Chapter 3: New life

Lost Heart

‘Umma, can I go to the park today?’ So Eun asks sweetly, with her hands clasped behind her back and her body rocking back and forth. ‘Why?’ her mother asks, not answering. ‘I want to meet up with my new friend, Tiffany there,’ So Eun replies. ‘Oh, alright,’ Mrs Kim says with a smile on her face, but then it was replaced by a small frown. ‘Are you sure you don’t need bodyguards?’ Mrs Kim asks, worried about her daughter’s safety. ‘I’m sure!’ So Eun answers, grinning. ‘Okay then, have fun,’ Mrs Kim says.

‘Sure will!’ So Eun shouted back while she sprinted out the room and out of the Kim’s mansion, making her way to the nearby park.

So Eun looked around at the scenery before her. Lush green grass, flowers, trees, playgrounds and lakes decorated the park. This brought a smile to So Eun’s face as she looked around for Tiffany. But, she couldn’t see her new friend’s face. So the little seven year old decided to wait for her friend and went to sit at a nearby bench. Although this all was very beautiful, something didn’t feel right, almost ominous. This was noticeable as there were barely any people present at the park, almost none at all. After a few minutes, So Eun began to feel worried and wanted to go home, the ominous feeling giving her the creeps. Maybe I should go back home thought So Eun as she hopped off the park bench and walked towards the entrance of the park.

But before she could even exit the park, she heard a rustle amongst the green bushes. Curiosity getting the better of her, she turned around and searched the bushes to see what the source of the noise was. ‘Hello?’ she asked quietly.

Without her knowing, there was someone slowly creeping towards her. So Eun’s eyes widened as she saw a scary looking shadow appear on one of the bushes. The frightened seven year old girl calmed herself and turned around to find whose shadow it was. Unfortunately, she was far too late as the owner of that shadow wrapped a blindfold roughly on her eyes and placed a hand over to silence her screams.

‘Be quiet or else,’ the disgusting voice of her captor whispered in her ear. So Eun scrunched up her face, trying to block out the horrible smell of alcohol and cigarettes wafting into her nostrils from the man’s mouth. So Eun nodded weakly, her face still scrunched up.  ‘Good,’ he said.

So Eun felt the man roughly lead her somewhere, presumably a truck or a vehicle as she could hear the faint noise of engines running. But she couldn’t be sure as all she could see is black. The man pushed So Eun into a trunk and shoved a cloth right in the area of her nose and mouth. So Eun struggled franticly and tried to hit the man, but she was just too small. The chemicals on the cloth made So Eun sleepy, and her eyes were slowly drooping. No matter how much she struggled to stay awake, her heavy eyelids forced her eyes to close. Slowly, slowly, she was falling into unconsciousness, until she could see nothing.

X

X

‘Qīn'ài de, nǐ rènwéi tā huì hǎo ma?’ asked a gentle voice.

‘Shì de, méi cuò. Bùyào dānxīn, tā huì hǎo qǐlái de. Qiáo, tā xiànzài xǐng lái,’ replied someone with a stern voice.

So Eun’s eyes opened slowly as she woke from her unconscious state. ‘Where am I?’ she croaked, her voice sounding broken and worn. So Eun explored the room she was in with weak eyes and realised she was in a very unfamiliar room. Decorations and strange writing that she couldn’t understand adorned the room, with two adults standing near her bed, the gentle woman carrying a tray of soup. The adults looked like they were arguing and it gave So Eun a headache. Bandages were all over her body and a hot towel was on her forehead. She looked like an Egyptian mummy if one didn’t look carefully. So Eun’s soft coughing seemed to bring the man and the woman back to reality.

‘Ó, qīn'ài de, nǐ méishì ba?’ the woman asked, rushing to So Eun’s side, careful not to spill the soup. So Eun continued coughing and did not understand one word that came out of the woman’s mouth.

‘Zài zhèlǐ, zhè huì ràng nǐ gǎnjué gèng hǎo,’ the woman said, placing the tray in So Eun’s lap and helped the little girl sit upright. So Eun lifted her hand, which was much heavier compared to how it felt yesterday, and grabbed the silver spoon next to the bowl of soup. The woman assisted So Eun by gently taking the spoon out of So Eun’s hand and feeding her. So Eun looked at the contents of soup on the spoon suspiciously and refused to open .

