Chapter 4: The Mysterious Note

Torn

NOTE: Little rascal Jimin has a face! Michelle finally notices what he looks like hence the picture of him for the chapter. 

 

“Oh Noona? Where are you?” shouted Jimin who dared to come to the SM headquarters to find Michelle. He was helplessly walking around, he gracefully walked up to the receptionist desk. “Jogi, do you know where Michelle is?”

 

“Eh? Excuse me?” The receptionist looked surprised and confused on why a young kid (who’s pretty cute too) would come to SM out of the blue.

 

“Well you see, I’m looking for my Noona.”

 

“Ah, well...” She blushed a little seeing his face. “I can be your Noona if you want.” She tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

 

“Well, you can be if you want.” Jimin winks. “But first...” He slowly leans over the receptionist’s desk. She gulps and starts to get flustered. “I need you...” He leans closer and whispers in her ear. “I need you to tell me, where Michelle is.”

 

“I...” She gasps for air. “I honestly don’t know who it is you are looking for.”

 

“Ah, I see.” He pulls away and looks down at the floor. “NOONA!” He jerked his head up and shouted loudly.

 

“Sir, please. Don’t make me call security on you!”

 

“But, but I’m looking for Michelle Noona!” He pouted. “Oh wait, why didn’t I just call her like that?” He smiled proudly at his new idea. “Ya, Michelle Noona! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

 


 

Michelle’s ears perked up. “What the...? She could hear Jimin’s voice. “Oh good lord!” She could hear her Sunbaes whispering away. “God, this kid!” She jumped from her seat and dashed towards the receptionist desk. She saw Jimin helplessly calling her name.

 

“Michelle Noo-mmph!” Michelle swiftly came from behind and covered his mouth.

 

“Can you beat QUIET?!”

 

“Mmph!”

 

“Oh, sorry.” She released him from her grip. She looked around and saw people staring and whispering. “Aish, come with me.” She grabbed his wrist and dragged him outside the headquarters. Jimin was strong enough to release himself from her grip.

 

“Ya, Noona! That hurts.” He rubbed his wrist.

 

“Why are you here? Can’t you see I’m at work AND I’m busy?!”

 

“I know Noona.” He smiles brightly. She glared at him and realized that his hair was blonde, slim body, and sharp jaw line.

 

“Ya, was your hair always blonde?”

 

“Duh Noona. I just retouched today.”

 

“Shouldn’t you be in school?”

 

“Today’s Sunday! Earth to Noona, where is your head?” He flicks her on the forehead.

 

“Ow!” She rubbed her forehead. “Ok seriously, what are you doing here?”

 

“Let’s go get something to eat.”

 

“Can’t, it’s not lunch time.”

 

“Now it is.” Michelle looked at Jimin’s watch on his wrist. “See how I planned accordingly?

 

“Sheesh, alright let’s go. You pick since you dragged me out of my office. I”m sure my Sunbaes have plenty to gossip about. Oh joy!” She rolled her eyes, Jimin snickered.

 

“Alright Noona, let’s go.”

 


 

“Yes, very good! Look towards your left. Very nice.” said the photographer taking pictures of Siwon. “Ok looks like we got some good shots. You can take a break now.”

 

“Ne, kamsahamnida (Alright, thank you).” Siwon smiles at the photographer and sits in the empty chair. Siwon browses through his phone when he sees Junghoon with a bag. “Hyung, what’s in the bag?”

 

“Just some snacks for the crew, we have to be considerate.”

 

“Absolutely, well decided. Have you been in touch with our crew for the arrangements in London?”

 

“Yea, about that...” His voice trailed off.

 

“What happened? Is it serious?”

 

“Well Siwon, one of the main staff members that is supposed to finalize your arrangements caught a pneumonia. And he will be out for several weeks, so I don’t even know if he can help at all.”

 

“! You got too much on your hands to do everything by yourself.”

 

“Ah, thank you for understanding.” Junghoon grins. “So, we’re under-staff but I mean it shouldn’t be a big deal.”

 

“It is a big deal hyung, I don’t want our staff to be over worked with other stuff that may not be familiar with. I don’t want them to be stressed.”

 

“Hm, I’ll see if I can find a replacement.”

 

“Actually, I think I have someone in mind.”

“Who?”

 

“The new girl from the legal team, Michelle.”

 

“Eh?!’

 

“What eh? She speaks perfect English and Korean and I’m sure she can arrange everything quickly and efficiently. So get her on our staff pronto!”

 

“Well yea but...” The photographer came back from his break and asked Siwon to get to the makeup chair.

 

“Do it please Hyung! Ok?” Siwon gave that pleading smile giving no choice Junghoon.

 

“I’ll see what I can do.”

 


 

“Oh man that was good!” Jimin burps loudly satisfied with his meal.

 

“God, you’re gross.”

 

“You know you would get more dates if you would smile more.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Yea I mean, you have a uhh. Wait I saw this online last night, it’s in English.”

 

“Don’t bother yourself Jimin. Thank you for walking me back to headquarters.”

 

“Oh I know, it’s called a b- face!”

 

“EH?!” Michelle snaps. “Are you serious right now?”

 

“Noona, that’s what you have! I mean you’re pretty so I’m only trying to help.”

 

“You have 5 seconds to leave before I punch you in the face!”

 

“Ahaha, bye Noona!” Jimin blows her a kiss before he runs as fast as he can.

 

“Aish, this kid. Now I need to contemplate on what I should say if they start whispering again. To the bathroom!” Michelle marches back into headquarters and walks straight to the bathroom. After a few minutes she decided to head back to her office with her head held high, she gracefully walked to her office and ignored all the whispers; expect one wasn’t a whisper.

 

“So, looks like Michelle got herself a boy toy huh? I always knew foreigners were into those kind of things. That doesn’t look good for our company.” One Sunbae snickered. Michelle stopped in the middle of tracks. She slowly walked towards her Sunbae as she kept on blabbing. “And he looked quite young, s-she...” She gulped seeing Michelle’s stern face.  “She likes the young boys am I right guys?” She looks around and laughs nervously avoiding Michelle’s eyes.

 

“Are you finished?”

 

“Y-yes...”

 

“Good. What I like and the type of men I choose to be with doesn’t concern you. I do what I want, got it?!” Michelle raised her voice.

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“I think you should focus on your work. Now if you excuse me.” Michelle headed back to her office when she realized something stopping her once again. “Sunbae, did you always have that huge mole by your lip?” Her comment caused the office to roar in laughter. Her Sunbae’s color flushed and quickly went back to her desk. “That’s what I thought.” Michelle said to herself. Michelle finally reached her office and saw a vase of orchids sitting on her desk. “Hm?” She looks at the vase and notice a note. She looks at the note baffled, “Who would send this to me? No one in Korea knows that I like orchids.” She carefully opened the note and all it said was “Congratulations!”

 

“Congratulations for what? And what is all these numbers underneath it?” She tilted her head trying to figure out what the numbers were for. “Well, either way no one should see this.” She slightly opened her phone case, slipping the note underneath her phone. “Damn, I’m a genius. I need to find out who this note is from but how?”

 

To be continued....