wasted time he spent with Krystal.

 

"Really? That :(( I somehow remember my sister. I miss her :( " the other person shared. "What!? SleepyHead18 has a sister!?", Jio thought.

 

"You have a sister?" Jio typed.

 

SleepyHead18 took a while to type.

 

"Yeah….. My sister tends to push away the people because many people had betrayed her and now, she's scared of trusting too much" he said

 

"What happened to her?" Jio wondered.

 

"I don’t really know. My parents sent her to study overseas and I am very busy so we couldn’t communicate. She's out of Korea and international calls are expensive and I haven't seen her online" the worried SleepyHead18 said.

 

"That's sad…. His sister must have been through a lot.."Jio thought. He looked at the window beside him. He gazed at the stars and somehow felt a little pain in his head. He looked at the wall clock as he yawned, realizing that they have been talking a lot.

 

"Hey, I'm sleepy. Talk to you sometime" Jio typed. He immediately closed his computer, not looking what SleepyHead18 was about to say. He threw himself in the bed and peacefully slept.

 

 

THE NEXT DAY..

 

"Annyeong! I'm Victoria! I'm graduating next year!" a very beautiful lady said. Jio is in an awe to see such a beautiful person early in the morning. They are in the park, sitting in a piece of cloth, as if they're having a picnic. Earlier this morning, Amber came to his room and bugged him to meet her members before classes start. As always, he gave in because Amber will definitely bug him for the whole day if he didn’t say yes. Now, he's very thankful of Amber.

 

"She's our omma! She cooks for us and all of her foods are daebak!" Amber excitedly said, being so proud of her friend.

 

"Hyung~" someone called Amber with a very sweet voice. Jio turned around, only to find out that it was Sulli with her cold friend following her. Jio can't believe that it was Sulli who called Amber in such a very caring tone. He never thought that there was something like that in Sulli.

 

Sulli's eyes suddenly widened the moment she saw Jio sitting beside her dear hyung. No, she wasn’t aware that he's with her.

 

She cleared and said, "I mean, ya! Why did you invite me here!? Do you need something?", trying so hard to make it sound rough.

 

Aissh! This immature kid is very obvious!

 

"Hey, eat with us!" Amber sweetly said to them, pointing a plate of omelette with rice lying in their picnic. Sulli smirked and said, "I already ate. Plus, I won't eat that kind of food!" Sulli said.

 

Jio looked at Krystal's eyes, still couldn’t move on from yesterday. Their eyes met for a second but Jio suddenly looked at the floor. He can feel that Krystal is smirking.

 

"Aissh! We're bored! We'll just play with someone. See you later, Llama!" the "innocent" looking girl said as she grabbed Krystal's hand and turned around.

 

"Be careful and don’t bother Onew hyung!" Amber shouted as she waved at the girls.

 

"Onew hyung is boring! We'll play with someone interesting. We'll play with you sometime, Jio-ah~" Sulli shouted, slowly disappearing from their sight. Jio gulped.

 

"See? Those two are just fine! They won't break their friendship just because Krystal had no choice but to clean Sulli's underwear on that day" Victoria said to Amber.

 

"Well, you know that Krystal is a clean freak" Amber said to her.

 

Wait-- Krystal got mad of Sulli because Sulli doesn’t wash her underwear? Is it possible that….?

 

Jio suddenly snapped. He remembered the hole in his floor and the girls living under his room. Someone washing another's underwear…..those girls are no other than….. Sulli and Krystal! So that is why their voices sound familiar! Jio suddenly laughed because of this obnoxious encounter.

 

"Why are you laughing so hard dum-dum?" Amber asked, calling his childhood friend "dum-dum" again, a short term for "dumb"

 

"N-nothing! Hahahaha, I'm sorry. I think I should go wash up!" Jio said, holding his laughter. He stood up and run to the restroom without looking back.

 

 

"Hahahahahaha!" Jio laughed, bursting his laughter in the restroom, which is a good thing since no one is using that restroom. He felt that something snapped off in his neck as something dropped on the floor and made a strange sound. He looked at the floor, only to realize that his precious pendant fell from his neck because of his unstoppable laughter.

