04

The Heart of the Garden

"Aish!!!!!" Xiumin threw his hand's up in frustration as the snow relentlessly hit them. There was nothign he could do right now. There was a huge rippling lake ahead of them. Suho estimated about 10 feet of freezing water.

A burst of frustration hit Xiumin so hard, he stomped and all of a sudden, the pool froze over. 11 of them slowly turned their heads to him, gaping.

"Ah...whoa." Was all Xiumin managed to say. Kyungsoo ushered everyone across the lake so that they could cross before the frost all melted. Once they got across, Sehun breathed a huge siugh of relief. He felt the weather warm up. It was...spring! The next season. He bet there'd be rain...but well, at least not snow! Kyungsoo, seeing small sprouts and plenty of trees, raced in that direction and felt the sun hit his face. Spreading his arms wide, a blissful smile made it's way to his face.

"Spring!!!!" Chen joyfully spun around and around. Chanyeol and Baekhyun began to belt out a song that was sung in Frozen. The one Olaf sang about summer and hot weather. Kai stood there, observing the scenery before something in his mind clicked. Without even knowing what was going on, he spoke.

"Hold hands guys," Kai blurted out. The boys all gave him weird looks but complied...after complaining. Kai shut his eyes and imagined the hot sun. Believe him, he had no idea why, his mind just told him. And they were wrapped with black sparkles and in a flash, they ended up somewhere with the burning hot sun. Dust was everywhere. All the boys began to cough and brush away the dust.

"Desert!" Chanyeol choked out. The boys stopped hacking and looked around, confirming it.

"DUST STORM!" Kyungsoo cried and began to run the opposite direction of the blur of dust. Everyone glanced back and began to run, holding onto their dear lives. Tao shook his head. He knew something like this would happen. 

The boys ran and ran until they were out of breath. Panting, they slumped to the ground and looked around. There were trees everywhere. It was all green. Buds everywhere. No. They went to summer...just to come back to spring. Frustrated, Kris hit the ground as Sehun sent gusts of wind, blowing everyone's hair out of shape.

In her small garden, Hyejin suddenly felt very cold. Then burning hot and then cool. It...was it the seasons that the boys experienced that she felt? She hoped so because she didn't want to get sick.

"Kani!!!" Gina screamed loudly, shaking Hyejin. The scream was a desperate one. One full of horror and pain. Hyejin raced toward that direction. Gina heard her sister as well and ran. They both bumped into each other yet continued to run. When they saw Gina, they skidded to a stop. Gina was...she was hanging from the monkey bars. Blood was everywhere. Not only was she hanging on the monkey bars, she was lifelessly hanging.

A huge wound was clearly seen in broad daylight. A wound at her neck. Kani was frozen along with Hyejin. Hyejin was the first to recover and raced to Gina. She yanked her off the monkey bars. Kani wordlessly made her way over and looked at her older sister with wide eyes.

"Who did this?" She asked quietly.

Hyejin held Gina with care, covering her bleeding would with a scrap of clothing she ripped off, "Kani, I don't know, but I will get to the bottom of this." She sighed, "In the meantime, be careful ok?" Gina looked at her and nodded. Out of the corner of her eyes, Hyejin saw writing on the ground from Gina's blood. Her own blood ran cold and she handed Gina over to Kani.

"Take her home and apply that medicine that is by your bed on her wound. Make her some soup with a special herb and give her some food. She needs to rest. I have to figue out who did this." Hyejin handed Gina to Kani. Kani obediently nodded and rushed off, scared for her sister. When they left, Hyejin crouched down and looked at the writing. It read:

Each time they get past a season, something bad will happen to you and your sister. See if you can stand it till the end.

Hyejin pressed her pam against . It was those boys. Those boys made her family like this. Because they were advancing, she had to suffer. It simply wasn't fair. Wasn't putting her here enough? And now they had to torture her. But not only her...her family as well. Hyejin glared at the sky, but she had no words to say.

"I'll protect you guys," Hyejin vowed to herself as she stood up and raced back to her sisters. She was to make sure that Kani made the soup properly since she wasn't much of a cook. Gina was on her bed with white oinament slathered all upon her neck. She looked like a princess with her eyes shut. Hyejin smiled and brushed a strand of hair aside. She patted her head and went to Kani. Kani had a bowl of soup in hand with a spoon. Hyejin took a sip to make sure it was edible. seeing that it was, she praised her sister and went off to feed Gina.

Gina began to stir and drink the soup with a special herb.

"Good girl," Hyejin beamed and fed her more spoonfuls. Gina was unsure what happened, but for the time being, she was enjoying herself and eating. Kani sank on the chair in the kitchen. It was definite that there was something weird about Hyejin, but she had her own worries. Pettish and childish worries, but hello? She was a teen!

She worried that she'd never meet a boy and that she'd never be able to marry anyone.

Both her older and younger sisters as well. She wanted Gina to have friends and eventually fall in love....and her older sister to have a happy family.

But the answer to her freedom and curiousities were miles away, battling themselves through the toughest thing they've ever encountered. A fleeting thought made it's way to her mind.

Will they ever get out of here?