MEMORIES

Monday (MonGae) Couple

“A man that loves me, shed tears in front of my house. To him, without my love its poverty. He longed for me and my affection.” she answered.

“Knowing someone else took my heart – Kang Gary, which only was a stain but got it bigger and deeper and finally I started thinking about him unconsciously – like a coffee stain on a white shirt that can never be washed away.” she continued with tears slightly flooding her eyes.

Gary couldn’t figure out. That time when the news about her dating her CEO broke, they were awkward and uncomfortable with each other not because she was dating the CEO but because she fell for him – hard. The article was published based on the picture taken the night Ji Hyo and her boyfriend broke up. It was that time when he let her listen to his new song ‘Tears’. He slowly connected the dots.

“I am still under contract with C-Jes Entertainment so Chang Jo-shi decides to release a statement saying we are dating because it will be awkward to be in the same company with him – his company. Both of us have a reputation and career to take care of so everything was handled professionally” she further explains.

“As for just now, while I was organizing your papers I was reminiscing that the memory we had together and when I read what you wrote I just suddenly reminded of the sad break up. Thinking to myself, my wedding dress was not for him. It was going to be someone else’s – for you” she added.

“As for the crying, I suddenly just couldn’t stop myself from tearing. I wanted to run away and cry alone because I feel that the scars that was left in me because I have hurt someone that loves me. It’s a burden I must bear and a pain I have to learn to live with for the rest of my life.” she explained.

He pulled her into his embrace. Ji Hyo responded by hugging him and patting his back.

“Gwenchana, Ji Hyo-ya. I will bear the pain with you. Promise me please not to cry alone and lean on my shoulder.” he console her.

“It was silly of me to think that you were upset because I wrote something about my ex-girlfriend.” he said to her.

“I did.” she replied and paused.

He panicked.

“But only for a moment, because I know it’s hard to forget someone you love so dearly and someone that loves you so much.” she understood him.

“Aren’t you curious about her? Why did I love her so much? Why did I have a really hard time getting over her?” he asked her.

“Yes, I am a bit curious.” she answered and paused.

“But I trust you and know that you will tell when you are ready to tell me about her. I don’t want you to open old wounds that took such a long time to heal just to kill my curiosity.” she continued.

Suddenly the door open, Gary and Ji Hyo broke away from their hug and it was Gil looking at them with a grin.

“I will remember to knock next time. Am I disturbing something important? Or are you guys getting onto it? Bad timing, huh?” Gil asked jokingly.

“Aniya, Oppa we are done talking to each other.” Ji Hyo replied to his joke innocently.

“What do you mean, we are done???” he said it with a frown on his face.

“I was about to give you a kiss if he hadn’t enter” he said cheekily.

“What???” she said loudly and blushed.

“Mianhae, hyung soo-nim. I will knock and wait outside first next time and when you guys are done with each other or whatever you guys plan on doing. Please open the door for me.” he said jokingly and caused everyone to burst in laughter.

“Oh ya, what’s up? You decide to enter and disturb my sweet time. Better make sure it’s important.” Gary asked Gil with funny expression.

“What you guys did until you guys lost the track of time? Its dinner time! I enter to ask you to have dinner with me, but I guess probably not because…” eyeing at Ji Hyo.

“Oh no, you guys go ahead. I have filming later and it’s almost 7.00pm now. I better go.” she said to Gil with a smile. Looking at the time in her phone and walking towards the door.

Gary grabbed her hand to stop her.

“You still need to eat and take care of your health” he said with concern.

“I will ask my manager to pick something up for me to eat before the filming” she assures him.

“I will take picture while eating to ease you. Maybe even a video for you. So don’t worry.” she added.

“Okay, send lots of it” he said seriously and finally let go of her hand.

She smiled in amusement.

“Faster, let’s go eat. Hyung, your goodbye is taking too long. My stomach is grumbling already.” Gil said annoyingly to Gary.

Ji Hyo phoned rang and it was her manager saying she reached the front of the building already. Ji Hyo bid her goodbyes with both of them and went down.

Gary and Gil went out to have dinner and came back to the studio after that. Gil noticed there are two cups of coffee that are still untouched but had gone cold.

“Aren’t you guys supposed to have a memorable evening listening to your new song and enjoying coffee?” he asked.

Gary sighed and said “Something happened but we cleared the air already”

“Oh I see. I am glad” he said with a smile.

They stayed up all night to finish giving some last minute touches on the album. Even though this Gary’s solo album, Gil as a brother and a very close friend gives suggestions and opinions on it. Especially Gary is very nervous whether this album will be well received by the listeners and fans or not, Gil will comfort him and lend him ears to his concern and complain.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ji Hyo finished filming quite late that night. She was so tired that the moment she reached home, she just wants to slip into her pajamas and just sleep. But then she saw a missed call and a text from Gary.

To: Mong Ji

Where are the pictures??? I was really disappointed when you didn’t send them. Our Mong Ji looks the cutest when she is eating. ^^ Not forgetting prettiest when she is angry. :P

From: Gaelly

 

She replied.

