CROSS PATH

Monday (MonGae) Couple

Song Ji Hyo is called the Baek Chang Joo’s office the following Monday. Cursing to herself on the way to his office. Upon arriving at his front door feeling annoyed, she took a deep and long breath and putting her anger aside. Putting on a strong face she enters the office.

He was reading signing a few papers with his secretary standing beside him when Ji Hyo walked in and she stood in front of him.

“Why you wanted to see me?” she asked.

Without looking at her and continues to read and sign the papers.

“Do I need a reason to see my fiancé? Have a seat.” he shamelessly said.

“Be patient Ji Hyo, be patient.” she said in her mind and sat down.

He signed the last paper and gave it to his secretary. He sighed and finally looked at her.

“Did you have a good time at Busan yesterday or should I say did you have a good time with him?” he asked with a smile – creepy and full of jealousy.

Ji Hyo was not surprised at all by his question or his actions. The moment when he announced the news about the marriage, she takes him as a person who is sick – in the head.

“I had a great time with him – it has been so long since I took a trip to somewhere.” she provoked him to show that no matter what he does it will not affect her and Gary.

“That’s a relived. Gary’s new album is already out for 2 weeks now, have you heard his songs yet?” he asked with a dark gaze in his eyes.

“Not yet but I will listen to it soon – together with him” she said with a smile.

“Great. Be sure to buy his album if you feel like listening because you won’t hear it in the radio or see it on TV.” he said.

Ji Hyo sensed something is wrong – he did something again. She feels like it is a waste of breath and energy to ask him what he has done again to hurt Gary and her. She stomp out of his office and slammed the door feeling pissed off. She immediately called her manager on her way out.

“Did something happen to Gary’s oppa album?” she asked.

“You didn’t know???” he manager asked feeling surprised.

Ji Hyo doesn’t watch entertainment news and when she is busy, she practically doesn’t know what is going on in the entertainment world.

“Know what???” she said feeling left out.

“That Gary oppa songs are banned in broadcasting in Korea for explicit content” she blurted out to Ji Hyo.

“Aish~! I am going crazy already” she cursed and hung up.

She called Gary a few times but there was no answer so she decided to go to his apartment. She rang the door bell a few times but no answer. She waited and waited. Her legs were sore so she squat down and waited until she falls asleep hugging her knees.

Suddenly she feels someone shaking her shoulder and waking her up.

“Ji Hyo-ya~ Ji Hyo-ya~” he said with a soft voice.

“Uh?? Oppa~~~” she said blankly with her eyes half open and smiled.

Gary was kneeling down with one knee looking at her and wondering why is she sleeping in front of his apartment door. She looked up and Gary was smiling – showing all his front teeth to her.

She tried to stand up but her legs wobble and unsteady because she has been squatting in that position for so long that the legs were numb.

Gary caught her before she could fall and carry her – bridal way. She was surprised with her mong face looking at him – but she didn’t resist. Ignoring her reaction, he entered the pass code of his apartment door and of course it was 0815, August 15th – Ji Hyo birthday.

It took a moment for Ji Hyo to figure out that it was her birthday. She was deeply touched and hugged him. He still carrying her and placed her on his bed with him on top of her because her arms are still around his neck.

“You can let go of me now.” he said.

“No. I don’t want to.” She said playfully with aegyo voice, then she paused.

“Thank you so much and I am so sorry” with a grateful and guilt tone in her voice.

Just by listening to her voice, he slowly connected the dots. She found out about the album.

“So that’s why you waited at my front door to thank me for loving you and to punish yourself sleeping in the cold in front of my apartment.” he said jokingly to change the topic.

But he knows exactly why Ji Hyo waited and fell asleep at his front door. It is because she wanted to check on how he is doing and to apologize to him.

He breaks free from the hug and kissed her forehead.

“It’s not your fault and you have nothing to feel sorry or feel bad about.” he comforted her.

“But it is. If I had never approached Chang Joo and get close to him for the contract…” her eyes widened.

Gary kissed her to shut her up and breaks the kiss, looking at her sad eyes.

“That is your past and mistake, it has nothing to do with our love or future.” he said firmly.

When he was about to kiss her again – a deep and long one. Ji Hyo’s stomach suddenly grumbled.

They looked at each other with their eyes widened. Ji Hyo suddenly giggled how bad timing is it was for her stomach to grumble. Gary let out a sigh feeling disappointed and got up to make her some late night dinner.

He was grumbling to himself while cooking.

“Aish~! Why did her stomach have to grumble at the most critical time? What a mood breaker. Haiz~” he said while stirring the pot.

The soup and rice was done. It only took Gary less than 30 minutes to whip up a nice warm late night dinner.

Ji Hyo was already asleep on his bed. He smiles to himself while watching her sleep.

“How can she look so much like an angel when she sleeps.” he murmurs to himself.

He walks closer to her her hair and tucks it behind her ears to give her a good night kiss. He sees that her cheeks are red and when he puts his palm on her forehead – it was burning.

He immediately ran to the washroom, take a small towel and rinse in cold water and put in on her forehead. She must have gotten it while waiting for him.

