Chapter 4: Junsu's dance belt problem

Lost Heart

At the end of the day, So Eun was exhausted. So she decided to have a good night’s rest in her new dorm. She creaked open the door and saw someone else occupying the room. The girl in the room turned to see who it was. ‘Hi, my name is Mei Ying. I’m your new room-mate. Nice to meet you,’ So Eun introduced herself as she smiled brightly and stuck out her hand, expecting a handshake. ‘Pleasure,’ the girl said. She shook So Eun’s hand in return. ‘Go Ara,’ the girl said after they finished their little handshake. ‘Umm, I’ll just head to the bathroom and wash up a bit. I’m exhausted,’ So Eun said. ‘Alright. Don’t worry, all first days are like that. You’ll get the hang of it soon,’ Go Ara said with a bright smile. ‘Thanks,’ So Eun replied. Then she went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, changed into her pyjamas and took a shower. Then So Eun headed to bed and fell asleep, wondering what tomorrow would bring.

X

X

Changmin woke up in the morning, feeling tired still. He hadn’t slept very well because of the reoccurring nightmares he kept having. He lost count of how much restless nights he had. This night however, he had dreamt about her. Everything in his life had changed ever since she disappeared, and he kept having those nightmares ever since. He looked at the picture of her on his bedside table and picked it up. His mother had taken this picture when he was eight and she was just five years of age.

 

 

‘Can you believe it oppa?! I’m finally five!’

Changmin smiled at the memory of her excited little face. He remembered how she always smiled brightly and how she would cheer him up whenever he was feeling down.

‘After a while, I’m gonna be as old as you!’

Changmin felt the presence of tears sting his eyes as he looked at So Eun’s adorable face. But then he decided to place the picture back on his bedside table to make sure he didn’t get too lost in his memories.

Changmin’s maids had already prepared his uniform and his bags, so all he had to do was wash up and get into one of his many limos.

He did just that, and before he knew it, he was off to school.

X

X

‘Mei Ying, Mei Ying!’ shouted someone. So Eun was walking down the hallway to homeroom when she heard someone calling for her. So Eun looked around and saw Tiffany running towards her. ‘Mei Ying!’ she called one more time before she finally caught up with her friend. Tiffany was panting heavily, as if the poor girl had just run a marathon. ‘Homeroo…m… is… cancelled… because…,’ Tiffany was too out of breath to finish her sentence so So Eun spoke instead, ‘It’s okay Tiffany. Just relax.’ Tiffany nodded and after a few more minutes, Tiffany continued speaking, ‘Homeroom is cancelled because we have a physical exam.’

‘Physical exam?’ asked So Eun in confusion. ‘Yes, it’s just like a check-up. Professional doctors and nurses come to this school to exam the students. Like height, weight, that sort of stuff,’ Tiffany explained. ‘Oohh,’ So Eun said, now understanding what a physical exam was.

When they were about to start heading off to the room where the physical exams were held, a strange looking student walked by. He, or she, wore a sinister black coat that reached up to the floor and had a hood that concealed he/she’s face. He/she also held a pink puppet of a cat in his/her right hand. So Eun’s eyes went wide when she saw he/she stopping to talk to them. ‘Weeelllcooomeee neeeww sssttuuuudeeennt… I hooooppeee yyoouuu haaavveee ttiiiiimeeee tooo vvviiissiiitt oooouuurr blaaaaacck mmaaaaaggiiiic cllluuuuubb,’ He/she said. The person sounded like a male so So Eun confirmed he wasn’t a girl. Then the strange student handed them tickets that said things about ‘Daewon’s black magic club.’ So Eun wasn’t interested so she put the ticket in her pocket when the cloaked student walked- no FLOATED- away from them. ‘Who is that?’ So Eun asked, still shocked at what she has just seen. Tiffany just held her normal expression as if she saw this kind of craziness every day. ‘Oh, don’t worry. He’s harmless. His name is Key Kim Kibum, Daewon’s black magic club leader,’ Tiffany explained once again. ‘Oh.’ Then they continued to head to the room for physical exams.

Physical exams are starting now, announced the PA system.

