Closure

10010

Nothing is wrong when love is right.

-Magicians of Love



It was an overly sunny day- the giant ball of fire in the sky baking the earth and the unfortunate souls working on it. The boy pitied them, but mostly he was just happy he could work indoors. Even though he was ordered around by his master-of-the-day to clean spotless things, having his hands dried out from soap was much more preferable compared to getting dried out from dehydration.

 

He didn't sing as he scrubbed at the floor.

 

 

“Number Ten!”

 

The boy flinched at the voice and stood up quickly. Head bowed, he replied obediently, “Yes, sir?”

 

“Hurry up and go clean the bedroom,” the man ordered.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

 

Ten gathered his cleaning supplies and walked down the marble hall, entering the lavish room at the end. After all these years, probably only the General's room could get a reaction out of him, with all it's “gold and silver and diamonds and everything rare and shiny everywhere”.

 

But when he stepped through the doorway, he froze in place. Mouth dropping open, he gasped out, “B-baek . . . ?”

 

 

The boy in question was standing in front of the bed, facing away from the door, giving Ten full view of the white scars snaking all over his back. He flinched at the sudden voice and spun around, eyes widening at the newcomer.

 

“Chanyeol?”

 

The boy fidgeted under Ten's stare, trying to cover up his ness but the inked “P” seemed to scream for attention and all the anger and sadness that Ten had felt dissipated. Because Baekhyun was here- he was scarred, but he was back- and Ten was still Chanyeol.

 

 

“Baekhyun,” he said, stepping forward. “You-”

 

The other stepped back, causing the taller boy to stop in confusion. “I know what you're going to say,” Baekhyun said, looking down at the ground. When he looked back up, his eyes were lifeless, missing the spark that Chanyeol was so used to. “Jongin hates me. He only responds when I call him by his nu-number and he only calls me by mine. A-and Sehun will never forgive me. He won't even look at me! And you-”

 

“I forgive you. I don't hate you,” Chanyeol interrupted, quickly closing the distance between the two. I don't think I ever did and I don't think I can. “And everything you did was understandable.”

 

“Really.”

 

“Yes.”

 

 

As Baekhyun bit his lips with uncertainty, Chanyeol followed his impulse and enveloped the smaller boy in a hug. Baekhyun stiffened at the sudden contact but then relaxed, leaning against the other as if he couldn't support himself.

 

“I'm an . Why are you so nice?” Baekhyun murmured into his shoulder.

 

As Chanyeol tried to find an answer, he realized, or maybe he finally stopped denying, that what he felt towards the other boy wasn't curiosity, gratefulness or infatuation.

 

It was love.

 

And it had taken all this for him to reach this point.

 

 

“Don't say that about yourself,” he finally stammered out.

 

 

Baekhyun slowly stepped out of the embrace, a half-smile evident on his face. “I should probably go now, or else you'll get yelled at.”

 

Chanyeol watched as the Entertainer turned to leave. “Wait!” he called out.

 

The other boy turned back around and cocked his head, waiting. Chanyeol quickly took off his Cleaner's jacket and offered it with an outstretched hand. “You should take this.”

 

Baekhyun let out a real smile and accepting it, he said, “Just like that first time, right?”

 

“Right.”

 

“Well then . . . see you later, happy virus.”

 

“Yeah, see you.”

 

“And thanks for not asking any questions,” Baekhyun said and quickly left before Chanyeol could say anything else.

 

 

It was amazing how many things have changed. They were no longer just Number 100 and Number 10; they were Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Both had been through so much, their values and beliefs challenged, flipped upside down, torn apart and put back together. And yet, watching the “10” on Baekhyun's back move further and further away, so many things have stayed the same. For better or for worse, Chanyeol didn't know, but all that mattered was that their story wasn't over yet.

 

 

Maybe I'm selfish for being glad he's back, but love is selfish.

Maybe I'm stupid for feeling this way towards him, but love is blind and it doesn't care.

Maybe this is the happiest ending possible for us, but hopefully, there's an “ever after”.

 

Because even though I might not be anything to him, he is my everything.




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔

THE END!!!

but wait . . . there's more ^_^

when i first started writing this, i wanted to have lubaek instead of baekxing, where luhan was sehun's (and jongin's) childhood friend, but had to be separated because of caste issues (insert cliched noble idiot syndrome). but i decided not to because it would be too drama-y and complicated. BUT i might write a hunhan side story

and of course, THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading this whole thing and supporting this. i've never received this much love and you guys are the best!!!