Eighteenth Stop

Choo-Choo Talk

“Lee Sujin.”

She spun around and flinched into her locker when she saw Rap Monster, Jin, and Jimin crowding her, Jungkook lingering behind with an apologetic frown.

“Um,” she peeped. “H-hello.”

Jin stared wordlessly, Jimin leered, and Rap Monster sighed. Pulling off his sunglasses, Rap Monster drilled his cold eyes into hers. “We need to talk to you.”

Her mind raced. They all came this time. I don’t know if that’s better or worse.

“Um, r-right. Okay.” She nodded nervously, shouldering her backpack and jumping away when Jin leaned in and slammed her locker shut.

“Follow us,” Rap Monster ordered and he began to walk down the hall.

She followed after him, flanked by Jin and Jimin, with Jungkook bringing up the rear, and she wished heartily that Jungkook were next to her. And where was Suga? She wouldn’t have been nearly as uncomfortable if he were there.

Maybe that was the point.

They herded her across campus to one of the old school buildings that was waiting to be torn down. She trailed them into a heavily vandalized classroom and whimpered when they slammed the door shut and blocked any means of escape.

They cornered her and studied her appearance, looking rather unimpressed. She shrank away from their eyes, feeling inexplicably . Jimin grinned.

“U-u-um, what a-are—”

“We’ll cut to the chase,” Rap Monster said. “You’ve been hanging around Suga. Now I don’t understand why you’re interested in him and I don’t trust you at all but you’ve helped him. I dunno if he’s ing you or what”—her face flared and she felt light-headed as she shook her head emphatically—“but you helped him. Thanks for that.”

“I-I didn’t—I d-didn’t do it f-for y-y-you.” Her voice was barely a whisper. “So don’t th-th-thank—thank me.”

Rap Monster narrowed his eyes at her. “Hm.”

Jin looked on with a bored face while Jimin circled her slowly, like a predator waiting for the right moment to attack and she shivered in fear. Her eyes darted desperately to Jungkook, who stared back with an anxious but helpless expression.

“What does he see in her?” Jimin asked curiously. “There’s nothing special about her. Suga-hyung’s standards have dropped.”

Sujin gasped and Jungkook looked away with a harsh grimace.

“It’s—we’re not—we’re not l-like that,” she denied with a weak voice. “We’re just—friends.”

Jimin laughed derisively. “Friends? Do we look like the type of people to be friends with someone like you?”

“Well,” she gulped, “n-not you. E-even I w-wouldn’t be friends with y-you.” As soon as the words were out of , she wanted to melt into the ground. She couldn’t believe she had just said that. She was digging herself deeper and deeper into a hole, she could feel it.

His face darkened considerably and he sneered at her. “Well, well, well. The little girl actually has a backbone.”

“Jimin, enough. Look, Lee Sujin, we’re not trying to scare you. We just want you to know that if something happens to Suga and it’s your fault, we’ll destroy you. That’s all.” Rap Monster’s voice was mild and his face sincere.

She was horrified.

“Y-y-you—you mean—”

“Like I said before, we don’t trust you, but we’ll give you a chance ‘cause Suga likes you. Just don’t give us a reason to hurt you and we’re good.” He shrugged.

She blinked furiously, feeling tears building up in her eyes. She looked to Jungkook and saw that he was useless—he kept throwing glances at the door, as if expecting someone to burst in.

“Are we clear or not?” Jin finally sighed, eager to leave. “We have more important things to do than talk to you.”

“Er—I-I—well—”

The door flew open and slammed into the wall, and Suga stormed inside, his eyes quickly scanning the room. They landed and locked on her and she nearly sobbed with relief. Jungkook relaxed as well, smiling grimly as he watched Suga push past the other guys and grab Sujin.

“Suga, don’t interrupt.” Rap Monster slid his sunglasses back onto his face.

“She’s not a threat!” Suga growled. “Let’s go.” He yanked her by the hand and she stumbled after him.

