Meet Juliet

Juliet of July

sorry no time to edit....lol...

 


 

"Hey."

He turned around, surprisingly or not he could always be found here, and I had to remind myself over and over again, the reason I came. That's not an easy thing, to be honest. But I was thankful there was none of any piercing glare that could swallow the entire of my courage that had vastly depleted the moment I reached there. Instead, there was just a clueless, maybe surprised disbelief look.

Maybe, I shouldn't have come. Yeah, that's just great, always acting on impulse, and regret when it's too late. No wonder your mom still scold you like you're ten years old. I mentally rolled my eyes at my own immatured weakness.

"No, don't say anything. I'm just here to ask something. Even though yes, I said that I won't come here again, but since I think I deserve an answer, I'm here." I scrambled to find the piece of paper inside the orange handbag given by July. Though I was the one who forbade him from speaking, and keeping my distance to ensure my own safety, but even his silence made me even more nervous, I shouldn't have asked him to be quiet, but since when did he listen anyway? And the bright orange handbag, the dark green long skirt and royal purple tutleneck together with the same cardigan from the other day didn't help. How could she made me wore all these outrageous things? And this kid was probably so silent because he's mentally criticizing me again or maybe, laughing at my fashion sense. At least the turtleneck had no buttons.

Ahh, found it.

I took two steps forward, keeping my face stern and cold and shoved the paper forward without really looking directly at him.

I waited for ten seconds, or more, but he said nothing.

"Well,...why aren't you explaining yet?"

"What?" He finally broke his own silence with an answer that further heightened my frustration.

"Why did you draw this thing and left it at the hospital? Why did you come everyday?"

"What are you talking about? What is this thing? What hospital?"

"Are you seriously still pretending to not know? Or did you just forgot? How could you be so cruel when you knew all along?"

"Know what?"

"That I was hospitalized all along for the past month!"

"You...what...?" Before I could answer he had taken a leap forward and grabbed my covered arm, not as tight as before, but enough to alarmed me to jerk myself backward.

"You're sick? The past month?"

"You didn't..." My words died there.

It wasn't him.

It wasn't him.

It wasn't him.

 

Then, who was it? It's not Jerry ssi either. Could it be just someone from the office or...I don't know. But then, what about the drawing?

 

"You're sick? What are you sick of?"

'You.' I almost wanted to spat that one word that would fulfill all my childish satisfaction of revenge to the brim, but then again, sick wouldn't be the adjective that could describe my feelings for him. I didn't even know if I could ever get sick of him.

"Why aren't you answering? What happened to you?"

"N...nothing. forget it. So you didn't draw this picture?"

"Draw? No...I didn't scribble that piece of rubbish-like thing."

So,...it really wasn't him. Then, ...who?

"Okay then, never mind."

"You haven't answer..."

"I said...never mind. That's it!" I raised my voice, hoping that would stop his persistent questioning. Come to think of it, in some ways, he and July were alike. Especially in their stubbornness to get things their way.

This was all a mistake. I should just go back to the hospital. I shouldn't have left July. I shook my head and turned away, making my way back.


But every mistake comes with consequences.

"I'm sorry."

I froze. Just the way the flow of words from my mouth stopped and froze, and just the way my body stiffened and froze, I was trying to freeze my heart to not feel or be affected by anything, especially, not him or his actions, his touch. What does he take me for? Now that he know I'm hospitalized, he's finally feeling guilty for being so crude towards a sick person? So if I wasn't sick, everything he did would've been alright?

"Let go." I demanded without moving. It wasn't my responsibility to always remove myself away from him. Why should it be? He would start everything and I always have to be the one to end it?

"I'm sorry." My suffocation grew as the long slender arms wrapping over my shoulders from my behind only clung on more stubbornly, and tightened.

"For what?"

"For everything."

Well, wasn't that easy for him? Not even having to know what he's really sorry for?

"Okay. Just let go." I breathed heavily, trying to control my anger.

"I was afraid..."

"I don't want to hear it."

"Why not?"

"Why should I?"

"You're afraid too."

"I'm not." Quietly I thanked God for not stammering at the worst possible time.

"If I let go, will you promise to not run off?"

"Why should I promise you anything?"

He suddenly released me from the most painfully uncomforting backhug.

"You can come here to this river anytime you want, I can even disappear from here if that would make you feel better. But just for tonight, can you at least stay and talk like friend instead of treating me as enemy?"

"We're never even friends." I reminded him of the fact.

"Because we're never supposed to be friends."

I scoffed at the line. But it reminded me of someone who probably would be waiting for me, worrying over me, like a friend, a family, or even more.

"Look...I have to go and..."

"Just for tonight...can't you stay longer?"

His dark eyes shone, filled with uncertain hopes. The kind of sparkle that made me afraid of myself.

 

It was late when I reached back at the hospital. I felt so confused and I knew what would be the best cure - July's glittering eyes and carefree laughter and her comforting words and advices. Also, I wanted to ask more about the drawing...no, scratch that. That thing only brought me to all these added confusion. I just wanted to see her. 


But she was nowhere to be seen.


"Excuse me, it's already late at night, where's July? She couldn't be having treatment at this time...could she?"

The nurse shook her head and apologized politely.


"You mean, Juliet?" 

...

 


 

for those who are confused...basically...no, May guy has confirmed he didn't draw the thing July found at the hospital...n basically, he didn't know she's hospitalized...so...yeah...xD...lol.