To: Gaelly

I will send them now. (She sent a few pictures of her in her bed with her bare face in pajamas. Making lots of funny and aegyo expressions). How do I look???

From: Mong Ji

 

Gary smiling away like Stupid Ondal, makes Gil gives him a weird stare and a smirk. He shakes his head in disbelief thinking “This is not the Gary I used to know.”

 

Gary replied with concern and a little upset.

To: Mong Ji

You look really beautiful. But don’t try to distract me. You skipped your dinner didn’t you? >o

From: Gaelly

 

Ji Hyo replied.

To: Gaelly

Aniya, I had kimpab (Korean rice rolls) and pickled radish with a cup of hot Americano. I was so hungry that I finished it in moments. By the time I finished I only remembered to take pictures but all of it was already in my stomach. Hehe~! ^^V

From: Mong Ji

 

Gary replied

To: Mong Ji

Don’t eat light food too much. Remember to have proper meals (with rice and meat). Have a full Korean meal if possible.

From: Gaelly

 

Ji Hyo giggled at his ridiculous statement and replied.

To: Gaelly

Hahaha! I don’t have time for that, Oppa. I always do when possible. My love for food is more than anything.

From: Mong Ji

 

He frowned and replied.

To: Mong Ji

You must make time. Of course you do, I love that my Mong Ji eats so well when she can. It’s a relief to have 3 restaurants – enough to satisfy your food cravings when you are pregnant and you won’t have to worry about starving when you marry me. You love food more than me??? :<

From: Gaelly

 

Ji Hyo replied.

To: Gaelly

Hahaha! I think I will become a fatty when I marry you. Will you still love me then? Maybe I love you more than food by a little bit – just a little~ Hehe. ^^

From: Mong Ji

 

Gary replied.

To: Mong Ji

I will love you no matter what – even when there are wrinkles all over your face and even all your hair turns white. Only by a bit? Can’t it be a little more? :<

From: Gaelly

 

Ji Hyo replied.

To: Gaelly

Since I am so touched by the promise you have made. I love you more than food, Kang Hee-Gun~!

From: Mong Ji

 

Gary replied.

To: Mong Ji

That’s better. You better get some rest now. I am sure you are tired from all the filming. Good night! Don’t dream of me. <3

From: Gaelly

 

Ji Hyo replied.

To: Gaelly

You too. <3

From: Mong Ji

 

Gary slept with a smile on his face that night on a couch at his studio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Gil woke Gary up hurriedly as if there was a fire in the building and need to run for their lives.

“Hyung! Please, I slept very late last night. Don’t wake me up unless there is a fire in this building.” he sounded annoyed mumbling away with his eyes half open and pulling his blanket up to his face.

“There is a fire!” Gil shouted almost screaming.

“What?! Where?!” shaking his head frantically. Getting up on his feet half awake.

Gil made him sit and turn on the laptop that is on the coffee table.

 

 

Headline: LeeSSang’s duo rapper Kang Gary seduced CEO of C-jes Entertainment girlfriend actress Song Ji Hyo.

Headline: Did actress Song Ji Hyo had a change of heart, swayed by Kang Gary or having an affair while dating the CEO of C-jes Entertainment?

 

Gary’s eyes widened and slowly filled with anger and disbelief. He looks like as if he was about to punch the publisher and the writer of the article.

Both Gary and Ji Hyo has become overnight internet stars and being the most-searched celebrity right now, skyrocketing to the top of the internet search engine.

In the midst of all this chaos and mess the first and the only person that he could think of and worry most is his Mong Ji.

He picked up his phone to call her and check up on how she is dealing with this, but no answer. He was about to pick up his car key and head to her apartment. He was stop by his manager, Mr. Choi.

“Please don’t stop me. I must go and check on her. I might murder someone if I don’t.” he said firmly.

“I am sure her house is flooded with reporters and you will only make it worse for her showing up at her house” he explained calmly.

“Be patient for her not for yourself” he added

All he can do now is just to wait for her to call him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ji Hyo was woken up by the loud banging sound of her apartment door.

“Ji Hyo-ya! Ji Hyo-ya! Knock! Knock! Bang! Bang!”

“What!!! What???” she said with her eyes half open.

She stumble and wobble to reach for the door.

“Yes~ Yes~ I’m coming~~~” she mumbled half asleep with her ‘mong’ expression.

She opened the door. It’s her manager. She looks frantic and worried.

Ji Hyo had worked together for more than 10 years now. They are like sisters and best friends. Even though sometimes they fight and have disagreement the love each other no matter what. When Ji Hyo dated Gary – secretly, her manager was the one helping her and listens to her when she talks about how she feels and her concerns on love and relationships.

“Eonni~ What are you doing here so early in the morning???” she said

“You know that I finished filming very late last night, just let me sleep. I need it.” she grumbled.

Ji Hyo’s manager switched on the tab that she was carrying and showed it to Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo was of course shocked and panicked. She couldn’t believe what is happening. The tabloid is so mean and cut-throat.

“Oh my God~! Gary Oppa” her eyes widened.