‘How are physical exams like at this school?’ asked So Eun as she and Tiffany caught up with Yoona, Jessica and Sunny.

‘The physical exam is very normal. There’s nothing great about it,’ answered Jessica. ‘Alright, then I won’t have anything to be worried about,’ So Eun said, smiling.

Then Yoona opened the door to the large health office and So Eun examined the place. It was just like a normal physical examination after all. So Eun saw various doctors, nurses and students all around the room. But she also spotted that strange cloaked student, Key Kim Kibum. So Eun tried avoiding him, but unfortunately, he noticed her and floated- yes, FLOATED- over to her. ‘Sssoooo, doooooo yyoooouuuu ccooooonnsssiiiiddeeeeerr jjooooiiiinniiiiinng???’ he asked in a ghost-like voice. So Eun was speechless at his question. She was scared of what that strange figure might do if she rejected. Tiffany said he was harmless but… So Eun debated with herself, maybe she’s wrong. So Eun gulped as Key floated closer to her. So Eun was backing away, but Key was getting closer. Then, a boy So Eun didn’t recognise stood in front of her with a flashlight in his hand. ‘Quit scaring her,’ he spoke in a strong voice. Then he switched on the flashlight and aimed it at Key’s face. Then, Key began to scream and sprinted as fast as he could out of the room.

‘MURDURER!!!’ he shouted in a very high-pitched voice. It looked like Key was running for his life. It was just a flashlight after all. So Eun was very confused by this. But her thoughts were interrupted when the boy turned around to face her. ‘Are you alright?’ he asked in a concerned tone. So Eun noticed that he had a very handsome face that complimented his shiny black hair that was slightly spiked. ‘Uhhh,’ So Eun stuttered, utterly mesmerised by the boy’s face. She realised that she was gawking at him and stopped immediately. ‘Y-yes, I’m fine,’ she said while blushing. The boy smiled and spoke, ‘That’s great. My name is Yunho, by the way.’ ‘Nice to meet you Y-yunho,’ So Eun stuttered. Yunho chuckled and looked at her expectantly, still having that playful smile on his face. ‘Oh! Umm, my name is Mei Ying,’ So Eun stuttered quickly, realising that she hadn’t introduced herself earlier. ‘Nice to meet you Mei Ying,’ Yunho said genuinely. So Eun’s legs felt like jelly as he spoke. She swore if this was an anime, she would have love-hearts floating around her and overly large pink blushes staining her cheeks.

But they were interrupted when the PA spoke once again, Could all the students from class E3 report to the east wing of the health department. Once again, could all the students from class E3 report to the east wing of the health department.

‘That’s me,’ said Yunho meekly. ‘Oh, okay uh,’ but before So Eun could finish her long line of um’s and uh’s, Yunho grinned and bid goodbye. ‘See you around!’ he said as he walked away. ‘Yeah, see ya!’ So Eun called out to him. Yunho waved goodbye to her as he was almost out the door. So Eun smiled lightly to herself as she watched Yunho walk smoothly out the door.

X

X

The physical exams went rather well, except the fact that she had practically made a fool of herself earlier.

X

X

Changmin sighed as Junsu paced around the small, unkempt boat complaining about dance belts. Yes, that’s right. DANCE BELTS.  After the physical exam, Changmin had dance class with Junsu. In his opinion, dancing was THE WORST, but he had to do well in order to maintain his good grades. Junsu somehow had a problem with dance belts, and he never wore dance belts to class. Luckily, Junsu was never caught… until now. So, the teacher assigned Changmin to go on a little ‘shopping trip’ with Junsu to help choose a dance belt. Being the goody-two-shoes student he was, he agreed to help Junsu pick a belt. Changmin thought that the request was simple and easy, but now, he very much regretted his decision…

‘Admit it Changmin, dance belts are hot AND uncomfortable,’ Junsu complained again while standing up, next to the rail of the boat. ‘They stink, they look stupid- I mean, AND they are unhygienic so…’ Changmin sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, annoyed with Junsu’s constant whining. ‘That’s why you wash them,’ Changmin stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

‘You wash them?’ Junsu asked in disbelief. ‘Have you SEEN me doing my own washing Changmin? No, I take it over to mommy. I can’t ask her to wash THAT.’ Then he sat down next to Changmin and ranted out yet ANOTHER complaint, ‘You know, what is happening to us is a form of oppression. And I don’t like it.’