‘Bùyào dānxīn. Wǒmen bù huì shānghài nǐ. Nǐ zài zhèlǐ shì ānquán de,’ said the woman in a reassuring tone and a gentle smile on her face. The tone in her voice somehow told So Eun that they weren’t going to hurt her, so she opened and let the kind woman feed her.

Once So Eun was done with her soup, she didn’t feel drowsy anymore. ‘Suǒyǐ, xiǎo gūniang, nǐ jiào shénme míngzì (So, little girl, what is your name?)?’ asked the man, crossing his arms.

So Eun looked very confused at the man and did not reply to his question. ‘Nǐ jiào shénme míngzì? (What is your name?)?’ the man repeated louder and more firmer, looking impatient.

‘Qīn'ài de, wǒ bù rènwéi tā shuōhuà huò lǐjiě zhōngguó (Honey, I don't think she speaks or understands Chinese),’ replied the woman, now frowning slightly at the man’s outburst.

‘Ó, nà zěnme bàn, wǒmen gēn tā gōutōng? Wǒmen zěnme zhīdào tā jiǎng shénme yǔyán? (Oh, then how are we supposed to communicate with her? How are we supposed to find out what language she speaks?)’ asked the man, raising his voice.

‘Yěxǔ rúguǒ wǒmen yīngyǔ wèn tā, tā kěnéng lǐjiě (Maybe if we ask her in English, she might understand),’ replied the woman calmly.

‘What is your name?’ she asked in English, but with a Chinese accent. Luckily, So Eun understood that, as she was taught English by a private tutor, as she was a very wealthy child. But So Eun could not respond, as she had forgotten what her name was. She tried very hard to remember her own name, but her mind was blank. Then, it struck her. She can’t remember a single thing about her life. Her family, friends, her name, her birthday, everything. So the little seven year old broke down in tears and shook her head frantically.

 ‘I can’t forget, I can’t!’ So Eun shouted in Korean. The adults stared at So Eun in bewilderment, the man not understanding one word, but the woman understood.

‘Qīn'ài de, tā de yīgè hánguó de háizi (Honey, she is a Korean child),’ the woman said to the man quietly. The man nodded, walking towards So Eun and the woman. ‘Shh, shh, it’s okay,’ the woman said in Korean while rubbing So Eun’s back soothingly. After a few minutes, So Eun calmed down and stopped crying. The little girl wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and looked at the woman’s kind, gentle face. The woman smiled at So Eun, ‘Feeling better?’ she asked. So Eun nodded. ‘Now what is your name, dear?’ she asked softly. ‘I don’t know,’ replied So Eun sadly the tears in her eyes coming back. ‘It’s okay, it’s okay,’ said the woman as soon as she saw a tears appear in So Eun’s eyes. So Eun calmed down once again and said softly, ’I don’t remember anything.’ ‘It’s okay, you know what? We’re going to be you’re new family alright?’ the woman said in a positive voice. ‘My name is Lin, and this is my husband, Jun,’ Lin introduced herself, and then motioned to the man standing awkwardly next to the bed, not saying a word. ‘Sorry about him, he can only speak Chinese,’ Lin explained. So Eun nodded. ‘From now on, we will take good care of you, love you and raise you as our own daughter,’ Lin said, meaning every word. So Eun smiled at her sincerity and smiled and nodded in agreement. A big, happy grin appeared on Lin’s face as she hugged So Eun, like a mother would. ‘Jun, lái zhèlǐ (Jun, get over here),’ Lin said to her husband, Jun. Jun sighed and made his way to his wife and his new daughter. Jun awkwardly joined their little embrace, and So Eun smiled.

X

X

Three years later…

X

X

This is a tale from long ago… long, long ago. It is a tale of the first settlers of this beautiful, prosperous land, now called Earth. This land was ruled by a wise, caring royal family.

And within the royal family, was a handsome prince. Kind, handsome, smart, every young girl’s dreams. Although his image was just like one’s of a celebrity, he was empty inside. He had lost someone he cared for deeply, he almost even loved her. So the prince decided to never love again…

But one girl changed all of that. The girl, although she was a peasant, she had a very strong and kind heart that was able to change the prince. As time passed, they slowly fell in love and decided to be together. ‘This is the start of a beautiful new love,’ said the prince lovingly as he kissed the peasant girl.

