Honest GeekYul

Your sister

 

Yuri happily walks through the hallways going straight to the lockers. She smiles as she sees Jessica taking some books and notebooks from her locker.

 

“Hi!” Yuri greets.

 

“Oh, hello geek.” Jessica replied without looking at Yuri, knowing that the geek named Kwon Yuri is the only one who has the guts to greet her like that and Kwon Yuri is the only one she knows who has a husky voice other than her best friend from California, namely Tiffany.

 

“I have a name you know.” Yuri pouted, leaning her head on the locker beside her.

 

“I , too, have a name like you.” Jessica mocked and left the tanned girl.

 

Yuri sighed, shaking her head then followed Jessica. Yuri talks to her while walking side by side. “Okay, fine. Hi, Jessica!”

 

“Hello Yuri.” Apparently Jessica didn’t find the geek to be annoying but rather the geek girl seems to be funny. Or that’s what she thinks of geeks.

 

“Say, how would you help me with your sister?” Yuri asked but not too loud.

 

“Molla.”

 

“Eh!? Oh come on!”

 

“Tsk. Okay, what would you like to suggest?” Jessica stops from walking and face Yuri.

 

“Uhm, can you ask your sister what kind of person is her type?” Yuri requested.

 

“Okay.” Jessica nods. “But it will depend on how I would approach her though. I mean, knowing her type.”

 

“It’s fine. As long as you could ask her within this week.” Yuri smiles.

 

Jessica looks straight at Yuri. You’ve got one sincere admirer here, Soojung. She sighs. “Sure. I’ll be going now. See ya’ tomorrow geekyul.” She waved and turned her back on Yuri and started walking.

 

Unconsciously, she smiles as she remembers how she called Yuri. “Geekyul.” She chuckles.

 

While on Yuri’s side, the tanned girl remained on her position absorbing what Jessica said, as she fully absorbs the information on her mind she mentally cheered. Yes! She’s gonna ask Krystal’s type! She froze when a greater realization dawned upon her. Did she just called me geekyul?

 

Aigoo~ She scratches the back of her head.

 

 

 

________________________

 

 

 

The next day a lunch, Jessica’s teacher told them that they’ll be conducting a quiz and she needs to pass their math quiz that will happen three days after, but she doesn’t have any idea how she would pass the quiz. It’s not that she always fails at math, it’s just that whenever she uses formulas, she always end up using the wrong formula. Math is really complex for her, just like herself.

 

She sighed and frustratingly messed her hair. She walks silently on the hallway, turning to the side and entered the cafeteria. She drops her bag on an empty table at the near corner and slumped on the seat.

 

“Hullo!”

 

“Geez. What now geekyul? I’m not in the mood for jokes.” She replied not looking at the girl.

 

“Huh? I just want to sit with you, is that wrong?” Yuri gave a confused look.

 

Jessica raised her head and looked blankly at Yuri. “Uhh? Something wrong with my face?” Yuri asks as she placed her tray on the table and carefully moved Jessica’s bag aside.

 

“It’s your face that is wrong.” She bluntly replied.

 

“Yah! Just because you’re a goddess doesn’t mean you could degrade anyone like that.” Yuri whined and stomped her foot, then sat on her seat.

 

“Me? A goddess? Oh please, stop lying.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m not.” Yuri took a spoonful of rice and shoved it in and chewed. “I’m just being honest.” She said between her constant chewing.

 

“You’re lying.” Jessica insisted and leaned on her seat.

 

“Of course not!” Yuri dropped her spoon and fork then cupped Jessica’s face. “You’re beautiful. Maybe even more beautiful than Krystal actually. You just don’t smile that’s why people tend to misunderstand you.” She carefully explained, pinching the latter’s cheeks. “And cute too!” She smiled.

 

“Stop that!” Jessica slaps Yuri’s wrists. Yuri lets go of her face and Jessica to the chance to rub her sore face. “Aish, you stupid geek.” She glares but then again it just made her cuter since she’s unknowingly smiling a little.

 

“See! You’re even more beautiful when you smile!” Yuri grinned.

 

“Yah!” Jessica playfully punched Yuri’s shoulder and smiles. A full smile. “You know, if Krys heard you, she might think you like me and not her.”

 

“It’s not a bad thing right?” Yuri continues to smile. “Besides, falling for a girl like you is easy.”

 

“You’re lying again.” Jessica placed her elbows on the table and supported her chin with her hands, smirking.

 

“Nope. If you could see what I could see about you, you would know why.”

 

“You talk like I’m your crush, pabo.”

 

“Why not?” Yuri joked.

 

“If I’m your crush, you would have a hard time persuading me.”

 

“Well atleast I could make you smile.” Yuri giggles.

 

“You’re the first one to do that.” Jessica honestly stated.

 

“Really? Woah, a geek made you smile for the first time in the school . Wow! I’m special!” Yuri dreamily exclaims.

 

“More like a special child.” Jessica laughs, causing her eyes to form crescents.

 

“Waeyo?” Yuri pouted. But then she felt extremely happy for being the first person in school in which Jessica showed her smile and her laugh.

 

Jessica and Yuri continued joking with each other until the end of lunch and parted ways. At dismissal Jessica approached Yuri.

 

“Hey, geekyul.” Jessica greets.

 

“Sup, goddess.” Yuri smirks.

 

 “Yah.” Jessica glares at Yuri for a few seconds then rolled her eyes. She sighed. “I need help.”

 

“Where?”

 

“Math. For our quiz.”

 

“Topic?”

 

“Functions and logarithms.” Jessica sulked.

 

“Easy.” Yuri smiles confidently at Jessica. “So yours or mine?”

 

“You should say yours...” Then Jessica pointed at Yuri. “Or the library.”

 

“Hey, What’s wrong having me around your house?” Yuri pouted and furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“My sister might distract you.”

 

“Wae? Aren’t we going to study in your room.”

 

Jessica meronged at Yuri. “I don’t let anyone in my room so easy.”

 

“Fine. Tomorrow during break at the library and after class in your house.” Yuri sighs.

 

“Thanks geek.” She smiles once more at Yuri causing the tanned girl’s blood to rush again. “Oh, you’re turning red.” She touches Yuri’s face causing the tanned girl to jolt.

 

“I- uhh, I’m okay. I’m okay.” Yuri awkwardly removes Jessica’s hand. Soft. “I better get going. I need to cook for dinner tonight. Bye!” She quickly said and ran away from Jessica.

 

“She’s really a weird kid.” Jessica chuckles and thought. Or maybe geeks are naturally weird? Or it’s only Yuri who is weird? She asked herself mentally. “Oh, well. Gotta go home.” Jessica shrugs her shoulders and started walking back to her house.