Krystal

Your sister

Yuri sighed for who knows how many times this day. She kept on shifting from the sofa that she is seating at. Continuously playing with her fingers. What made it worse is the fact that Jessica left her. ALONE. In the living room.

 

Great. Just great. Yuri rolls her eyes and sighed again. “How dare she leave me her in the living room without any company!?” She whispered to herself, totally complaining.

 

 She waited for a few more minutes. She let her body sulk on the sofa after another minutes. “What’s taking her so long to change!?” She groaned in frustration and messed her own hair.

 

“Yuri.” She heard a high-pitched voice call her. She already knew it is Jessica.

 

She straightened the way she sat and looked back at Jessica. But unknown to her Krystal is also with Jessica as they made way down the stairs. She hastily prevented herself from speaking. Out of a sudden she felt her face heat up at the way they are dressed, or more like how Jessica dressed.

 

The shorter girl wore micro shorts and a simple fitted white tank top which exposed her curves and milky white skin. Unlike Krystal who also wore shorts but longer than her sister’s and a t-shirt.

 

“Stop drooling ByunYul.” Jessica said.

 

“Am not.” Yuri unconsciously wipes . “And ByunYul? Seriously? What happened to GeekYul.”

 

“Gone, after drooling over us.”

 

“Yah! I’m not a byun.” Yuri pouts and placed her chin on the back support of the sofa.

 

“Anyway, she’s Krystal my younger sister.” Jessica said to Yuri then turned to her sister. “Krys this is Yuri, my friend.”

 

“Nice to meet you, unnie.” Krystal smiles.

 

Yuri stood up and bowed to Krystal. “Nice to meet you too.”

 

Jessica suddenly rushed upstairs but then Krystal grabbed her wrist. “Unnie, where are you going?”

 

“Oh, I forgot my phone at my bed room.” She reasoned.

 

"Can you get it later instead?"

“That’s definitely a no, no. I’m texting Tiff, and you know how she doesn’t like waiting. Remember when we arrived late at the mall when we are suppose to shop?”

 

Krystal’s grip loosened and her face turned pale. She covered her ears and then mumbled, “That non-stop things that she said, oh dear.” She pushed her sister upstairs who nearly stumbled at one of the steps. “go, go! GO! PALLI!!”

 

With that, Jessica quickly ran off to her room and winked at Yuri without being seen by Krystal.

 

An awkward atmosphere surrounded Yuri and Krystal after Jessica had left. Both girls didn’t know how start their conversation. Krystal hesitantly sat at the short sofa beside the one which Yuri is sitting at.

 

Why the hell did she winked at me?! Yuri thought to herself. But then again, she found herself glancing constantly at the younger girl. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I’m here for Krystal and not Jessica. She rubbed her temples at the thought of Jessica’s well-planned situation.

 

A minute of two passed by and Yuri just couldn’t take it anymore. So she decided to be the one to start the conversation. “Uhm, Hi.”

 

“H-hi” Krystal shyly answered. It was more like she’s not used on greeting new people.

 

“S-so, how do you find our school like?”

 

“Good, I guess? I just don’t like the way they act as if the know my sister so well.” She sadly admitted.

 

“Oh.”

 

“If they only knew what Unnie is like, she might be as popular as me or even popular.”

 

“...”

 

“But Jessica-unnie probably doesn’t want too much attention.”

 

“Well, I agree with that. Jessica starts to glare at me whenever I become really talkative.” Yuri sighed.

 

“Oh? She does?” Krystal laughs. “It is so her.”

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” When the hell does she plan on going out of her room?

 

“Unnie.” Krystal calls out.

 

“N-ne?”

 

“Are you the one who is helping Jessica-unnie to study math?”

 

“Yeah. Is she making improvements?”

 

“Yes she does!” She enthusiastically said, almost jumping from her seat. “Thank you so much for helping her Yuri-unnie.” She smiles and held the older girl’s hand.

 

Yuri felt slightly uncomfortable by the latter’s touch but she didn’t want to appear rude in front of Jessica’s sister that’s why she let her be. “You know Unnie, you are her first friend in school.” Krystal honestly stated.

 

“R-really?” Yuri asked curiously.

 

“Yes, and if you don’t mind. Please be her friend for a long time.”

 

“Heeyy~!” Jessica suddenly exclaims, standing on the top most part of the staircase, with on hand raised on the air. Yuri and Krystal pulled away from each other due to shock and looked at Jessica. “Did I miss something?” She questioned, innocently.

 

“No, nothing missed Unnie.” Krystal answered, standing up from the sofa and walking towards her. “What took you so long?”

 

“Tiff called. And you know what happened next.” She shrugged.

 

“Uhm, I guess I need to get going now.” Yuri stood up from her seat then bowed and waved.  “Bye Krystal. Bye.. GorJess” She winked and then ran off to the door and left.

 

“YAH!”

 

Krystal snickered on how her Unnie was named. “GorJess. Hahaha!! Your friend is really interesting!”

 

 

 

_______________________

 

 

 

That Friday, Jessica hurriedly ran on the hallway with a paper on her hand. Yuri who is waiting on her locker smiled at the girl to be only greeted by a tight hug and a squeal.

 

“Whoa!” Yuri instantly wrapped her arms on the latter’s waist as Jessica is hugging her by the neck. “Why so jumpy?”

 

“I passed the quiz!” Jessica broke the hug and showed the paper to Yuri. “See? I got an A!”

 

“Congratulations! So? Any plan to celebrate?”

 

“Yep! Meet me at the mall tomorrow at 10am. I’ll return you the favour.”

 

“No need Jessica.” She raised her hands in front of her.

 

“No I insist!” She said as she held Yuri’s hand and stopped the girl. “We would help each other right?”

 

This definitely felt different than feeling Krystal’s hand. “O-okay.”