Changmin then looked away from Junsu’s gaze and stared off to the sea, thinking aloud, ‘You reckon if I jumped, I’ll make it to the shore alive?’

‘You can hyung, but it’ll be bad for your health,’ Junsu replied. ‘LIKE a dance belt,’ he added. Oh god. Changmin tried to block out Junsu’s chatter by putting the ear buds of his earphones on and turning up a random song on his iPod, but it didn’t block out Junsu’s voice, unfortunately. ‘Seriously hyung, I’ve done the research,’ Junsu continued. ‘You know what overheating does to a man’s ?’

‘Okay, no,’ Changmin decided as he stood up and began making his way to the lower decks.

‘But seriously-,’

‘NO.’

‘One day I want to have children, hyung!’ shouted Junsu when Changmin was already out the door.

‘HYUNG?!’

X

X

‘We’re here getting you one okay?’ stated Changmin as he sat down in one of the seats in the clothing store.

‘I’m not getting one,’ Junsu spoke back, putting one of the dance belts back on the shelf.

‘Yes you are,’ Changmin nearly commanded.

‘Hi, you guys need some help?’ asked a worker at the store. She was eying Changmin suggestively while he was oblivious to it. She wore a very mini black skirt with a purple tank top and pumps to match. Now that Changmin thought about it, he recognised her face from somewhere.

‘No, we’re just browsing at the moment,’ replied Junsu. Sometimes Junsu really does act like a four year old boy thought Changmin. ‘No, he needs a dance belt,’ Changmn spoke, referring to Junsu.

‘What size do you want?’ she asked Junsu.

‘No, I don’t actually want one. I don’t believe in their necessity,’ replied Junsu stubbornly.

‘I think you’ll find they’re actually not that bad once you get used to them,’ said the employee while throwing occasional glances at Changmin. ‘What size do you think you are?’ she asked Junsu.

‘Umm… what’s your biggest?’ asked Junsu while Changmin scoffed quietly. ‘What?’ Junsu asked Changmin defensively.

‘Uh, they are based on your jean sizes so…’ she explained.

‘Oh, okay. Umm… thirty-one,’ Junsu replied.

‘Okay,’ she said while looking through the shelf of dance belts. ‘Why don’t you give… this one a try?’ she asked while holding out a dance belt to Junsu.

‘Yeah, sure,’ Junsu said while picking up the dance belt the employee held out to him. He made his way to the changing rooms and without the employee looking; he made eye contact with Changmin and flicked his eyes towards her, as if trying to signal something to his friend.

‘Hey, is everything okay in there?’ asked the employee as she knocked on the wall of the dressing room Junsu was in.

‘Yeah everything’s fine,’ replied Junsu as he poked his head out of the red curtain that was supposed to be the door. ‘Um, hyung, can you come here for a sec?’ asked Junsu.

This ‘shopping trip’ had taken more than two hours and Changmin grew frustrated. He sighed and walked over to Junsu.

‘What can possibly be so hard? I mean, if you want me to demonstrate, I’m not going to,’ Changmin said.

‘Nothing, nothing, it’s fine. It’s surprisingly comfortable by the way,’ Junsu dismissed.

‘Then why are you taking so long?’ Changmin nearly shouted.

‘Hello? I’ve been giving you two some time,’ replied Junsu. ‘I mean look at her, don’t you think she’s cute?’ Changmin sighed once again in frustration. ‘Excuse me,’ Junsu called out to the female employee, ‘What’s her name?’ Junsu asked Changmin quietly. ‘Go Ara,’ Changmin replied, also very quietly, sounding embarrassed. ‘Excuse me Miss Ara, I take back everything I said about dance belts. Yeah, I’m gonna take five,’ Junsu said.

‘Okay,’ replied Ara.

‘And, can I also buy shorts to wear over the top of them?’ he asked.

