05

The Heart of the Garden

"NANANANANANA~" Gina sang at the top of her lungs. Her neck was covered by a huge starch white band aid. It was around dinner time. The 3 sisters decided upon having a picnic at a riverbank nearby. The water was calmly flowing by. Their checkered blanket was right at the bank. Flower buds surrounded it. Kani decided to bring along her ukulele so Gina could sing. And sing she did. Gina loved making up songs and singing them. Kani was a musician and Hyejin danced. Hyejin hummed along the tune and started to move her body with it. 

After a dinner of fresh greens, chicken, seeds, carrots and a desert of 3 sweet peaches, the girls were energized. Even Gina, who was due to her injury. Kani strummed a few more chords as Hyejin became immersed into her own world, dancing to the beat and melody. All her troubles dissipated.

Gina started to belt out into a song with incoherent words. Kani was just grinning at her sisters while playing the ukulele softly. 

The sisters were just dancing into the night, creating beautiful noises. 

A man, crouched under a huge, dark green bush held binoculars and stared at the 3 girls in white dresses dancing. Chuckling, he rubbed his palm and silently ran away. He couldn't wait to let his master know what was going on so he could take away their favorite hobbies. 

The boys in the maze suddenly heard a noise. Through the blossoming cherry trees, they heard a sweet voice singing and a soft strumming going along with it. In their heads, they invision the dance moves. Kai and Lay both started to move their bodies along with the music.

"We have to get going!" Suho hissed, breaking them out of their trance.

"What a beautiful voice," Baekhyun dreamily sighed. Kyungsoo, nodding, pulled them along toward the voice and the beautiful sounds.

"The live there." Kris breathed, pointing at the tall trees in the distance. Tao widened his eyes in facsination and ran toward there. Soon, all of them were racing through the meadow which consisted of yellow buds, ready to sprout. 

Suho and Kris found a small spot in a cave at the edge of what seemed to be an ocean with a small island up ahead. Suho sat down and pulled out his things. 

"Kyungsoo, cook, everyone else, start to make a sleeping spot." Kris instructed. Immediately, they obeyed. Sehun and Luhan bickered as they decided on where to put their beds. Kai diligently made a sleeping spot for himself and another one for Kyungsoo since Kyungsoo was giving him a deadly glare, telling him to. 

Tao and Kris were staring at the stars, not really doing much work. Suho tried to get them to work on something but they ignored him. Dejected, Suho went back to fix his bed. Chanyeol and Chen silently laughed at Suho. Baekhyun was tugging on Chanyeol's elf ears since he was just laughing at nothing and not doing work. Xiumin and Chen both laughed at something and started to take selcas. It was amazing that their battery hadn't drained yet.

Kyungsoo watched his friends with an affectionate smile. He decided, that in a week, they'd reach that place and perhaps make it their home. 

"I'm starving~" Chanyeol loudly complained. Baekhyun hit his head, earning a pained grunt from Chanyeol. Kyungsoo took out the bowls and put the jjangmyeon he managed to make out of the ingredients they had and started giving them out.

Luhan eyed the noodles, mouth watering slightly. Sehun ran up to him and wiped his mouth, telling him to stop drooling. Luhan scrunched his face in embarrassment and then dug into his bowl of noodles. Working and walking made the guys work up quite a stomach. They ate as though they haven't eaten in days. Well, they hadn't eaten in hours, so what was the difference?

"This is heavenly," Lay praised Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo thanked him and continued with his meal. They ate in silence, each of them wrapped in their own thoughts. Baekhyun, Chen, Lay, and Tao were anticipating, waiting for the moment their powers were going to come up.

"Why do you suppose they built a maze here?" Chen piped up. The question sent everyone to their own confusion.

"Why do we have powers?" Chanyeol brought up.

"What is in there?" Kyungsoo quietly added. Everyone was silent, pondering upon these questions. Why were they sent here? Was it a mission?

Well, whatever it was, the boys promised to get to the mystical place by the end of the week. After 'dinner' they sat around, talking about nonsense. The moon eventually rose and shone.

"Who's doing dishes?" Suho questioned. 

"Not it!!" Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol chorused. Within seconds, everyone had said that, except for Luhan. Luhan pouted but walked over to the huge pile of dirty dishes and started to do them with the help of Suho. The boys clambered into their make shift beds and snuggled in. Within a few seconds, they were snoring away, in dreamland. Luhan rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in frustration. Determined to sleep as well, he quickly just rushed through the dishes. Suho gave him a look, but Luhan just kept on doing what he was doing. And soon enough, he was done.

If Luhan had been more attentive, he would've noticed the fact that there was a man standing in the shadows, watching them through the entire time.

"Well, well, well," the man clasped his hands. His brain ran through what he has heard. What a group of curious and intelligent boys. He clicked his pen and scribbled his observations down. Lifting off his black sunglasses, he took something out of a pink pouch that had been in his pocket.

Getting a pinch full, he sprinkled it onto the boys with a wide smirk on his face. Sweeping his black coat up, he silently went his way, mentally cackling at the information he had gotten. Surely his master would love it.

 

A/N- filler chap? lol. im thinking this story will be 10 chaps...