Chapter 9: Good Turned Bad (I)

The Monday Couple Journey

‘Jihyo-ya, Jihyooo~’ Gary sang teasingly. ‘Wake up my baby, it’s morning already^^’

Jihyo opened her eyes slowly, as the sunlight was too strong. She had her trademark mong face and she gave a big yawn. She then took a deep breath like she does every morning when she wakes up. But today, it was a little different. She smelt something really good, it smelt liked a café somehow. She rose from the couch, neck feeling  little stiff from the ‘Thigh Pillow’ yesterday night. What greeted her gave her an utter shock. On her dining table, there were two plates with sizzling hot food, and two cups of coffee, and a little vase with stalks of flowers in the middle of the table.

‘Oppa! You made all these food? Wow Kang Gary!’ Jihyo turned to Gary and asked.

‘Yeah, I am Kang Gary the chef! Go and wash up and we can have our breakfast!’ Gary urged Jihyo.

After washing up, Jihyo and Gary walked to the table with their fingers interlocked. They then started to have their lovebirds’ breakfast and also chatted over some small things.

‘Is yours Caramel Macchiato?’ Jihyo quipped.

‘Anni, it’s Americano too.’ Gary replied.

‘Moya? I thought you only drank Caramel Macchiato? You said you don’t like bitter drinks like Americano.’ Jihyo said as she took a sip of her own coffee.

‘Ah gwenchanna, I thought I should try something new!’ Gary said as he took a sip of his coffee, and immediately gave a ‘ugh’ expression. Americano was indeed too bitter for him. Jihyo looked at his expression and laughed, causing Gary to laugh together with her.

‘Jihyo-ya, oppa will go back home and to my studio later first. I need to work on some things and also get a change of clothes. I’ll call you again later to pick you up okay?’ Gary said.

‘Ah okay oppa, sure!’ Jihyo said with a little sadness. She thought she could spend the whole day with Gary. Apparently Gary could sense it, and tried to cheer her up.

‘Ah Jihyo, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder, so a separation of a few hours is just going to make me love you more. Don’t be upset!’ Gary then gave Jihyo the puppy-eyes look, melting Jihyo’s heart.

‘Okay oppa, I’m going to miss you, even if it is just for a few hours!’ Jihyo said as she gave Gary a peck on the cheek, only to be ree on her forehead.

After washing the dishes and finishing up their coffees (Gary had to put 3 teaspoons of sugar), Jihyo opened the door for Gary, and gave him a back hug.

‘See you later, oppa’ Jihyo said.

‘Bye Honey!’ Gary chirped as he made a heart shape with his hands.

After Gary left, Jihyo went to the kitchen to check if there were any plates to dry. She saw a receipt, however, on the preparation table. The contents wrote, ‘Breakfast Set x 2, Americano x 2’. Jihyo then smiled to herself.

Ah, this Gary oppa. He bought take away, he didn’t make the breakfast himself! At least he prepared breakfast for me! Jihyo, what are you complaining about! This is why you love Gary oppa isn’t it? This is the charm that you feel in love with! Haha, Gary oppa is really too cute, leaving evidence of his ‘crime’ behind. This man...


*ring ring*

Jihyo: Ah Gary oppa? You’re reaching in 10 minutes? Alright, I’ll get changed and go down to meet you soon! See you!

Jihyo rushed to her bathroom to take a quick shower while whining about how Gary only called her 10 minutes in advance. After drying herself, she ran to her room to pick out a plain white tee, some slim fitting jeans and a casual grey cardigan. She then grabbed her sunglasses, a cap and a mask and proceeded downstairs to meet her man.

As she got out the lift, she saw Gary’s car parked in front of her. As she approached the car, she saw no one seating at the driver’s seat.

Where’s Gary oppa? Did he go get some~

Jihyo then got interrupted by a tap on her shoulder. She spun herself around, only to be greeted by a stalk of rose.

‘My lady, may I invite you into the carriage that I have specially prepared for you?’ Gary said in a majestic tone.

‘Moya, isn’t this your car? There isn’t much special about it, oppa.’ Jihyo pretended to be annoyed.