She is searching for her phone frantically to call and check up on him. When she found the phone it was out of battery.

She borrowed her manager’s phone to call him. Gary on the other hand was pacing around – back and forth in his studio with his phone in his hands and answered immediately.

“Oppa, I am really sorry!” she said with a lump in .

“It’s okay, Ji Hyo-ya~ I promise everything is going to be fine.” he comforted her with his soft voice.

“Oppa~~~” she burst into tears.

Gary’s heart broke into a million pieces. He could not think of anything say to make her feel better.

Ji Hyo’s manager and Gary’s manager is trying to find a solution to this problem. C-Jes Entertainment and Jungle Entertainment had emergency meeting regarding this matter and to find solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ji Hyo had broke up with the CEO a more year ago but never made it public because both agreed to keep it in the dark until her contract expires on 1st July 2014. After that only, they want make an official statement about her and Gary being in a relationship.

She felt like as if somebody is trying to prevent that from happening. The timing seems odd; right before her contract with C-Jes Entertainment expires, a scandal decides to break.

She stayed at home for a few days because she couldn’t go out of the paparazzi and all the drama and CF shooting is postponed. While she was at home she decides to clean her house because there was nothing for her to do – the TV frustrates her because of the scandal, she can’t go out, she is cut out from all form of communication.

Looking at her messy apartment with amazement how unbelievably messy it was. Ji Hyo is busy with filming all the time and when she gets home, she uses all her time at home to sleep – she can go up to 12 hours of sleeping straight if no one wakes her up.

“Daebak~!” she said with her mong face.

She starts cleaning by picking up her clothes – on the couch, bed, floor, toilet and snippets of memories between her and Kang Gary helping her clean flooded her mind.

“Ji Hyo-ya, now I know why you are so sensitive about people talking or going to your house.” said Gary while picking up her clothes from everywhere and throwing it in the laundry basket like playing basket ball.

It was almost dinner time, she can’t go out and she feels sorry for her manager unni to bring food for her because for sure she is busy with all the things had happen – scandal, postpone filming and CF shooting and to go through to amount of paparazzi to reach her front door – she might die in the sea of paparazzi. Therefore she decides to cook – not a good idea.

Trying to cook rice with the rice cooker that she barely uses, taking out all the banchan (side dishes) that her mother sent from the fridge and one more thing missing – seaweed soup.

She looked at the recipe that was on the refrigerator door – she printed it not long ago because she wanted to cook for Gary as a romantic gesture and to make memories.

While she was reading it and making the soup, she suddenly remembered.

“Aish, Ji Hyo-ya~ you might burn or hurt yourself if I don’t stop you now. Or maybe you might even set the kitchen on fire” Gary said it with her eyes wide open and with great concern and took over the cooking.

Dinner was served. She seated down and starts digging in her soft over-cooked rice (almost became porridge) and tasteless-watery seaweed soup. Then Gary crossed her mind again.

“This is the best meal I have ever had in my life! You cook better than my mum. – his mum cook way better. He is not saying to make her feel better – it is because he loves her.” said Gary avoiding eye-contact. Ji Hyo finds it cute and forgives him.

“How can I forget you while you have given me so much to remember” she murmured to herself blankly and took another bite.

 

Running man episode was filmed earlier so it was broadcasted as usual. She wanted to call Gary but her manager asks her to lay low. Gary’s manager too said the same thing.

 

Gary on the other hand feels confused and frustrated. Snippets of memories of Ji Hyo also flooded in his mind. He was about the grab a pack of cigarette to smoke but Ji Hyo’s voice echoed in his head saying,

“Oppa, smoking is bad for you.” pouting her lips while looking at Gary with worried and angry eyes.

He threw the cigarette pack away and head to the boxing gym to let out his frustration. While he was punching, Ji Hyo’s voice echoed in his head again.

“Oppa, you look really handsome and cool when you are boxing” she said with her eyes wide open in amusement.

He punched harder on the sand bag to get her out of his mind but eventually it makes him think of her more.

It was almost dinner time. He went to some vendor shop to buy some ‘Kimbap’ (Korean rice rolls) and decides to have a drink after that.

When he was drinking, he remembers the first time that he went out drinking with her for the first time after two years of knowing each other. She got drunk after a while, he was surprised because he thought she could handle alcohol but he was wrong.

“Oppa, your face looks so ugly tonight” she said drunkenly to him with her mong face. He chuckled at her because of her strong remarks on his face.

He took another shot of soju and murmured to himself saying, “Mong Ji, you are in my mind all the time and every particle in my body is loving you. How can I live without you?”

 

Gary narrates: To have a memory with someone or a memory of someone, it doesn’t need to be fancy, expensive or glamour, sometimes the sweetest and most memorable are those random, normal everyday stuff that we do together or with that person you love – cleaning, cooking, eating, walking, texting, holding hands, piggyback, hugging and many more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, CEO C-Jes Entertainment held a press conference stating it is true that Song Ji Hyo will not renew her contract and the scandal between her and Kang Gary is not true because she is getting married with him, Baek Chang Joo.