Would you go out with me?

Lost Heart

So Eun woke up in her comfortable bed the next day, the events of the night before still planted in her mind. She sat herself up and stretched her stiff arms. A happy smile grew on her face, even though she wasn’t aware of it. So Eun was just too joyful and happy that Changmin had kissed her! The girl brought her delicate fingers to touch her soft lips which Changmin’s lips had just touched. She sighed. Things just can’t get any better.

‘So Eun, what happened?’ asked a slightly pissed off Go Ara. ‘You’ve been sighing and smiling for over fifteen minutes, if you didn’t know.’

‘I-,’

‘Some people are trying to sleep IN on a Saturday morning,’ Ara stated obviously, interrupting So Eun. That’s right, today IS Saturday, and Saturday is Ara’s ‘sleep-till-Sunday’ day. ‘Sorry Ara,’ So Eun says apologetically.

Ara seemed to pick something up (not literally) as she studied her roommate’s face carefully. ‘Alright, I’ll accept your apology,’ Ara decided. Then she lay back down on her hot pink bed and pulled her thick sheets over her head. ‘And keep it down okay?’ she asked, but her voice was slightly muffled, probably because of the sheets. So Eun sighed in relief and replied, ‘don’t worry, I will.’

‘Good,’ Ara said. So Eun got up to take a quick shower, change into some new clothes (the usual stuff) and to head downstairs for breakfast. She made a mental note to bring some extra food upstairs for Ara. After she had finished washing, up she made her way to Daewon’s large breakfast room. So Eun sat in one of the seats while a waitress took her order. Remember, this is a wealthy school, so Daewon’s breakfast area is just like a café.  

‘One omelette and one velvet crumb cake please.’

So Eun ordered her breakfast at the counter where the polite lunch-lady took the order to the cooks. The velvet crumb cake was for Ara while the omelette was for her. She turned and walked towards a tale where Yoona and Sunny sat, happily chatting away.

‘Hey guys,’ greeted So Eun with an overly happy grin.

‘Hey,’ they relied in unison.

Yoona studied So Eun’s face for a moment, and a slight frown started to appear on her gentle face.

‘Someone’s joyful this morning,’ she said when she stopped studying her friend and went back to eating her fancy apple puff pancakes.

So Eun didn’t reply, she smiled and just blushed while averting her eyes from her friends. Even Sunny seemed to notice something. But she just grinned and started to poke So Eun with her silver fork.

‘Ooooh… is it a guy?’ the always lively girl asked in curiosity.

‘No!’ So Eun replied a bit too quickly. She sounded nervous too, and she was still blushing.

‘I can tell you’re lying,’ Sunny replied in a sing-song-voice. For a moment there, she sounded like an eight year old who was able to get the upper-hand of a situation.

So Eun didn’t answer once again and just sat quietly, occasionally looking around the cafeteria for a certain someone.

She finally spotted him sitting on a table with his friends Jaejooong and Junsu. So Eun blushed and averted her eyes from the mere sight of him. When she saw his face, she couldn’t help but stare at his lips, and remember their kiss.

Sunny saw what had happened and grinned brightly. ‘I knew it! It’s Changmin!!!’ she said loudly.

‘Shh!’ So Eun whispered, blushing all the while. ‘Not that loud please!’

‘Oh… sorry,’ Sunny said meekly, but still looking victorious.

Yoona smiled lightly as she at a piece of her breakfast. About time she found a guy, she thought to herself.

Then, a waitress brought the omelette and velvet crumb cake to their table. So Eun thanked the kind waitress and grabbed the fork that was already set on the table.

The omelette was quite tasty, So Eun decided as she ate.

Once they had all finished their breakfast, they exited the cafeteria. So Eun was carrying Ara’s breakfast in her hands. She parted from her friends and said goodbye to them in order not to leave Ara starving. The girl headed up to her dorm and opened the door to see her sleeping roommate still lying in her bed.

So Eun stealthily placed the velvet crumb cake on Ara’s bedside table, being very careful not to wake her up. She exited the room as fast as she could, and made her way downstairs.

Lots of thoughts ran through her mind as she walked in the courtyard where a soft wind blew against her. She wrapped her arms around herself and closed her eyes.

What’s going to happen to me and sunbae now?

Do I like him?

Does he like me?

Will he just forget that last night ever happened?

Will I have to forget about last night?

At least we’ve figured out the song we were suppossed to perform…

 ‘It’s no use. You’re hands alone won’t comfort you.’