But for every beginning, there has to be an end…such as it was for the time they were together…

The king watched their love for each other grow and was not happy with it. One day, the king ordered for his son to meet him in the throne room. The prince wondered what the sudden request was about. New recruits? New allies? Treaty agreements? Possible topics wandered around his mind until he reached his father’s throne room…

Since that fateful meeting with his father, the prince was forbidden to see the peasant girl and was bound to the palace that he now considered to be a prison. Both the prince and the peasant girl were saddened that they could no longer see each other…

So they wait, waiting until they could once again meet…

‘Well? Well? What do you think of that? Pretty nifty, ah? But I’m still tryin’ to work out the ending of this story.’

An old man was standing behind a group of magnificently put-together cut outs that he had created. Inside of his home, he gazed lovingly at the final picture; a couple looking off into space, with their chins resting on their hands, as if they were waiting for something or someone. The old man chuckled to himself as he looked at the cut-out pictures.

‘Well? Do I know how to tell a story or what?’ he chuckled, ‘This is such a fine work…indeed, it is. I haven't done something this good since the day I went to University and quit being a storyteller slash artist. I think I'll call this…mmm…'Couple tragedy!' This is going to probably be the highlight of my career… oh, the people at Gwangju are going to love it! I only do this show once a year, you know. This thing is a blasted masterpiece! A…a…a blasterpiece!’

He turned his head in the direction of the only individual in his audience…and was shocked.

‘Wah? You fell asleep during my magnum opus?’ the old man growled.

On the floor, curled up on a rug, was a young boy of about 14 years of age. He wore a fancy white shirt, tie and black pants, a.k.a. the school uniform. He had black hair that was rather messy but manageable as it fell down just above his eyes, a pair of big, brown eyes, and the loving face of a child at sleep. Of course, he was lucky that he was a light snorer, or else his sleep would have been broken a lot sooner by the old man, who was scurrying over to the young boy's side and grunting to himself.

‘Oh, blast it all!’ the old man growled, ‘Doesn't anybody respect a genius around here? Changmin! For god’s sake, wake up!’

The boy, Changmin, didn't budge. If anything, he snored louder.

The old man sighed. He was really getting too old for this. Taking a deep breath and clearing his throat, he brought his mouth down to the boy's ear, and gave a loud shout.

‘ALRIGHT, YOU SCURVY SEA RAT! GET UP AND ON YER' FEET, YOU SON OF A SEA DOG! I'LL HAVE YER GUTS FOR GARTERS AND YER HAIR FOR ME OL WIG IF I DON'T SEE YE GET UP THIS MINUTE!’

When the old man opened his eyes, Changmin wasn't there anymore. He instinctively took a step back, and with an almighty thud Changmin crashed to the floor from his ten foot leap, his face a picture of absolute fright. The boy shook his head to clear it and then looked angrily at the old man, who was simply laughing his head off in delight.

‘Wha—wah? Chul Yong! What'd you do that for?’

Chul Yong was just laughing to his heart's content at his little joke. He looked like a chu-chu the way he was bobbing up and down in laughter. Wiping a tear from his eye, he got a hold of himself, and sighed. Why did I ever agree to sleep over at Grandpa Chul Yong’s?

‘You know, Changmin, I'll confess that I am a little disappointed,’ Chul Yong said, ‘A lot of good people would pay half their salaries at Gwangju to be in your shoes. As my god-son, you get to see my work, my beautiful works of art, my ultimate masterpieces and lovable depictions of magnificent fairy tales for free!’ he shook his head in discontent. ‘Doesn't that mean something to you? I'm not gettin' any younger, here. This story, along with all the others I've done over the years, may be one of the only things to prove that I existed. I mean, save for my history with the Shim family, I have virtually nothing at all to help people remember me once I go. Can't you pay attention for one minu—CHANGMIN!’

Changmin had appeared to have fallen asleep while sitting down. As Chul Yong began to approach him again, Changmin opened one eye and winked at the old man. ‘I'm only joking around, Chul Yong,’ he said with a smile.

‘The last time you fell asleep on me was no joke,’ Chul Yong muttered, ‘And the time before that, and the time before that. By the mandibles of Daegu, can't you pay attention for one measly minute and listen to an old man's finest creation? Are you even listening now?’

‘Well…sort of,’ Changmin said. He shook his head dizzily. How long had he been out this time?

Chul Yong sighed in defeat and nodded his head. ‘Okay, okay…I can take a hint. Sorry for boring you. You know, come to think of it, most people close to me found my stories boring…even my fellow soldiers,’ he sighed, ‘Ah…to be a soldier again, just like in the old days. Exploring, enjoying the wind in my face… stealing some snacks on the navy ship while the others joked around…’

Changmin thanked the gods that the door knocked before Chul Yong could start ranting on how much that it tired him being the ‘minor’ in the army. Chul Yong looked up as the door opened directly behind Changmin's view.