Gary gave her a cheeky grin. ‘Open the door Jihyo, open the door first!’

Jihyo gave a quizzical look and opened the door just like Gary asked. As she opened the door, she saw her seat being decorated with rose petals. Her seat had a heart shaped with petals, with the letters ‘KG & JH’ on it. Jihyo had a smile on her face that showed that her heart has melted. Even though it wasn’t anything particularly romantic, she just felt like Gary really loved her.

‘Yah oppa, are you trying to make me sit at the back? Do you not want to sit with me?’ Jihyo teased Gary.

‘Ah, anni! Jihyo ah, don’t play with me like that! You’re making me sweat’ Gary panicked.

‘Alright oppa, let me take a picture before I clear this up!’ Jihyo said.

They then got on the car and Gary drove to the secret date spot he had planned out. As Gary drove, Jihyo looked out of the windows. Jihyo loved looking at sceneries, but since she rarely had rest days, she always stayed at home to rest when such days came.

‘Wow, these places are really beautiful…’ Jihyo thought to herself. She then turned to look at Gary, who was staring intently at the road behind his sunglasses.

‘But with Kang Gary in it, it’s even better…’ Jihyo smiled while thinking.


‘We’re here, my princess!’ Gary exclaimed.

Both of them got out of the car and in front of them was a beautiful beach, with such clear waters and sparkling sand. The beach was in its best condition as it was remote, one which almost nobody visits, which made it the perfect date spot for the couple. Gary grabbed a picnic basket from the boot, and grabbed Jihyo’s hand and walked together to a nice spot. They both set up the picnic mat, and took everything from the basket out, but there was no food… Gary then ran up to his car again to get something. It was a little pink box, something that looked like it was from the bakers.

‘Jihyo, for you ^^’ Gary gave the box to Jihyo.

She opened the box and inside were 8 macaroons, each a different color, with the letters ‘I LOVE YOU’, each on 1 macaroon.

‘Jihyo, oppa isn’t the most romantic man, and what I can do for you to make you happy may be very cliché and cheesy, but I still hope that you like all these small things I can do for you.’ Gary said.

‘Oppa, I don’t need a man who surprises me with huge things. I need a man who can love me, and small surprises are sometimes better than extravagant ones. Thank you oppa, for today.’ Jihyo replied him.

Jihyo then leaned on Gary’s shoulder, both of them looking at the sea, while eating the macaroons filled with love. After polishing of the delicious French macaroons, they drank some juice that Gary brought as too much coffee was bad for health.

‘Ah oppa, did you just bring macaroons? I mean, it’s sweet and all, but also really tiny. I’m hungry already…’ Jihyo complained.

‘Oh… Me too actually. Let’s go for some proper dinner!’  Gary said while rubbing his tummy.


In 20 minutes, both of them reached a nice cosy restaurant selling all types of ddeokbbokki, flavours that one could not imagine exist! However, both of them ordered the original one, and a few more conservative ones. As both of them had their masks and sunglasses on, nobody recognised them, and they were treated as normal citizens, just like they wished to. After collecting their food, they went to sit outside of the restaurant as everyone dining there was inside. They both took a ddeokbboki and placed it in their mouths. Even though the flavours were not those that were new or unique, it was still very much delicious. One plate of ddeokbbokki was almost finished in an instant, and onoly 2 ddeokbbokki were left.

‘Yah Jihyo-ya, can we do something?’ Gary requested.

‘What do you want to do, oppa?’ Jihyo replied.

‘Can we do a love-shot? But with the ddeokbbokki… A love-bbokki?’ Gary smiled.

‘Haha! Oppa, you are so childish, but whatever! If it makes you happy!’ Jihyo agreed.

Just as they picked up the ddeokbbokki and wanted to do a ‘love-bbokki’, Jihyo felt a tap on her shoulder, she instinctively turned around.

‘Oh, CEO Baek…’ 


Author: Thanks guys fo 2000 views! This being my first fanfic, I really appreciate all the love you guys give me! Please give me your comments and hope you like this chapter! What would happen with the appearance of Baek Chang Joo? Stay tuned to the next update! Annyeong!