She felt something wrap around her shoulders that made her slightly jump. She turned and saw Changmin before her with a concerned face. She had shivers run down through her as their gazes met. He had no jacket on and she realized he had given it to her. She tried to hide her smile at the thought of him being so caring. Of course… why not? She was special… his best friend.

‘A-about last night, I wasn’t thinking clearly and I’m sorry about uh, you know,’ Changmin apologised nervously.

So Eun smiled gently at her sunbae. ‘It’s okay sunbae.’

An awkward silence hung in the air for a long period of time, none of them knowing what to say.

‘So, uh I’ve been thinking…’ Changmin started.

‘Yes?’ So Eun asked.

‘I’ve been thinking if we umm… c-could go out,’ he stuttered nervously.

So Eun was near to giggling as Changmin usually knew what to say all the time and never stuttered.

‘What?’ Changmin asked, his eyebrows narrowing as he saw the obvious amusement on So Eun’s face.

‘Nothing,’ So Eun answered, the amused expression still on her face.

‘So would you go out with me?’ Changmin asked, less nervously as he smiled a bit while asking.

The wind blew against them and their hair danced in the wind beautifully.

‘Yes, I’d love to,’ So Eun replied as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Changmin then smiled that irresistible uneven smile and tenderly held So Eun’s hand. She looked at their interlocked hand and held Changmin’s other hand, just as gently.

They both had loving smiles on their faces as they stood there, hands in hands.

No words were needed to fill the silence, as their eyes spoke what they were feeling intimately. The silence was not the awkward kind, but rather the nice, romantic kind.

They swinged their interlocked hands slightly and laughed softly.

Meanwhile, Ara seemed to wake up and see the velvet crumb cake on her bedside table. Her stomac growled seconds later so she decided that eating was probably a good idea. As she ate her scrumptious cake, Ara made a mental note to thank So Eun the next time she saw her.

Ara got up from her hot pink bed and walked towards the dorm’s window which overlooked school courtyard. She sat down at the cushiony, window chair and continued to eat as she looked out the window.

Everything seemed perfectly normal to Ara, except the clouds were a bit dark. No doubt that it would rain pretty soon, she thought to herself.

Ara spotted two figures who looked rather close, almost like they were about to kiss. They were holding hands and were looking at each other lovingly. Ara snickered as she watched them.

Then she recognised the guy’s face. I-is it Changmin?! With a girl?! She thought, bewildered. She leaned forward in her chair to get a closer look.

Ara felt jealousy stirring in her chest as she watched his loving expression. Her eyes narrowed dangerously as she watched Changmin and the girl. He’s never dated before!

She was nearly fuming. How dare she steal MY MAN?! Oh if I find out who she is I’ll-

Ara took a good look at the girl and saw that it was a certain person she knew…

Her eyes widened in shock as she had a bad feeling of betrayal and hurt.

I knew it!

Meanwhile, back to Changmin and So Eun, they were still in their loving, hand-holding daze when suddenly, they felt a few raindrops falling.

They released their hands and laughed as the rain poured harder and harder.

Changmin stared at So Eun as she laughed with him and spun in the rain, sending the strands of her hair flying and the drops of rain flying off her body. He shook his head to clear his thoughts once again. Stop it! Mei Ying is NOT So Eun!

But his laughter faltered as he looked at the raindrops and thought about the day when he was trying to find his childhood friend.

Changmin took a good look at the happy So Eun once again and smiled. Yes, it’s time to forget about So Eun. The heir decided.

He chuckled as she hugged him tightly, while giggling.

‘Okay, we better get out of this rain quick,’ he suggested. ‘Unless you want a cold.’

So Eun laughed and pulled away from her hug. Her arms were still wrapped around his shoulders when she did. The girl looked deeply into Changmin’s dark orbs. They held so much gentleness and wisdom. But held a little sadness.

Changmin looked at So Eun tenderly, ignoring the huge resemblance she had to his close friend. Unconsciously, their faces were getting closer and closer until their lips once again touched.

The kiss wasn’t passionate or rough, it was gentle. Changmin brought his hand up to So Eun’s cheek as they kissed.

Slowly, their eyes drifted closed as they enjoyed it.

The rain was still pouring on them, but they didn’t care, all that mattered were each other.

X

X

X

 

X

Hi

Kekeke

Cheesy an/or fluffy huh? I felt awkward, SUPER awkward about writing this. I know this chapter’s pretty short, but I have too much schoolwork to handle at the moment. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter and don’t be afraid to comment!! ^^

And I’m sorry about not updating for long!!!!!! SORRY SORRY SORRY!!! Keke super junior…

See ya ;)