Revenge

X-D

 

 

The blue lights engulfed him once more, taking him down an endless hole that was so familiar and yet, terrified him to the bone. Once more, air was constantly blowing into his ears, drowning out his cries of fright.

Even though he was afraid, Yixing had the fleeting hope that this portal would lead him to Myungsoo. He hoped that when he got out of this godforsaken whirlwind of torture, he would see his beloved’s face again. He just wanted everything to be okay. At the same time, he feared that he would be thrown away further from him; as if being a world away from Myungsoo was not enough.

He continued to fall, the walls and warmth of Jongin’s home long gone by him. He fell for a long time. It felt like forever until the blue lights diminished for grey skies.

The portal suddenly closed, leaving Yixing to fall past buildings and towering skyscrapers. He recognized the sounds of cars and city life seeping into his ears, knowing fully well that he had landed back in his dimension. He also knew that hard, black concrete molded the land below, and given the fact that he was still falling, awaited his demise with shut eyes.

Yixing then felt sharp pricks to the skin, followed by harsh rustling until he hit his back on a branch. He had landed on a tree. Although it wasn’t the most comfortable thing to land on, he thanked the lord for placing it under his fall.

He slowly climbed out, landing unsteadily on the ground while plucking leaves out of his hair. It was then that he noticed it was raining, water hitting the sidewalk in loud splatters. This also served for the lack of people in the park he was in, save for a couple sharing an umbrella some distance away; they only reminded Yixing of those times where he and Myungsoo took walks in this park together.

He continued to observe the environment around him and almost cried. It was truly his world, every inch of it bring back familiarity to the young male. He was almost home. The only thing he had left to do was to return to his apartment, to embrace Myungsoo tightly. He was certain that his lover was there, waiting for his arrival with compressed patience. So he walked down a small street, in the direction of his house.

Due to the fact that he was so ecstatic to see Myungsoo again and the fact that the rain muffled his hearing, Yixing failed to notice the car trailing behind him as he walked.

It was only until he heard the loud screeching of tire on concrete that he turned, noticing just how fast and how close that car was coming towards him. It was too late; Yixing froze, he couldn’t move, waiting for the impact and impending death that was to come upon him.

“WATCH OUT!” A body shoved against him, pushing him to the road and out of harm’s way. He peeled his eyes open in time to see a young man, one he saw earlier under an umbrella, take his place. The next three seconds played like a reel; the look of fear on his savior’s face as that car rammed into his body, the deafening sounds his bones made as they broke piece by piece, and the distance his body flew only to land meters away with a resounding smack had Yixing completely mortified, traumatized.

“DONGWOO!” A woman, presumably his savior’s girlfriend, ran over to the lifeless body and cried in agony. “PLEASE, DONGWOO! WAKE UP!” Neither man moved. Yixing was overcome with shock and the man who was named Dongwoo overcome with death; both were still as rocks, not moving the slightest and allowing the rain to mix with the blood seeping onto the road.

Then the car door opened, allowing another tall male to stumble out whilst screeching profanities. “! Why did that bastard get in the way…?” He marched over to the stiff Yixing and glared down at him. “Why didn’t you die?!”

The slider finally managed to utter a sound. “W-What?” He stared up at the tall man, blinking away the rain in his eyes to see more clearly.

“YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DIE, YOU DIP! THAT BASTARD WASN’T SUPPOSED TO GET IN THE WAY!”

Horrified at what this man was saying, he shakily backed away. Something about that mop of brown hair and the pink tattoo on his neck was vaguely familiar, but Yixing couldn’t place a name on that angry face. “Who are you?!”

“MYUNGSOO IS MINE, !” The mad driver pulled out a small knife, alas one big enough to cause severe injury. “HE’S MINE! ALL MINE! YOU CAN’T TOUCH HIM! DON’T EVEN LOOK AT HIM! HE’S MINE!

“… S-S-Sungyeol…!” All those late-night stories Myungsoo had expressed in bed came rushing back to him. He remembered that face, in old forgotten pictures that he’d sometimes find around their house. Yixing scrambled to his feet, dodging the lethal lunges aimed towards him. “S-Stop! Myungsoo b-broke up with you already! He left you ages ago!”

“YOU STOLE HIM FROM ME!” Sungyeol screamed, murderous intent flaring in his eyes. “HE WOULD STILL BE MINE IF IT WEREN’T FOR YOU! IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!”

He dove in for another missed stab when the siren of an ambulance cut through the air. Cursing under his breath, Sungyeol immediately got into his car and fled, not before trying to run Yixing over once more. Unfortunately for him, the slider managed to get away as well. Not wanting to be questioned by the cops, Yixing ran as fast as he could to his apartment.

He tried his best to avoid looking at Dongwoo’s bleeding carcass as he ran past, internally thanking his savior and apologizing profusely at the same time.

As he neared his home, images of Sungyeol’s terror flashed in his mind. He was Myungsoo’s ex; Yixing remembered that his lover briefly talked about Sungyeol on some occasions. He was described as tall, lanky, and insanely possessive, which led Myungsoo to break off their relationship. He had often warned Yixing to stay away from Sungyeol, in case he still held grudges.

Scared, tired and anxious, Yixing reached their building in record time. He quickly punched in the code to their door and walked in, shivering from the lack of warmth and utter silence. “… M-Myungsoo-ah? Are you home…?”

Yixing searched their bedroom, living room, washrooms, and kitchen but came up empty. He looked around the area, asked the neighbors, but they gave him nothing. He tried to call, only to realize that the other boy left his mobile in their bedroom.

Myungsoo wasn’t anywhere. He was nowhere to be found, there was absolutely no sign of him in any place. It was almost like he didn’t exist, if not for his little personal belongings scattered around the house.

Yixing began to panic. “Myungsoo… Myungsoo…!” He called over and over, hoping desperately for a response, or at least some kind of sign that he was still somewhere. He had checked the clock, and to his surprise he was only away from this world for two hours (whereas he spent several days in Jongin’s world). Myungsoo couldn’t have wandered very far in that small amount of time, especially without any form of contact.

—unless he was someplace where he couldn’t be found.

His legs shook uncontrollably and gave way, causing him to collapse in the middle of the hall. He sobbed, missing the younger boy’s presence dreadfully. He didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t just wait for him to return home. What if Myungsoo needed him too, what if he couldn’t move and needed to be saved?

He needed help. He couldn’t do this on his own. He needed Myungsoo, but he needed someone to help him find Myungsoo. He didn’t know what to do.

Amongst his loud cries and salty tears, Yixing’s eyes caught hold of that painting. That painting was noticeably the only decoration in their entire flat. It depicted a little homely cabin perched on a hill, far away from the rest of the town at the base. The sky around it was green, almost a pale, chartreuse-like color. Then the ground: absolutely no vegetation, foliage, or plants anywhere. Everything was brown sand, dust, and rock.

It was Jongin’s dimension.

As if on instinct, Yixing started to paint that picture in his mind. He stared at that painting, remembering every detail of that parallel universe as much as he could. He willed for a portal to open and swallow him up. And soon enough, the floor in which he was sitting on opened and shone with a brilliant blue light.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I hope I didn't lose anyone OTL it's not confusing is it
I don't think Sungyeol is the possessive one in the Myungyeol ship but hey
Also Dongwoo died :((((( 
He didn't die for no reason ok I'm not that heartless (or am I); there will be a bit more to his death ;D