 

He stopped laughing as he picked his precious pendant and studied its features. Somehow, he remember something from the past, which turned his smiling face into a frown. He washed his pendant and gave it a kiss.

 

 

"Someday, I will find you. Someday, I will see you smile again. Just wait for me because I wont hold back. I promise"

 

He let out a faint smile and carefully put that pendant hanging in his neck again.

 

"Hey…" someone behind him said.

 

Jio let out a squishy voice out of his surprise. He immediately turned around.

 

Pale skin….

 

Thin build…..

 

Charming looks…..

 

It was Onew with his worried face.

 

"H-hey! You're Onew, right?" Jio asked, his heart still beating fast because of the surprise.

 

"Y-yeah.. hey…" Onew said as he gave the young man a faint smile but something seems off.

 

"Yes? Do you need something?" Jio asked, trying to be kind.

 

"I- I just wanted to thank you for the other day. Here, take this" Onew said while giving Jio a watch. Jio was confused.

 

"Can you please protect me? I'm begging you!" the thin man said as he gave Jio a 90-degree bow, still insisting that he should take the watch.

 

Jio held Onew's shoulders and said, "Hey, don’t give me that!".

 

"Why? Is this not enough? I can give you my laptop if you want" Onew said, half stuttering.

 

"No! No! You don’t need to give me that! Sure, I'll protect you but I don’t really know where I should protect you from" Jio said.

 

"Where else? Of course, from Sulli and Krystal! Those girls!" Onew said, as if Jio asked a very stupid question.

 

Jio scoffed and said, "You're scared of those girls!? Geez!"

 

Onew smiled and happily said, "So, you'll protect me!?"

 

Jio shrugged and said, "Yeah sure. Whatever. But why are they bullying you anyway?"

 

Onew scratched his head.

 

"About that……" he said but he was cut off by the bell that rang loudly near them.

 

Jio checked his watch, finding out that he spent too much time in the restroom.

 

"I'll be heading off. See you later!" Onew said as he quickly ran to go to his classroom. "Aissh! Stupid bell!" Jio thought.

 

 

 

Jio went inside the classroom. He didn’t expect seeing the cold girl first , who was looking at the window at ease, savouring her seatmate's absence. He just stood in front of the door because his mind is running out of ideas on how to face her. He helplessly gulped as he looked at her beautiful features. The sunlight highlights her beautiful pointy nose. Her wondering eyes seems so beautiful as she playfully bit her lips a little. Her hair lying behind her ears looks irresistibly beautiful in so many ways. Her mole that gives her an unexplainable charm. And above all, her fair soft skin, that matches her face very well. Jio let out a short sigh because of the girl. "Beautiful….. but ugly" he thought, as he helplessly gazed at the cold girl.

 

He slowly walked to his chair, avoiding his seatmate's eyes, with memories of her flashing into his mind. He blocked the window, causing the cold girl to look at the other side. No one spoke with each other… until the "innocent" girl came in breathing heavily and sweating.

 

"Ya! How can you do this to me!?" she said, half shouting. The crowd became silent and looked at her, but Sulli didn’t care.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes, as if Sulli asked a very stupid question.

 

"Yah! How can you leave me!? Do you know how much I walked just to find you!?" Sulli asked.

 

"Babo! Don’t you think that I might be sitting around here? Where else do I go besides this?" Krystal asked, flipping her eyebrows.

 

Sulli shrugged and said, "But you barely even go to class… unless you have a reason to be in here which I doubt there is"

 

Krystal rolled her eyes again and said, "Can't I just be here because I wanted to?"

 

The two became awkwardly silent. Krystal gazed in the windows, lost in her wonderland, not giving any care at all while Sulli's eyes kept on wondering. At some point, the "innocent" girl's eyes are stuck in Jio's neck that reveals a very dashing yet mysterious pendant.

 

"That pendant is weird, it matches you well. Now, you look like a total weirdo!" Sulli said while smilling.

 

Jio rolled his eyes like Krystal did and said, "Please girl… don’t be jealous! You'll have your pendant too"

 

Sulli faked laugh. The door swing, revealing the professor named Mr. Choiza. Their day was filled with the teachers' boring lectures. Krystal, once again, cut her classes but Jio didn't care this time. Without knowing, the cold girl left her cute blue bag.