Chapter 14: Petty Revenge

The Monday Couple Journey

‘Song Jihyo is having a shoot for that skincare product today right? Call the company and tell them Jihyo is sick all of a sudden and arrange for another female celebrity to take her spot.’ Baek Chang Joo mindlessly quipped at his secretary.

His secretary meekly replied, ‘But Boss, the company specifically instructed for Miss Song Jihyo to be the spokesperson for their products, its not very nice to-‘

‘Not very nice to what?’ Baek Chang Joo rudely interrupted. ‘They should count their lucky star I even agreed to let my artistes be their spokesperson. They have no right to choose who, so just send some female artiste, anyone but Song Jihyo.’

Upon receiving his instructions, the secretary just nodded and left the office to proceed with the instructions.

‘Let’s see how long you can continue being with that ‘Gary oppa’ of yours my dear, now that you need to choose between your career and him.’ Baek Chang Joo gave a sly smirk that warranted a punch across his face.
 



‘Hello? What? How can he do this, that’s not fair?! Hello, hello?!’ Jihyo’s manager unnie screamed into her phone, causing Jihyo to raise an eyebrow at her.

‘You will not believe what just happened. Your pighead CEO Baek Chang Joo just cancelled your shoot with the skincare company that you were supposed to go to this afternoon, and transferred it to another artiste!’ Jihyo’s manager spoke furiously.

‘What? Did he say the reason or anything? I don’t think I did anything wrong?!’ Unless…’ Jihyo’s mind wandered off to somewhere, knowing very well the reason for Baek Chang Joo’s behaviour.

‘Yeah, you know it too don’t you, Jihyo. What a loser! He’s obviously trying to make you choose over your love or your career! What a low-life scum!’ Jihyo’s manager seemed to be more angry than Jihyo. Jihyo was surprisingly calm, maybe because she knew that Baek Chang Joo was going to try and break them up. The next thing she did was instinctive to her, to call up Gary and let him know what was going on.


‘Yah Jihyo ah, I rushed here after receiving your call. So… what do we do now?’ Gary asked with a concerned expression on his face.

‘I’m not sure as well… I know I can’t lose you, but my career is important to me as well. We need to think of a good way such that I don’t compromise either. Aigoo Kang Gary tell me what to do…’ Jihyo said with a pout.

‘What I think you can do is go to your office tomorrow and really sit down for a talk with your CEO. Hopefully his brain hasn’t fully malfunctioned and has some logic left in him to know that love cannot be forced. Let him know that doing this will not make you love him, but instead will make you detest him even more. ‘ Gary gave Jihyo some advice.

‘Yeah, I guess that’s the only thing I can do now, I’ll go confront him tomorrow about it. Enough of all this depressing talk… let’s go get some dinner!’ Jihyo said as her stomach rumbled.

‘You are always hungry! I really wonder how you manage to keep so slim even with all the eating. When we get married, your veracious appetite will blow a huge hole in my wallet I swear.’ Gary commented playfully.

‘Yah, who said I was going to marry you?! Don’t be too full of yourself Kang Hee Gun!’ Jihyo teased with a slight blush.

Gary gave a wink and said ‘How about we order some jjajjangmyun and eat at home instead. We can watch some DVDs while eating. It’s quite cold outside now, I wouldn’t want to see my baby catch a cold.’

'You're such a kid Kang Gary, but you're such an irresistible one.' Jihyo said as she planted a kiss on Gary's cheek. 

With that, they called up the jjajjangmyun shop and ordered their dinner, while having that unsettled feeling deep down in their stomachs, not knowing what would happen tomorrow.
 



Author’s Note: Hi guys I am finally done with my exams and I am so thankful to be back here to continue the story! This isn’t a super exciting chapter and isn’t a long one as well, so do wait a little while more for the next chapter which hopefully will be more exciting and interesting. In the meantime, thank you all for the 6270 undeserving views, but please do subscribe/upvote if you’re interested to see how things turn out! Thanks again, much love!