He took care of her the whole night. When he woke up and feels her forehead the fever was gone.

“What a relieve.” he said to himself.

Gary is cooking breakfast and Ji Hyo was woken up by the smell. She slowly walked to the kitchen and puts her arms around his waist hugging him from behind. Gary was shocked but happy and touched. He turns around to face her.

“How are you feeling? Dizzy? Any headache?” he asked looking at her concerned and worry.

“I am feeling better now. No, I am just hungry.” she smiles.

Gary guide Ji Hyo to the small dining table and tells her that breakfast is going to be ready in a minute. She sat down and looks around his apartment. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain on her right abdominal and she starts having cold sweat. She fell of the chair and landed on the floor, clutching her stomach.

Gary heard a loud ‘thud’ sound and he walks over to the dining table. He panics when he saw Ji Hyo lying on the floor in pain and losing consciousness.

“Oppa~ my stomach hurts.” she managed to say when she saw him running towards her before losing her consciousness.

“Ji Hyo-ya! Ji-Hyo ya! Wake up!” he shouted frantically.

He rushed to the hospital – carrying her to his car and driving as fast as possible. The curtains closed in front of his eyes looking at Ji Hyo lifeless and pale. A nurse walked in to him and asked him to fill all the personal information about the patient – Ji Hyo. He filled in without having any problem. It shows how well he knows her.

After that he walks back to the waiting area.

“Song Ji Hyo-shi guardian.” called the nurse in charge.

He followed the nurse and the doctor took the report file from the nurse and spoke to him and said.

“She has awakened. She fainted because of a few reasons. Her stomach shows inflammation because she has not been taking proper meals at proper times, mild fatigue due to her lack of sleep and her blood pressure is a little bit lower than normal due to stress.” he explained.

“Kang Gary-shi, if not taken care of it will become worse. Please make sure she eat proper meals at proper and fixed time, sleep at least 7 hours a day and do some exercises or fun activities to manage the stress.” the doctor reminded him.

Gary just nodded to everything the doctor said and tries to remember every single thing the doctors said.

He entered the room. Ji Hyo was there resting and waiting for him. She smiled to him when he entered.

“Sorry for making you worry. This is nothing big” she said to him with a smile to ease him.

“What do you mean this is nothing big?!” he asked her raising his voice

“Gary has never gotten angry with me before, he must be really worried and concern about me” she thought to herself.

He got angry at her but actually to her but himself for not being able to protect her. Especially, when she got sick and stressed because of him. He blames himself for all the things that are happening to her and him – even blames himself for falling for her.

“I am so sorry for loving you. I am so sorry for making you love me.” he said looking at her with sad eyes.

He feels that all of this scandal, secret relationship doesn’t have to happen if he can protects her better and save her from all this chaos – save her from Baek Chang Joo.

When Ji Hyo was about to answer him.

“I am sorry again.” he apologizes.

While looking at her with regret and walked away before he says something wrong again. He decides to calm himself down before he comes and see her again. He is so frustrated and angry that he did not see Baek Chang Joo walk past him.

Ji Hyo narrates: Because of my greed for his love is making him feel sorry. I totally understand where he is coming from. If he had never had a crush on me, this will never happen. If he had never touched my heart with his warm gesture and his cheesy lines none of this would have happen. But he is thinking the negative side. If he never had a crush on me I would never felt so in love and happy. He is the best thing that ever happened in my life.

Suddenly, Baek Chang Joo walked in.

“What are you doing here?” Ji Hyo said coldly.

“Visiting my sick fiancé, of course” he shamelessly replied.

The word fiancé make Ji Hyo even sicker.

“I am just here to tell you that our family is meeting soon. I will text you the date. I have not given up trying to have your heart but if I can’t have it, I might as well have the person” he noted.

“You are sick and crazy. I will not attend it! You can meet them by yourself.” Ji Hyo said to him.

“We will see about that. Get well soon.” he said walking out of the room.

Leaving Ji Hyo pissed and annoyed by his words and actions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While he was taking a walk in the hospital area, he felt so tired and sleepy – he took care of Ji Hyo last night. So he decided to buy some hot coffee from the vending machine then he suddenly remembered the first time where there were sparks between them.

[Flashback]

It was running man 10th episode where that is the first time Gary and Ji Hyo was alone in a café in a museum. Ji Hyo kept fanning herself and Gary kept walking back and forth. They steal glances between each other shyly. Gary went out to buy some iced coffee but he only bought one because he didn’t have enough coins to buy two. So he gave it to her and trying to act coolly and she was touched by his gesture. She was kind hearted to pour it in half and share it with him.

[End of flashback]

He smiled to himself while picking up his warm cup of coffee. Then he accidentally bumped into a person – a girl and spilled his coffee on her forearm.

“Ah~ It hurts!” said the girl.

“I am so sorry.” he immediately apologized and taking his handkerchief and wipe the coffee away.

Both of them looked up and it took a moment for them to believe their eyes.

“Oppa!” her eyes widened. “Yura-ah!” his eyes widened. They said it simultaneously.

