Chapter 2: First Experiences

The Monday Couple Journey

Next day (Running Man Filming):

Jihyo’s POV:

‘Oh Jihyo-ssi!’, everyone exclaimed as I made my appearance.

‘Annyeong!’ I greeted shyly, and we proceeded to the choosing of teams.”

Kwangsoo, being the first one to reach the location had chosen Haha oppa, Gary oppa, Jaesuk oppa, and myself, to be on the team.’ Aish, I’m only close to Jaesuk oppa and Haha oppa. Hoping that it wouldn’t be awkward between us! Song Ji Hyo, just do your best and have fun! Hwaiting!’ Jihyo thought to herself.



‘And CUT, kamsahamnida everyone, thank you for being so much fun, and being so lively even though we filmed through the night! Have a good rest everyone!’ the PD thanked us. Even though it was the first time meeting Gary oppa and Kwangsoo, I felt like I had knew them for a long time! We talked so much during the breaks and I’m really happy to be able to have made friends with them. But… I’m after all just a guest. I doubt I’ll keep in contact with them again…



Two days later:

‘Jihyo –ah, the Running Man PD called to ask whether you are free next Monday, he says the PDs were very happy with your performance and would like to invite you to be a guest again next Monday! Aren’t you happy?’ Jihyo’s manager asked.

‘Omo, Unnie are you serious? Of course I’m happy! It was really fun last Monday! And I made new friends too! I want to guest on Running Man again!’ Jihyo replied with no hesitation. Jihyo wanted to go back to Running Man not just because it was fun, but because she felt like it was a family. Having lived alone for around 6 years, Jihyo has not felt the warmth of a family, as much as she did during Running Man filiming last Monday. She was more than excited to be a guest for Running Man again.


Monday:

‘Jihyo-ssi, amongst us there are a few of the guys who like you.’ Jaesuk quipped.  

‘Haha and Jongkook both like you!’ The other Running Man members framed.

 ‘This feels like a real family, I really like this feeling!’ Jihyo thought, while at the corner of her eye, she saw Kang Gary smiling at her. Jihyo turned to look at Gary, and Gary, upon seeing that she was looking straight into his eyes, turned away immediately and blushed slightly.

‘Ah does Gary oppa like me or something? Blushing so easily, kyeupta(cute)!’ Jihyo thought.



Three days later:

‘Jihyo, can I ask you something serious? Do you like Running Man?’

Upon hearing ‘Running Man’, Jihyo immediately thought of the little scene where Gary blushed after she looked at him. ‘Yeah, Unnie, why did you ask me that?’ Jihyo asked her manager while smiling.

‘Because this is going to be good news for you! The PDs of Running Man called to say they really liked your performance as a guest in Running Man, and would like to invite you to be a part of the permanent cast, starting from Episode 7!’ Jihyo’s manager exclaimed.

‘Jjinja? Omo Unnie, that’s the best news I’ve heard so recently! Thanks Unnie!’ Jihyo shrieked in excitement and hugged her manager so tight, she couldn’t breathe for a while.

From this point on, Running Man was going to be a big part of Jihyo’s life, on screen and off screen.