First Stop

Choo-Choo Talk

She hesitantly stepped onto the subway train and tried to wedge herself into a corner, out of sight. She had never ridden the subway all alone before and it definitely intimidated her. Just a little.

She sighed. If only her parents hadn't suddenly gotten too busy to keep driving her to and from school. She had put on a brave front, claiming that the subway was no match for her when really she felt the exact opposite. But what to do? She was already on and besides, there was no other way for her to get to school.

The train stopped at the next station and a gaggle of people crowded on, squeezing her even further into the corner until she could barely breathe.

She gasped and looked around desperately for escape as she tried to ignore her rising claustrophobia. She noticed a boy in all black relaxing on a seat with a wide berth around him and without thinking, she shoved her way through the people, ignoring their grunts of protest, and threw herself down next to him, gasping for air.

There was a collective gasp of disbelief from the onlooking passengers.

She clutched at her stuttering heart, thumping it gently as she told it to calm down, slow down, it's alright.

When she finally got her breathing back to normal, she looked up to thank and apologize to the boy for invading his space.

But her breath caught.

He stared at her with hooded eyes and an indifferent face, the hint of a scowl on his lips because it never left. His hair was stuffed under a black beanie and his shirt had a strange white symbol. He was handsome and feared.

He was Suga, part of her school's notorious gang, BTS.

"What are you doing." It wasn't a question.

"I-I'm so sorry, I just"

"Move."

"Yes, sir," she squeaked and jumped up, looking for a hole to go hide in and hoped he wasn't petty enough to do something to her because she sat next to him. But there was nowhere.

Nevertheless, she was not up to facing Suga's wrath, so she valiantly tried to worm her way through the crowd but found her claustrophobia acting up no matter what. She always ended up back in Suga's space.

She threw a frightened glance at him and found him watching her with scowling perplexity.

"I'm sorry, just give me a second," she said quickly but as she turned to face the annoyed surrounding passengers, she thought she felt bile rising in her gut.

She immediately covered and clutched at her stomach. Before she could collapse or throw up or do something equally atrocious and embarrassing, Suga grabbed her arm and yanked her down.

"Just sit," he growled in exasperation, "if you're gonna get sick."

She was almost too out of it to be shocked. Was he being...nice to her?

Maybe all the rumors were wrong.

"What are you looking at?" he barked at the other passengers with a menacing glare, who immediately immersed themselves in other things. "Bastards."

Or maybe not.

"Th-thank you," she said softly, now that her stomach had settled.

"Just didn't wanna risk you vomiting all over me," he retorted.

Rude, she thought but she smiled. He wasn't as heartless as the rumors claimed and she voiced her thought aloud.

His head whipped towards her. "You know me?"

She nodded slowly. "We go to the same school." But of course he didn't know who she was. She didn't stand out.

Suddenly his face turned fierce. "Get away from me!" he snarled.

Startled, she jumped up and stumbled away, accidentally knocking into some passengers. She apologized profusely as she regained her footing, daring to shoot a glance at Suga.

He was glaring at her as if she had committed some sin but he was the one who made her sit in the first place.

Fueled by this knowledge, she asked shakily, "What did I do? You were the one who pulled me down!"

"And I regret it. Don't tell anyone about what happened or I'll come after you," he growled before sliding his gaze away and ignoring her for the rest of the ride.

She stood there at a loss. Was he afraid that she would spread rumors about his deeply buried humanity? There was no way she'd tell anyone about meeting him on the subway. She was scared enough; why would she purposely entangle herself with him?

He let her stand in his bubble without comment, which she was thankful for because she didn't think she could fight her way through the tightly packed bodies. She was glad to ignore him as he was ignoring her.

She took the time to study him as inconspicuously as possible, since she figured she'd never be this close to him again. He really was beautiful. If only his lips were used more for smiling than frowning, because even in her imagination, she could see that a smiling Suga would be a work of art.

She felt a pang ofwhat? She wasn't sure. There was curiosity, sure, and a bit of fear, but also some pity. Because in this world, he seemed to have only his gang. Everyone else was either scared of him or hurt by him. She wondered if he was lonely.

She heard that recently two members of his gang had left, Taehyung and Hoseok. She thought maybe her thoughts were a bit silly and callous since she didn't actually know what happened, but she felt that it was horribly romantic how the two of them had left because of love.

But Suga surely had a different view.

He had lost two of his closest friends. She couldn't even imagine what that felt like.

As they stepped off the subway and traipsed into school, she stared after his back. On the outside he looked strong and invincible but she saw a lonely set to his shoulders that betrayed how delicate he was inside.

But this was all speculation. Maybe she had imagined it all. Maybe he was really just a rude pretty gangster boy. She would never know because she surely would never have anything to do with him again.


A/N: Hi gaiz.

LOL ok so yeah I shouldn't be stating a new story but I just couldn't help it. ALSO SUGAAAAAAA <3

So like I said in the foreword, this story will probably be longer than my two previous stories and the rest of the BTS members might have side stories in this ne for the sake of the timeline, but I WILL write their stories separately later. Eventually. Haha.

Ugh I'm so impatient I wanna end this like now! But Suga's character calls for slow progress. TT_TT If you've read my two other BTS stories, you'll remember that Suga is a very tortured soul, years in the making, and that can't be undone in 5 chapters, unfortunately. Bear with me!

Enjoy!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2014 by skyblaze208