‘Ah…look who it is! About time your best friend got here. Hello there, Hyun Jung!’

Foosteps entered the house. Changmin turned around and gave his friend a sleepy gaze. Hyun Jung was the heir to the Kim family, a very important family that owned many museums and theatres throughout South Korea. The young boy, around fourteen years old, excelled very well in sports and was Changmin’s closest friend ever since that day. He had light brown hair, dyed of course, and a very serious face that was once playful and carefree. But ever since that horrible incident, he had changed into a completely different person, and so did Changmin.

He gazed down at Changmin with his beady, black eyes, his hair and forehead covered by his styled fringe. ‘Why are you still here, Changmin?’ he asked, ‘You were supposed to meet me about five minutes ago for the Daewon school concert. Come on now…wipe the sleep from your eyes! Chul Yong's stories aren't that boring.’

‘I heard that!’ Chul Yong cried out indignantly, ‘Just because you are the grandson of one of my best friends, it doesn't mean you can't treat me with respect! I'm an old man now, remember?’

Hyun Jung wasn't listening. He had reached down and picked up Changmin by the scruff of his neck with both hands. Careful not to hurt him…too much…Hyun Jung began to shake him around, causing the young boy to get dizzy.

‘Come on, wake up. Wake up, wake up, wake up!’

‘Woaaaah! Woah, woah, woah! Alright! I'm up, I'm up!’

‘Good,’ Hyun Jung growled playfully, ‘because today's a very important day, remember? It's your solo performance thing. You know, the one where there would be real producers and directors that are possibly looking for new talents?’

Changmin felt something like a lightning bolt striked his brain. ‘WHAT?’ Aish …how could he forget? Today was the day that he performed alone in front of thousands of people!

Hyun Jung suddenly let Changmin go. Changmin gave a slight yelp as he fell to the floor, landing with yet another thud. He rubbed his and groaned. Today just wasn't a good day for him.

Hyun Jung sighed and rubbed his temples with a gloved hand. ‘Don't tell me you forgot…You won't amount to much as a puppy if you don’t pull your act together.’

The heir to the Kim family turned and gave Changmin one of his infamous, you get the job done, or you are going to get it, stares. ‘Dude, don't you want to be a star on TV?’ he asked, ‘Well, the concert is at the school! And don’t forget, I have a huge performance too. You don't want to get us late, do you?’

‘Aye, aye, sir,’ he muttered.

Hyun Jung just looked at Changmin before letting out another sigh. ‘Chul Yong…you should really lay off on the romance stories. No matter how annoying he gets, I don’t care how much you need to put him to sleep.’ In the background, Hyun Jung could hear a faint ‘hey’ coming from Changmin.

‘What? Do you think I'm going to waste my precious talents on getting this guy to sleep?’ Chul Yong said hysterically, ‘Man…at the sound of my voice, all he ever does is doze off. All I have to do is read a stop sign and he goes off—THERE HE GOES AGAIN! You'd think an old man would get some respect around here!’

Changmin's face snoring earned him a cuff on the head from Hyun Jung, which sent him back flying to the ground.

‘Will you knock it off?’ Hyun Jung growled, ‘Come on…we're going to be late. Look, I'll be over by the limo. Get your stuff.’

Changmin shook his head clear of the stars forming around his eyes, and nodded to his overly serious friend.

Hyun Jung gave Changmin a satisfactory smile. ‘Alright then,’ he said, ‘See you in five minutes…do not be late. I'll see you later, Grandpa Chul Yong. I'll be sure to say hi to my mother for you.’ And without another word, Hyun Jung walked out the door and closed it shut behind him.

‘You do that, Hyun Jung. Goodbye!’ Chul Yong called out to the young boy.

Changmin stood up and looked out at the door, rubbing the back of his head. Chul Yong just looked at Changmin and sighed. Changmin didn't know if Chul Yong could read his mind, but that sigh was like a mirror to his thoughts. I wonder how life would’ve been like So Eun was here. Happier,brighter, anything better than this.

I miss you So EunChangmin said to himself as he gazed longingly towards the afternoon sky.

