Reality

X-D

 

 

Dreams didn’t come to Yixing often, mostly because his life with Myungsoo in itself was a heavenly dream, one he didn’t want to wake up from. There was no dream better than the one he led with his lover. Every day was almost surreal and perfect, making Yixing elated to know that this was his reality.

However, his dream was shattered to pieces that one day, causing him to wake up from a wonderful slumber. That day, a portal opened for the first time in his home and caused him to lose Myungsoo to the cosmos. Ever since then, his sleep had been haunted by horrifying nightmares.

Yixing was tired. He was tired of being unable to sleep, for fear of those nightmares. He was tired of being afraid to sleep. He just wished that everything he ever went through the past few days was one big phantasm, and that he would wake up any moment to Myungsoo’s tender smile and relive his dream once more.

But right now, he felt no fear or anxiousness. It’s been a long time since he truly felt at peace. He hadn’t felt so secure, so light, so numb, so content in so long. He vaguely assumed that he was dead; there was no other possibility that he would feel this good if he were alive, or at least awake. That might as well be the verdict. He’d rather be dead than living a dream without Myungsoo.

There was some cool wind blowing onto his face, not like the harsh blows of his portals, but gentle breezes. His body was warm though, as if it were embraced by a soft blanket. And when he heard delicate flapping sounds, Yixing slowly opened his eyes.

The first thing he saw was a face. It was a beautiful face, although it clearly belonged to a boy. He had fair skin, long eyelashes, sparkling eyes, youthful aura and light, tawny orange locks poking out of a thick hood. What Yixing noticed next shocked him greatly; sprouting out of this person’s back as if they had naturally grown with him, were two large wings glowing under the moonlight. Soft white feathers adorned them, a few floating away with each flap.

Yixing concluded that he was being carried away by an angel. He was dead, and now he was being brought to the skies by a holy entity. He accepted this fate, closing his eyes once more. He hoped to reach heaven and spend the rest of time there with Myungsoo, if possible.

--

His eyes shot open, and immediately he struggled to get up and know where he was. He panicked, heartbroken that he wasn’t actually dead and was just dreaming. He just wanted to be home, not in some other parallel dimension and lost once more. But as soon as he saw Jongin’s familiar face staring back at him, he began to relax knowing he was in a familiar place.

“… Calm down there buddy,” the doctor smiled softly while urging Yixing to lie back down on the living room sofa. “I’m still dressing your cuts, so don’t move too much.”

“Wh-What happened…?” He stammered, growing tired as he tried to remember the past few days’ events.

“You tell me,” Jongin lifted the slider’s arm to bandage it. “You’ve been gone for two days and you come back with open wounds all over your body. Kyungsoo freaked out at all the blood and he’s been locked up in his room for an hour now.”

Yixing made an apologetic face as his eyes roamed around the room, noticing how oddly bright it was for sometime at night. He followed the light to its source, a white ring floating above a pretty boy with tawny orange hair sitting in the corner. He immediately recognized him as the angel from his dreams. “You’re…”

The unknown boy grinned and waved merrily. “Hi!”

“Oh, I guess you two haven’t officially met yet,” said Jongin. “Yixing, this is Luhan. He’s a friend and assistant to my work. He’s an angel, if you haven’t already noticed.”

Luhan gestured to the halo hovering above his head and moved his wings a bit. A number of feathers already littered the floor. “I’m a stranded angel, remember? I stayed in the mortal world for a bit too long and now I don’t have enough energy to get back upstairs. Gotta wait for Father to pick me up… But enough about me,” he laughed courteously. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine… D-did you carry me all the way here? I’m sorry.”

The angel shook his head. “Don’t apologize! As a messenger from Heaven, I am obliged to help those in need. Besides, Father will have me banished to hell if I don’t. And trust me; you do not want to go down there.”

“Luhan saw you fall out of portal and caught you before you hit the ground,” Jongin spoke. “But Yixing, why did you come back? Didn’t you reach your dimension?”

Yixing hesitated, the dreadful memories rushing back to him. "I-I made it back to my world, but Myungsoo... H-He's not there..." He started to break down slowly, so Jongin didn't ask anymore.

"You need rest. Go get some sleep, okay? Things will be fine." Although he said that, the doctor was unsure of Yixing's future. It seemed bleak, especially the way the slider moped to his room, shoulders drooping and feet dragging. He sighed, running a hand through his dusty hair; when was the last time he had a shower? "I'll deal with the poor guy tomorrow... But how are you? I haven't seen you in awhile."

Luhan smiled as he wrapped himself in his wings, forming a warm cocoon around his body. "You know, just here and there. You heard from Kyungsoo, right? I'm doing charity work. I'm an angel; I can't help but help people."

Jongin snorted. "You should come home more often. I need someone to talk to while Kyungsoo's sleeping during the day."

"I like it down there. The people are nice."

"I'm just worried about you, Lu." The young boy rubbed at his tired eyes and yawned. "What if God pulls you upstairs in the middle of town and those 'nice people' try to shoot you down before you can? Even if you're the most selfless and devoted person on earth, they will kill you knowing you're different."

The angel grumbled a bit. "That's if Father remembers I'm still down here... It's been a couple centuries, I'm pretty sure he forgot about me." As much as he liked being on earth, Luhan really did want to get home. So he didn't argue back and shifted his concern elsewhere. "Jong, maybe it's just my halo, but you look a lot paler than when I last saw you. Is everything alright?"

Self-conscious, Jongin cupped his cold cheeks in attempt to warm them up. "I guess I've been working a lot lately, since somebody wouldn't come home and help."

Luhan ignored that comment and continued to stare in worry. "Does this have anything to do with Kyungsoo—?”

"No," the doctor denied immediately, even though he was given a knowing look. "He has nothing to do with this."

“Fine, just go sleep or something. You look like you’re about to break. I’ll take over until you wake up.”

Jongin stood to go to his room but paused. “Richard the ghost is scheduled to come here in ten minutes—”

“I’ll take over.”

“I need to fill the bath for those water nymphs—”

I’ll take over.”

“But—”

“I said I’ll handle it!” Luhan began to smack him with his wings. “Go sleep!”

“Okay, okay… Just call me if you need anything,” the boy tottered down the hall in the direction of his bedroom. One of the doors creaked open just as he went past it, revealing a cautious vampire. “Hey, Kyungsoo. The coast is clear, you can come out now. Go hang with Luhan.”

Kyungsoo stepped out into the hall, his gaze shifting down to Jongin’s covered neck.

“Are you hungry?”

His eyes flickered back up to the doctor’s face, noticing that he looked really pale and tired. Dark circles were prominent under his eyes, which had lost their color and sparkle. Jongin really was working too hard.

“… No,” the vampire replied quietly. “I’m not hungry right now.”

“Are you sure? I can give you some blood before I go to bed.”

Kyungsoo shook his head and quickly pushed him into his room. “I’m fine. Go sleep.” He closed the door behind him.

He stood in the hall for a moment, frowning a bit when a long growl came from his stomach.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I finally introduce Luhan the angel!
He came to Earth some centuries ago, but stayed too long and drained his powers. 
Now he has to wait until God sends him back to heaven~