Chapter 3: Random Rendezvous

Torn

“You want me to do what now?” Junghoon looked confused.

 

“Find out more about the new girl on the legal team, it’s a simple task.”

 

“Ya, why do you care? Did you see the packet?”

 

“Yes, I saw the big packet that only shows a week worth.”

 

“Exactly and like a good boy you will do your work ok?” Junghoon pats his head.

 

“Geez..”

 

~~

Michelle had a rough day at work and the roughness continued on for weeks. Consistent snickering and bullying by her employees and coming home late became a “normal” day at the office. She spent her nights alone in the quiet home, halmoni had a strict routine for herself and the little rascal Jimin was studying his off.

 

“Yea dude, it’s been a terrible few weeks.” Michelle was finally able to reach Chloe after several weeks.

 

“Mhm, it happens you will get through it. Ok now let me tell you what happened.” Michelle just sighed as she had to force herself to listen to Chloe's blab whatever it might be that day.

 

“God dang!” She threw her phone on her bed. “I have to deal with all the problems by myself and not one person is available to hear what I have to say!” She ranted. “ I mean it’s bad enough that I can’t even reach Chloe, I figured out what the time difference was! And when I do call her she pushes away what I have to say!” She plopped into bed and kicked off her shoes. “I’m so done!” She pulled the blanket over her head and curled up into a ball. She tried to close her eyes to forget everything but tears kept flowing soaking her pillow...

 

~~

“Hm, Bugsy I’m not quite sure what I should do.” Bugsy was sitting on Siwon’s lap slowly dozing off as he pet him lovingly. “To be honest, she is very beautiful. She looked fit, really pretty eyes, and nice long hair. Although, I haven’t seen her smile. Should I...?” His flow of thought paused as cute Bugsy started to snore. “Aish! This dog, what to do?” He shook his head and carefully took him into his little bed.

 

~One month later~

 

Michelle had learned to deal with her haters in the best way she knows best, prove them wrong. She had put through mountains of files and legal work but she eased through them with success. She quickly was able to shut those sunbaes up not through words but through action. She spent many lonely and late nights in the SM headquarters but little did she know that there was someone watching.

 

“Oh hey, I heard you we were able to help the L.A. headquarters in one night. It’s impressive.” Said Siwon as they bumped into hall during one late night.”

 

“Ah, thank you.” bowed Michelle and walked away. As she walked away her eyes widened. “Wait, was that.... Siwon from Super Junior.” She stopped in tracks and turned around to see if he was still there. “Oh, he’s gone. God, I have been acting so rude to him! My luck has gotten even worse since I got here.” She huffed and walked back to her office.

 

~~

“Hey, good seeing you. How’s it going?” Another random meet up with Siwon out of the blue.

 

“Um, good I guess. It’s getting late I should get going.”

 

“Alright, good night.” smiled Siwon as Michelle was heading to the copy room.  She was in a daze while making copies of documents. “Why in the world is he talking to me? And why is he still here in the headquarters? Hm? OH CRAP!” Michelle kicks the copier. “Things just don’t go my way do they?”

 

~~

A few nights have gone by and Michelle has been randomly bumping into Siwon. Her anti social ways has surely caused awkwardness every time Siwon attempted to be friendly.

 

Another long night has passed for Michelle in the SM headquarters, since there wasn’t alot of people in the headquarters during the late night, Michelle was able to do some exploring and didn’t realized that they had a decent cafeteria.  Of course with her infamous bad luck there was nobody there and she didn’t want a snack from the vending machine. She did find a topokki vendor a few blocks from the headquarters and brought some for her to munch on.

 

“Wow, this is amazing!” She smiled as she continued to munch on the topokki. “It’s not spicy enough, oh well. Although, I could go for some cupcakes and hot tea.” She looked around the empty cafeteria and got creeped at the quiet atmosphere. “I’m so bored and no one wants to talk to me...”

 

“I’ll talk to you.” Michelle jumped in her seat. She turned around and no one was there.

 

“Pst, right here.” She turned back into the front and saw Siwon sitting right in across from her. “Oo, topokki! My favorite.” Siwon casually reaches over and takes some topokki. Michelle blankly stares at him. “Mmmm, so good. I don’t remember the last time I had topokki like this.”

 

“Well, there’s a vendor a few blocks from here.”

 

“Do you really think I can easily go to the vendor?”

 

“Well, you can try.” Siwon just smiled gently. “Oh, nevermind then.”

 

“It’s ok. So another long night for you huh? Michelle nods. “It’s really late you should get going soon.”

 

“Well, I just want to be ahead on my work. People on the team can be lagging so I don’t want to be those type of people.”

 

“Hm, impressive. But don’t work too hard, it’s not good for your body.”

 

“Yea I know. But I have to work hard, I have to prove to everyone including my parents that I can make it. I have to be strong.” She had determination in her voice but her eyes spoke of sadness.

 

“Ah, I know what you mean. My dad told me that I had to do everything myself if I wanted to be a star...” Michelle ears perked up.

 

“Really? My family called me a failure when I did not do well on the LSAT the first time I took it;  it’s a test that you have to get into law school.”

 

“Oh wow, I had a lot of struggles trying to explain to my dad on what I wanted to do with my life...”

 

This was when Siwon and Michelle started to have a deep conversation about life and their family. It felt like breathe of fresh air for both of them as they talked about their hobbies and some what of their life story. Michelle finally cracked a smile after a few weeks of utter torture,  for her it felt something has been lifted off her shoulders.

 

~Few hours later~

 

“Haha, that’s funny!” Siwon laughed and glanced at his watch. “Oh wow, it’s super late! I should get going.”

 

“Aw, can you stay? Please?”

 

“Oh wow, I would but I need some sleep even if I don’t get enough anyway.” Siwon stood and stretched. Michelle’s eyes narrowed to his shirt slowly showing a bit of his abs.

 

“I understand, well you have a great night.” She stood up and bowed.

 

“Oh, you’re not going?”

 

“I will in a few minutes.”

 

"Ah, well it was nice chatting with you... Gosh I'm so sorry I didn’t even ask your name.”

 

“It’s Michelle.”

 

“Good night Michelle.” Siwon waved and was about to leave when he stopped and came back to her. “Hey, do you have your phone on you?”

 

“Hm? Yea I do.”

 

“Alright unlock it for me.”

 

“Uhhhhh.” She stood there not knowing what to do because her home screen had a picture that she didn’t want him to see. “What are you trying to do?”

 

“Um, n-never mind. Good night.” He smiled and dashed off.

 

“Was he... nah! He wouldn’t give me his number.. would he?”

 

To be continued.....