X

X

Four years later…

X

X

So Eun was raised in Beijing ever since she woke up in the residence of the Han family’s house. She was now fourteen years of age and looked mature, but she still had that youthfulness she had possessed throughout her life. As she couldn’t remember her real name, Lin and Jun named her Mei Ying. Lin and Jun raised So Eun like good parents. They cared for her, taught her Chinese, provided things like schooling and education, food etc. They even took So Eun to violin lessons where she discovered that she was a natural at playing that instrument. ‘Mei Ying! Would you please come downstairs please?’ shouted Lin, So Eun’s mother from downstairs. ‘Okay, mǔ mǔ!’ replied So Eun as she hurried down the steep flight of stairs in their normal sized house.

Lin looked very happy as she hid her hands behind her back. ‘Mǔ mǔ, what do you have behind your back?’ So Eun asked suspiciously. ‘Well, have you heard of Daewon private academy?’ asked Lin, still having that same grin on her face and ignoring So Eun’s last question. So Eun sighed and answered her mother, ‘Yes, it is the most prestigious school in all of South Korea. Mǔ mǔ, you know that only smart people as well as snobby richies could only enter this school.’

‘Well, when you tried to get that scholarship to Daewon academy, you did very well and received…’ Lin excitedly placed her hands in front of her and revealed what she was holding all along. So Eun gasped. A scholarship envelope to Daewon private academy! So Eun grabbed the envelope and made sure it wasn’t fake. The fine material that the envelope was made out of and the official looking stamp confirmed that it was well and truly real. So Eun’s eyes widened in disbelief. It can’t be… she thought. Then a wide grin made its way to her face.

‘Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!’ So Eun yelled in joy, jumping up and down in happiness, clutching the letter very tightly in her hands. ‘Careful Mei Ying, you tear that envelope!’ Lin warned, but still keeping that smile on her face while she watched So Eun jump in happiness. So Eun then hugged her mother in gratitude. ‘Thanks mǔ mǔ!’ So Eun screamed in happiness. ‘Yes, yes,’ Lin said patting So Eun on the back. ‘Now, you better start preparing. Spend some time with your friends here, pack your things, make sure your room is nice and tidy,’ Lin started listing some things seriously. But before she could finish her little ‘to do’ list, So Eun had already gone upstairs. ‘She sure grows up fast,’ Lin said with a smile on her face, watching as her daughter practically ran all over the house, packing up all her things in her suitcase.

X

X

One week later…

X

X

So Eun couldn’t contain her excitement as she peered at the tall building of Daewon private academy. The school looked very big as it had grand carvings, statues, hedges, gates, and flowers. Few students were walking around campus, so it wasn’t too noisy. So Eun grabbed the handle on the door of the taxi and opened it. She stepped outside in her new uniform. A white blouse with a black blazer, a striped navy blue and white tie and a matching navy skirt. So Eun smiled as she thanked and paid her taxi driver and picked up her suitcases. They were quite light, as she didn’t carry so many things, so she could manage carrying them. She went to student reception to get all the forms and settling in matters out of the way. The stout lady at the desk handed So Eun her room card. So Eun thanked the lady and made her way towards her assigned room. Room 356. Geez So Eu thought to herself how much rooms does this school have?

So Eun searched for her room, but had no luck finding it. The school is just too big. So Eun sighed and continued to search.

‘You need some help?’ asked a boy. He seemed to be a few years older than So Eun, with shiny black hair, that was slightly messy and a handsome face. ‘Uh, yes… I need help finding room 356,’ So Eun replied. ‘Oh, room 356. I’m afraid it’s on the other side of this building. This is the boy’s dormitory,’ he explained. So Eun’s cheeks turned red as she realised she had been looking all over the boy’s dormitory the whole time. The boy chuckled and said reassuringly, ‘It’s okay, I’ll help you find your room.’ Then he motioned for her to follow him as he carried her suitcases.

‘Oh, you don’t really need to carry my bags, I’m okay with carrying them,’ said So Eun as she tried to grab her suitcases from the boy’s grasp. But he moved his hands away in time, but their hands touching for a brief moment. ‘No, no. What kind of guy would I be if I let a lady carry such heavy baggage?’ he asked teasingly, letting that uneven smile creep up onto his lips. ‘But I can manage-,’ before So Eun could finish speaking, he cut her off. ‘Please, let me carry them. Otherwise I won’t forgive myself for not doing so for the rest of the day.’ So Eun sighed as she surrendered. The boy grinned once again and they both walked towards the girl’s dormitory. The more So Eun thought about it, the more she felt that she had seen that boy before. But she quickly dismissed that thought. Little did So Eun know, the boy had similar thoughts to her. She looks so much like…

