Fifth Stop

Choo-Choo Talk

Suga stared at the girl before him in shock. What was wrong with her? Was she voluntarily involving herself with him? Did she have a death wish? He was too surprised to say anything so she took his silence as indifference and sat, leaving a good couple feet between them.

He noticed that the people around them were staring enviously and some had even shuffled discreetly closer. He bared his teeth and glared at her.

“Hey!” he barked and she jerked from the seat in shock.

“I-I’m sorry!” she squeaked.

“Haven’t you learned your lesson?” he sneered meanly. “Jungkook won’t be around to help you next time.”

“There won’t b-be a next time,” she muttered, not looking at him. “And I-I wouldn’t rely on Jungkook anyway.”

He snorted. “What? There is no such thing as a knight in shining armor. Jungkook is as close as you’ll ever get.”

“I know. I just meant that I’d rather rely on myself,” she said quietly, still not looking directly at him.

You would get yourself killed,” Suga asserted confidently, smirking. “You’re more helpless than a baby.”

“I am not!” she denied heatedly, or as heatedly as she could get while talking to Suga. “Even a baby would know not to talk to you.”

Suga’s eyes darkened. “So why are you?”

Her eyes flew to his. She hadn’t meant to say that last part aloud. “IIwell, I justII’m curious?” Her voice ended on a question, unsure what to say so that he wouldn’t get angry with her. But it was true anyway. It just wasn’t the whole truth.

His eyes flashed and he leaned in close with a twisted snarl marring his face. She swallowed, trembling, but refused to lean or look away from him.

“Do you know what guys like me do to girls like you?” he taunted, his nose almost touching the side of her jaw.

“N-n-n-no,” she whispered, scared out of her mind. Her fists were clenched white by her sides. She couldn’t even process the worry and fear of the other passengers.

“Hm. Well, if you know what’s good for you,” he murmured, deceptively sweet, “then you won’t let me see that stupid face of yours. Ever. Again.”

And then he was gone, off the bus even though it was several stops before his.

She gasped for breath, hands shakily clutching at her shirt as she calmed herself. She turned and looked out the window but he had already disappeared.

What the hell was she doing? What the hell was she doing, playing with fire? She would heed his warning. She wasn’t that curious.

Strangers’ hands came over her; strangers’ voices asked if she was alright, if someone should call the police.

She shook her head. “No, Ithis is my stop. Thank you, I’m fine. I justthank you. I have to go.”

She stood slowly, legs still quivering, and blindly made her way to the doors, absentmindedly thanking no one as she stepped through and collapsed onto a bench.

Suga was right. She needed to stay away from him.


“Hey, hey, hey! Any new Suga stories for me?” Yumi pounced as soon as she saw Sujin.

Sujin froze before slowly shaking her head and laughing weakly. “Sorry Yumi. I don’t think there will be anymore. Hetold me off. Basically.”

“What!?” Yumi practically yelled. “Told you off for what? Who the hell does he think he is? I should go give that bastard a piece of my mind!”

Sujin laughed. “Yeah right, like you have the guts. Anyway, he was right. I shouldn’t hang around him. Or Jungkook, I guess.”

“Well, I get Suga but Jungkook seems really sweet. Aren’t you two actually friends?”

“Mm. Well, whatever. We’re in two different worlds.” Sujin shrugged and got her notes out of her locker.

“No, we all live on Earth. Did you hit your head?”

She rolled her eyes. “Shut up. I’ll see you at lunch.”

“Later!” Yumi waved and took off.

Sujin closed her locker and sighed, then walked down the hall to class. It had been a week but she still hadn’t been sleeping well because Suga had invaded her mind. She couldn’t forget the way he leaned into her or the touch of his nose on her skin or his smoky scent. She was scared of him, true, but still so endlessly intrigued.

He plagued her.

And she hated it.

When lunch rolled around, she walked directly to the table she shared with Yumi and their friends, but was shocked to find it empty except for Yumi and Jungkook.

“Jungkook? What are you doing here?” Sujin asked with wide eyes.

He looked up and smiled at her. “Noona! I wanted to eat lunch with you. Is that okay?”

She nodded. “Sure, but…” Her eyes slid around the room.

“Don’t worry.” He pulled her down next to him and dug into his food. “Suga-hyung never comes here.”

“Oh. Butis it alright for you to hang around me? I mean…” She trailed off.

Jungkook gave her a look. “Suga-hyung can’t decide who I’m friends with. Anyway, I think he kinda likes you.”

She almost spewed out her water but managed to swallow in time. Unfortunately, the liquid went down the wrong pipe and she choked, coughing and sputtering.

“Oh my god, Sujin, are you okay?” Yumi slapped Sujin’s back, trying not to laugh.

Sending her best friend a dark glare, Sujin regained her composure and gave Jungkook the most incredulous look she could conjure. “Sorry, I must have heard you wrong. Did you just say Suga ‘kinda likes me’?”