“W-wait—wait, Suga! I-I have to—” She struggled against him, trying to slow him down.

He stopped and clenched his jaw but didn’t drop her hand. “Hurry up.”

“Wow, he really likes her.” Jimin whistled.

Sujin turned back to the three boys watching her and Suga with cautious curiosity. “I-I won’t hurt Suga. He’s my friend. You should r-rethink your definition of ‘friend’ because I think y-you guys are the ones hurting him.” She bowed a little and then scurried out, flustered.

Suga tugged her through the courtyard, his mind replaying her last words. He wasn’t sure how to feel about them—they were clearly a slight to his brothers, so maybe he should feel insulted on their behalf, but he found that he didn’t. He found that he kinda-sorta-maybe wanted to hug her for standing up to them and defending him in her own way.

So he did.

She sagged against him, feeling drained. “Th-thank you for coming,” she spoke into his neck. “How did you know?”

“Jungkook. I told him to let me know when the guys were gonna talk to you. Good job not fainting,” he chuckled and she laughed breathlessly.

“It was close,” she admitted. “They’re so intimidating. And that one, um, Jimin, I think? He’s, well, scary.”

He held her closer, ignoring the warnings in his head. “Sorry. You okay?”

He felt her nod. “Yes, now that you’re here.” His heart stuttered; he frowned into her hair. “Remind me to thank Jungkook later.”

They hugged for a few more moments until Sujin lifted her head with a raging blush and said, “Y-you can let go now. Um, I can stand.”

He released her immediately, looking away and stuffing his hands into his pockets. His face betrayed nothing. “You ready to go?”

She eagerly jumped on the excuse to stare into something else and ped her backpack, looking through her folders and books. “Um, y-yeah, I’ve got everything.”

He nodded and they began walking to the subway station in silence. Both of them were too preoccupied to notice just how little space existed between their bodies and how comfortably they walked together, hands brushing with every step.


Despite everything, they weren’t ready for it when it happened.

They had been casually strolling the streets at night, thinking about going to some club or other to have some fun when someone leaped out of the bushes and punched Jin in the face. It was Jin’s quick reflexes that saved him—lessened the blow so that he was bruised rather than knocked out.

He touched his throbbing cheek and his assailant with murderous intent. “You’ll pay for that."

He whirred into motion and in the next second more bodies flew out of the shadows and jumped at the other boys. Rap Monster sustained a kick to the leg, still a little shocked by the sudden ambush, but Jimin and Jungkook had immediately locked into position when Jin had gotten hurt. Jimin attacked viciously while Jungkook fell back into a defensive position.

The attackers weren’t nearly as good at fighting as BTS but there were many and Jungkook knew that the four of them versus maybe twenty-something others were not good odds. They would tire before they could win the fight.

Rap Monster was doing calculations as well and he grimly shouted, “Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go! There’s too many, we gotta regroup!” He beat down the two guys he was fighting and took off.

Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook quickly knocked out their opponents and ran off in separate directions. They all knew where to meet up so the best course of action right now was to split up the enemies and run them ragged.

Jungkook ran through the bushes and into the trees, glancing over his shoulder to check for pursuers. There were a few but he knew that running away also gave the other gang time to call reinforcements.

He sprinted in zig-zags, smirking when he heard his chasers shouting in confusion at one another. He crouched down behind some bushes and peeked out, eyes flitting across the darkness.

Cursing himself, he pulled out his phone and dialed a number.


A/N: IT'S GOIN DOWWWWWWN for reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

Okay well actually I really don't think it's gonna be as intense as I'm making it sound, lololol. I can't really do fight scenes; haven't seen enough in real life, ya know. xD lolololjk DON'T FIGHT KIDS FIGHTING IS BAD AND IT HURTS AND HURTING IS BAD THAT'S NO NO

I'm excited to get the next few chapters out! I really think this sctory is coming to an end soon! Around 5 more chaps, I estimate! :D

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208