Then he saw her arm getting red and swollen so he bring her to the nurse and waited for her.

Ji Hyo saw the whole thing and she murmured to herself saying.

“She looks so beautiful.” feeling envious.

When the nurse was done attending her burned forearm, she offered to buy Gary another cup of coffee since she spilled his. Gary tried to decline but she insisted. So they went to the vending coffee machine again.

Gary sat down and they had a very light conversation.

“It been a long time since we seen each other” said Yura.

“Yes. It has been so long. So, how are you?” he said casually.

“I am fine. Thank you.” she said with a smile.

Then suddenly her phone rang and it was her husband waiting for her at the entrance of the hospital. They bid their goodbyes and she left. Gary stood up to walk back to Ji Hyo’s room. There he sees that Ji Hyo standing at the middle of the waiting room looking at the spot where Yura and Gary seated and talked. They made eye contact and Ji Hyo gave Gary a bitter-sweet smile. Gary doesn’t know what to do or say so he just kept quiet. Ji Hyo held his hand and they walk back hand-in-hand to Ji Hyo’s room.

Lunch is served and Ji Hyo just ate a few spoonfuls of rice and claims that she has no appetite and will eat more during dinner. Gary protests saying you must finish your lunch because she didn’t eat anything since yesterday night. Gary steals the spoon and chopsticks from her hand and starts feeding her. She shook to avoid the spoon attack from Gary but no avail. She took Gary’s wrist and moves it to his mouth then he took a bite because he also didn’t have lunch yet. Finally they finished the lunch leaving Ji Hyo full and start yawning cutely.

Gary tucks her to bed and covers her nicely. He gave a kiss on her forehead. He sat down beside her and held her hand. He will not leave until she falls asleep. She wants to hear a nap time story and asked Gary to tell her a story about a rapper loving a ballerina for seven years – story about him and Yura. He was reluctant at first but then he took a deep breath and starts remembering.

“Sometime in the December of 2002, the rapper has successfully released his first album after so much suffering and pain of failure. He decides to go to a night club to celebrate it. Then he saw this beautiful girl and started dancing with her. Both of them were having fun and when he was leaving the club the girl started following him. He slows down his tracks so that the girl can follow him closer. He was a wanderer looking for true love. Suddenly she made him stop his steps without knowing he wanted to. His life has been a runaway since he engraved her in his heart and wanted to be by her side till deaths do us apart. But . . .” he stops.

“But???” said Ji Hyo with anticipation.

“Ji Hyo needs to sleep and rest properly.” he continued.

“Oppa, you are so bad!” she pouted.

He sang her a lullaby and pats her until she falls asleep.

He leaves the room and called Ji Hyo’s manager to come and take care of her. He waited till Ji Hyo’s manager came and left to do his work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was running man filming again. After the marriage announcement was announced, the Running Man PD-nim decides to put the Monday Couple apart for the few episodes. They filmed the 179th and the 180th. The episode is about cooking the first meal of the year on the weekends. The team that wins is Kim Jong Kook and Kyung Sung Ah and both wins gold horses. Gary was teamed with Rainbow’s girl group member Jae Kyung and Ji Hyo was teamed with actor Kim Dong Wook.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the running man members decide to go for a drink and finally had a chance to interrogate the Monday Couple.

“How long you guys have been dating?” asked Jong Kook.

“Yah! Kang Gary how can you not tell me? I am your brother~~~” said HaHa in disbelief.

“Aish! I can’t believe I must call Song Ji Hyo hyung soo-nim.” HaHa said with frustration causing everyone to crack up.

“I am happy that both of my dongseang is happy and finally admitting to love” said Jae Suk.

“Now you guys can put all the gold that you guys have won in to good use” said Suk Jin.

Kwang Soo did not seem surprise at all.

“You knew it all along!?” said Jong Kook playfully grabbing his collar.

“Y-e-s.” he answered while shuttering.

“What?!” HaHa,  Jae Suk and Suk Jin said simultaneously.

“You know how Ji Hyo noona can be scary and I swear that she was going to kill me if I told you guys.” he said while imagining to himself with fear in his eyes.

Both of the Monday Couple just kept quiet and happy to see that the members is so supporting about their relationship.

Jong Kook was sharp enough to sense the gloominess on Gary and Ji Hyo.

“Cheer up you guys, this is just an obstacle to make the love between both of you stronger.” he consoled them.

“Gomawo, hyung!” “Gomawo, oppa” both of them said simultaneously.

“Aigoo~ They even speak at the same time now” he teased them.

They continued on to talk and chat until the wee hours of the morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Baek Chang Joo was leaving the hospital, he saw Gary was talking with Yura and he saw Yura again when he was waiting for his driver at the entrance of the hospital. Yura was fighting with her husband. When he got on the car, he asked his secretary to do a background check on Lee Yura. Later the secretary reported to Baek Chang Joo that she is the girl that Kang Gary used to love – his first love.

“First love never dies. Kang Gary, why don’t I help you to rekindle your old flame?” he said creepily to his secretary and tells his secretary that he wants to meet her.