‘Hey, would you mind if I ask you your name?’ asked the boy. ‘Not at all. My name is Mei Ying. I’m from China,’ she answered with some extra detail. ‘Oh, China,’ said with a slight trace of disappointment etched into his voice. So Eun didn’t understand this. As she was about to ask what was wrong, the boy spoke again, except in a much more positive tone. ‘I’m Changmin by the way. Shim Changmin.’ ‘Nice to meet you,’ So Eun with a gentle smile on her face. Changmin tried to hide the pink blush threatening to appear on his cheeks when he saw her beautiful smile. Snap out of it! He reprimanded himself. The more he looked the more he saw her… But she is from China, so she couldn’t be…

Before long, they reached room 356, So Eun’s room. So Eun thanked Changmin as he gently placed her bags on the floor, next to the door. ‘Thanks Changmin,’ she said in gratitude. ‘No problem,’ Changmin replied. Then an awkward silence stretched between the two, and then Changmin broke it. ‘I should probably be going to my next class.’ ‘Oh, okay,’ replied So Eun, that all-familiar smile once again reappearing on her face. God, here it comes again thought Changmin as he struggled to supress that blush that was going to stain his cheeks very soon. ‘See you around,’ he said in a friendly tone while she replied, ‘Yeah, see ya.’

Then he turned around and made his way down the hall, and to his next class, maths. Too bad he was decided to spend his senior year with people his age instead of going off to University. You see, Shim Changmin is a school prodigy and had skipped three grades and year levels. He knows how to speak French, English, Japanese, Chinese and Italian fluently. But he decided to relive those three years he had missed in University and go back to high school.

So Eun watched Changmin until he was no longer visible. She then turned around and slipped her room card through the little slot and it glowed. Then So Eun twisted the doorknob and opened the door. When she entered her room, she found that one side of the room was decorated in all the shades of pink and the other side was untouched, with a walk-in-closet, bed and bedside table. So Eun began to unpack her things, taking out all of her clothes and placing them in her closet. So Eun placed all of her family pictures and pictures of her friends around the room. She stopped to look at a picture of her family and smiled, missing them already. Then, she heard the door creak. She turned her head towards the source of the noise and found herself staring at a girl, almost her age, with straight, silky black hair that reached her waist and a gentle face. ‘Oh, hello,’ she said while smiling. ‘Hi,’ So Eun replied, doing the same. ‘Oh, so you’re Go Ara’s new roommate,’ the girl said. ‘Nice to meet you.’ I walk towards her and grin. ‘Nice to meet you too.’ ‘My name’s Yoona by the way,’ Yoona said, introducing herself. ‘Mei Ying, from China,’ So Eun replied. Yoona nodded and looked at my side of the room. ‘Pretty decorations,’ she said, admiring them. ‘Thanks,’ So Eun replied.

‘Oh, by the way, I’m just across the hall if you need me. Consider myself your first friend at this school,’ she said, grinning brightly. ‘Okay first friend,’ So Eun said jokingly while giggling. ‘I’ll introduce you to my other friends, Jessica, Tiffany and Sunny. Come on,’ Yoona motioned for So Eun to follow her out of the room. They walked into the cafeteria where there were all sorts of food. Like cakes, tarts, fruitcake, shrimp and so much more. So Eun’s eyes widened as she looked at the assortment of meals before her. Even butlers were present, bringing students meals, and cooks were rushing about, setting the food on the long table on the table nearest to the door. They soon arrived to a table where three girls sat chatting to each other. ‘Hey!’ waved an enthusiastic looking girl at the table. ‘Hi guys. This is Mei Ying. A knew student from China,’ Yoona introduced. I waved at them and some grinned while one seemed uninterested. The enthusiastic looking girl from before introduced herself, ‘Hi! I’m Sunny!’ ‘Tiffany,’ said the girl with brown hair, smiling. ‘Jessica,’ the uninterested one said, examining her nails. ‘Nice to meet you all,’ So Eun said brightly. Yoona and So Eun then sat down in their seats and they all talked and joked around.

Maybe… this school won’t be so bad.

AN: AAAHHH!!!! This chapter’s so long I can’t believe it! Tell me what you think about it and don’t be scared to add some suggestions ^^ I don’t know how to speak Chinese so I looked up those sentences on google translate XD And I decided to make Mir an old man coz I wanted to include him in the story :P

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed reading and the next chapter would hopefully be out by tomorrow!!!

School pics:

 Image Hosted by ImageShack.us 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us 

 

chu ga eul 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us