‘Yeah, sure thing,’ she answered.

‘Oh, and my buddy Changmin is going to help pick one out too,’ stated Junsu.

Changmin’s eyes widened as Ara smiled flirtatiously towards him. ‘Okay,’ Ara replied. Changmin tried to keep a happy face as he walked towards Ara, but in his eyes was pure anger.

During the time Ara and Changmin were picking out dance belts, she was shamelessly flirting with the heir to Shim corp. while the said heir ignored her and only spoke when she asked him a question. But Ara was not happy with Changmin’s distant behaviour.

‘Hey, Ara!’ said a familiar voice.

‘Oh, hey Mei Ying,’ replied Ara.

Changmin turned to see who it was and saw the girl he had bumped into yesterday, Mei Ying. The anger in Changmin’s eyes disappeared as he gazed at So Eun’s perfect face.

So Eun noticed Changmin was there too, so she greeted him as well, ‘Hi Changmin.’

‘Oh, Mei Ying, what are you doing here?’ asked Changmin curiously.

‘Well, I’m just on a little shopping trip,’ So Eun answered. Changmin smiled at her light-heartedness, forgetting all about the torture he had just experienced on his little shopping trip.

‘Oh, do you two know each other?’ asked Ara, with the slight bit of jealousy in her voice.

‘Yes,’ Changmin and So Eun answered at the same time.

Then they blushed a little and then giggled right after. Ara tried to suppress her anger and the instinct to twitch her brow. ‘Alright, then. I’ll see you at school,’ So Eun bid goodbye as she made her way to the clothing section of the store.

‘See you,’ replied Changmin.

‘Bye,’ said Ara.

Then the two went back to searching for shorts and dance belts. Ara tried to seem happy, but inside, she was fuming. Changmin never interacted with girls before Ara thought suspiciously. What makes her so different? Ara wondered.

X

X

‘Changmin, I gave her to you, on a silver platter and you died in it,’ ranted Junsu.

‘Oh, did I now? Alright,’ replied Changmin, not really caring. He took out his phone and dialled a number.

He put the phone near Junsu’s ear and Junsu heard Sunny’s voice on it. Hi! It’s Sunny. Pretty soon there’s going to be a little ‘beep’ so be brave! Please leave a message.

When the ‘beep’ sounded over the phone, Junsu spoke into it, in a strangely more high pitched voice, ‘Oh, hey Sunny, it’s Changmin. Being brave, hehehe. Call me! Or whatever…’

‘Give me the phone,’ demanded Changmin as  Junsu walked away from him, holing the phone to his ear.

‘Bye,’ Junsu said quickly as Changmin succeeded in snatching the phone off of him.

‘That was the worst impression of me ever,’ said Changmin.

X

X

That night, Ara grew suspicious of So Eun and decided to ask her some questions.

‘Um, Mei Ying? Are you and Changmin…’ Ara trailed off.

‘No, we’re just friends,’ replied So Eun.

‘Okay,’ Ara sad, relieved.

So Eun noticed this, but she decided to dismiss it, ‘Besides, I like someone else.’

‘Really, who?’ asked Ara curiously.

‘Yunho,’ So Eun answered, blushing.

‘Oh, okay,’ Ara said, relieved again.

Once they had finished their conversation, they went to sleep.

AN: I know that this is sort of an awkward chapter, but know we have an insight of Go Ara’s rivalry!!! And hopefully, in the next chap, Jaejoong would appear!!! Anyway, I hope u enjoyed reading and stay tuned until next time!!!

By the way, I have completely no idea what 2 do for the next chapter so I would appreciate it if u could leave some suggestions in the comments!!!

Thx very much, and a very big shout out to db5sk4ever, Suju_Lover13, Jjoongsword, Rukia7818, jhen414kpopaddict, rushpynatchocolate, jlynne, sue_ada, may_vk, Man Tou and awesommespams!

Thanx very much for commenting and subscribing.

I know u guys just luv baby photo’s so here u go:

 

06f8769a39be70_full.jpg 

10c6b6c10dcee0_full.jpg 

0a6c43414f4970_full.jpg