Jungkook frowned. “Yeah. Why?”

She didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. “YouI don’tdo youare you kidding me!? He practically threatened me last week! And yougod. Okay, no. Just no.”

“He what?” Jungkook and Yumi shouted together, exchanging furious looks.

“That doesn’t sound like Suga-hyung,” Jungook muttered to himself, shoving the rest of his sandwich into his mouth.

“Sujin, forget that creep. You’re right, two different worlds and all that.” Yumi nodded seriously.

Sujin raised her eyebrows and gestured discreetly towards Jungkook, who was still contemplating something.

Yumi rolled her eyes impatiently. “Well, except for him then, I don’t know! Just stay away from Suga? I’m worried now.”

“And you were so excited for more stories this morning,” Sujin teased, yelping when Yumi poked her in the side.

“Jungkook, what are you thinking so hard about?” Yumi asked.

He looked up with furrowed brows. “Just…Suga-hyung doesn’t pay attention to anyone else. He doesn’t talk to them, doesn’t threaten them…unless someone is directly targeting BTS, he doesn’t give anyone the time of day.”

“Well, he didn’t give me the time of day. Or directions!” Sujin mumbled, still sore about that.

Jungkook sighed. “Look, he doesn’t talk to people even when they talk to him. But he talked to you. He even threatened you! He’she’s warning you to stay away. For your own good. That’sunexpected. You must have really gotten under his skin.”

“I didn’t even do anything!” Sujin protested. “And you’re definitely reading too much into it! He was obviously just

“Wow, this is amazing! Suga-hyung’s interested in a girl!” Jungkook grinned widely.

aaaaaand just ignore me, right, okay.”

Yumi leaned across the table. “How is this a good thing? He’s dangerous! I don’t want him anywhere near Sujin.”

Jungkook pouted. “But I think she’s good for him! If he’s interested in her, then that means he’s changing. And maybe healing. And maybe…one day…” His smile grew.

“One day what?” Yumi demanded.

“Maybe one day we’ll all be okay again,” Jungkook replied vaguely.

“Jungkook, why are you still in BTS?” Sujin suddenly asked.

Jungkook froze. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, you don’t seem like a gangster. If you weren’t, you’d probably be really popular. You could play sports! You seem smart too, so you’d probably do really well in school. You might even have a girlfriend. So why don’t you leave? What’s tying you down?”

“You don’t understand,” he said quietly. “We’re not just a gang. I mean, we didn’t even start out that way. We’re brothers; we’re each other’s only family. I don’t blame V-hyung and Hope-hyung for leaving but…I can’t. Not yet. Not until I know the others will be okay on their own.”

“Jungkook…”

He stood abruptly. “I’m gonna go find Suga-hyung. I’ll…see you later.” He smiled briefly, sadly, and left.

You shouldn’t feel responsible for everyone else’s well-being, Sujin thought as she watched him leave.


“Hyung!”

“Shut up, Jungkook, I’m sleeping,” Suga drawled without opening his eyes. He was relaxing under the shade of a tree.

“Hyung, did you threaten Sujin-noona?”

Suga popped one eye open and squinted at Jungkook, who was standing over him with a pained look. “Dunno who you’re talking about.”

“Yes, you do, Hyung. We both know there’s only one girl who has bothered to talk to you.”

Suga suddenly jumped to his feet and sneered into the younger boy’s face. “Fine, so I did. That’s none of your business, is it?”

“It is because she’s my friend

“Oh god.”

and you’re my brother. I know you did it to protect her.”

“Please!” Suga snorted. “I’m not nearly as nice as you seem to think, Kookie. She got on my nerves so I told her to off. That’s it. You stay away from her too. Her stupidity might be contagious.”

“Hyung. You like her, don’t you?”

In the blink of an eye, he had Jungkook pinned against the tree trunk, growling in his face. “You might be my brother, but don’t think I won’t break you if you ever say something like that again. If I see that again, she’s dead.” Shoving himself away, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and stalked off, muttering under his breath about delusions.

“You can’t fool me, Hyung,” Jungkook called after him. “I know you better than you think.”


A/N: I...don't really know what I'm doing.

Hey, y'all, I'm back! Sorry for being MIA for so long but it's summer vacation now and I'm determined to finish my fics here, one at a time, ASAP.

OMG BTS IS KILLING ME THOUGH LIKE THEY ALL LOOKED SOOOO GOOD FOR SICK/DOPE/WHATEVER AND I CAN'T BELIEVE PROMOTIONS ARE ALREADY OVER BUT GOD I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THEM WHAT DO I DO WITH MYSELF JFC

Ahem.

Once again, I gave her a name because it's easier to write scenes with her and Yumi if she has one. Also, it really is difficult writing a long story with more than two characters where the MC is nameless. So yeah. Sorry it's so sudden; hope it doesn't bother you too much.

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208