Chapter 3: Birth of Monday Couple

The Monday Couple Journey

Episode 8


Gary’s POV:

‘Aigoo, Song Jihyo-ssi is really cute and pretty. She’s really funny too, her antics never fail to make me laugh during Running Man. Wait, Kang Hee Gun, what are you thinking! You’ve know her for less than 2 months, it’s not possible right, you couldn’t have… fallen in love with her?! Andwae! Kang Gary snap out of your trance, you only treat her as your cute dongsaeng, how can you be in love with her?’ Gary was berating himself.

‘Yah Jihyo, seriously, what are you good at?’ Sukjin asked Jihyo.

‘Sarang?’ I blurted out.

‘YAH KANG GARY, MICHYEOSSO? Yah what’s wrong with you! Are you crazy!’ I was really flustered as I thought to myself.
 

‘Yah Gary, you like Jihyo, don’t you?’ someone asked me but I didn’t notice who as I was still busy scolding myself.

‘Oh my god. What to do now.’ I was going mad.

‘Oh this looks fun!’ I said as I played chopsticks spear, and successfully diverted the attention away from me.

‘Hope Jihyo doesn’t think too much of it!!’ I was sweating by this time.



Jihyo’s POV:

‘Sarang?’ Gary oppa blurted.

I started laughing because that sounded ridiculous, but coming from Gary oppa, it was more of a ‘You’re cute’ laughter, than a ‘You’re crazy’ laughter. Gary oppa was blushing by the time he diverted the attention using his chopstick spear method. ‘ Kang Gary, you’re quite smart at times, stop blushing so much, are you that embarrassed!’ I chuckled by myself.


EPISODE 15:

Jihyo’s POV:

‘This is a 1 v 9 challenge, and the mission is to raise Jihyo-ssi’s heartbeat to above 130 beats per minute. The winners will get Running Balls!’ The PD announced.

‘These guys are going to lose! Calm down Jihyo, calm down.’ I calmed myself down. I had to win to get the Running Ball.

It was Kwangsoo’s turn for the warm-up round.

‘Have you been drinking again lately?’ Kwangsoo framed me and my heartbeat must have risen, given how hard I was laughing. But in the end, Kwangsoo still didn’t manage to raise my heartbeat above 130 bpm (beats per minute).

I knew it was Gary oppa’s turn and for some reason, my heartbeat started rising even before he started.

‘Yeoboseyo?’ Gary oppa asked in his charming low voice.

‘Yeoboseyo?’ I replied calmly.

‘I love you’ Gary oppa said coolly.

My heartbeat went up to 120bpm all of a sudden, and I wasn’t sure whether it was because I got a shock, or whether…

‘Every single particle in my body is loving you.’ Gary oppa went further, and my heartbeat went up to 136bpm, crossing the 130bpm limit. ‘Omo Jihyo-yah, stay calm’ I thought to myself. ‘Calm your heartbeat Jihyo! You don’t like Gary oppa, you just find him really funny! Yeah that’s right. Your heartbeat rose so much because you’re laughing too much! That’s it, you don’t like Gary oppa!’



Gary’s POV:

‘Whatever, I’m just going to go in for the kill.’ I thought.

‘I love you.’ I said to Jihyo. Surprisingly, those three words rolled off the tip of my tongue easier than I have expected. What’s even more surprising, was what I managed to say next, without even thinking.

‘Every single particle in my body is loving you.’ Why did these words come so easily? Is it because I’m a lyricist, so all these mushy lines can just appear without thought? Or… or is it… that I really feel this way towards Jihyo? Gary ah, this is just a game, you’re trying to win, that’s why you’re coming up with all sorts of ridiculous lines. You got Jihyo’s heartbeat to rise over 130bpm! That’s a success! You just want to win, so your mushy lines just come right up! You, don’t like Jihyo, Kang Gary.



Both Gary and Jihyo knew deep down in their hearts however, that there was something they felt about each other. They knew that such a feeling was not sibling love. They knew that such a feeling, was love.

Thus, as things between the Monday Couple was going well, Jihyo decided to take it a step further to make Monday Couple official on Episode 16,  after discussing with her manager unnie. They both agreed that being in this love line would serve to further define the role she had in Running Man. However, Jihyo didn’t want to be the Monday Girlfriend because of her career, but because she realised, she truly liked Kang Gary. Even if Gary didn’t like her off-screen, Jihyo would still be able to feel his on-screen love for her in such a love line.

‘On Mondays, I got myself a man.’

This, is the start of Monday Couple.

 


Author: Hello! This is about the end of the Introduction of how Monday Couple started. The future chapters will focus more on their off-screen interaction, so I think it would be more interesting! And if there is anyone who actually liked the first 3 chapters, I'm sorry but I won't be able to update this week, earliest I can update should be on 8 July, as my examinations end on that day. Please subscribe and comment! Thanks so much!!