02

I Hate You, But I Like You My Neighbor

Eunji’s POV

As I took a glimpse of Naeun who was literally staring me. She didn’t move an inch and didn’t bother to response like a normal human being.

I turned my head around, searching for where Myungsoo the cat left. I turned left and and right but, can;t seem to see him . Aigoo... I lost him again.

 Suddenly, I felt a tap on my left shoulder. Kkamjjagiya! I jumped. My body turned completely 180 degrees. Behind me, I saw Naeun. She wasn’t smiling as usual.

“What is it?” I asked  “A flower from your shop” She muttered “I want to buy one”

We reached my shop right after a short walk. What’s happening to myungsoo, I was wondering. I didn’t search for him so he might be somewhere waiting for me to catch him.

“Pick One, whichever you want” I closed the shop’s door and my phone.

I dialed myungsoo’s number as naeun stroll around my shop searching for her flower.

“YA! I have a customer so come back home!” I turned my phone off as soon as I finished talking.

I placed my phone in my pockets and looked at naeun. She never smiled at me but, now she’s buying my flowers?

“Is it for yourself or someone else?” I asked in boredom

“For myungsoo... I’ll pick these. How much?” She pulled out a pot of  lavender.

Myungsoo? The flowers were for myungsoo?

“How much?” She opened her wallet “Ah.. 5.000 won” I smiled while shaking my head.

Myungsoo POV

She... urgh.. I’m so tired I can’t even think. How can she just ditch me like that?! I walked back home and laid my back on my bed.

“Oh right! My favorite show!” I ran towards the living room and the tv.

Eunji POV

“Ah.. finally. It’s time to close the shop!” I turned the ‘open’ sign to ‘closed’ as I walked upstairs to my bedroom.

In the middle of walking through the 2nd floor, my house phone rang.

“Hello? Yes? Wrong? Really.. I’m sorry.. I’m really sorry” I kept repeating the same words.

I felt tears running down, I don’t even knew why.

I ran outside and cried in front of the sideways.

Myungsoo POV

I walked home from buying some soju. Is that? Eunji?

“Ya! Hyerim! what is it? Why are you crying?” I squatted

“don’t.. don’t call me that.. it’s just... it’s all my fault...” She continued to cry.

“First stand up, I can’t see your face” I pulled her up as she shockingly hugged me tightly.

“You know humans are not perfect.. right? They make mistakes too.. right?” She continued crying and hugging me.

“Of course, we’re not god” I held her “Let’s go to my place for now and calm down.”

We walked a few steps before getting to my house right beside hers and sat on the backyard together.

“Now tell me everything” I opened a bottle of soju and gave her the glasses.

“I didn’t do anything, it was my mom’s birthday” She took a shot “ There was this customer and he requested flowers for his grandfather’s funeral. So, I did everything they asked. But, it got all mixed up when I think about my mom. They called me and got mad at me. It's all my fault” She blamed herself

I continued to look at her and her babbling face. Soon after, I didn’t realised we spent almost an hour already. I looked at her once again and she was still babbling.

“It’s not my fault!” She drunkly shouted “It’s not my fault!” She continued

I soon realised she was quite drunk, well really drunk I guess so I went inside to take some water. As soon as I walked back to the backyard she was already collapsed there.

“Ya.. are you okay?” I walked to her and looked closely.

She let out a small snore that’s when I realised she was sleeping.

“Eish... she’s asleep” I tried to think how to bring her back home. “Carry her?” I whisphered to myself

I tried piggybacking her home so, I carried her up my back. She was moving like a worm due to her drunkness.

I walked in the darkness of the street and arrived at home, well her house. I still have to carry her up to the 3rd floor to her room.

“Aigoo.. what did you eat for lunch...” I looked at her who is mumbbling unusual things on my back.

“A BEAR!” she shouted “I ate it...”

I smirked as I let her down to her bed.  I stayed for a while and looked at her. Sometimes she’s just prettier than all the other girls out there.

I brushed my hand on her forehead and put away a small part of her hair away so I can see her face clearer. I finally realised the time and went back home.

I walked to the backyard to tidy up. On the way, I stopped at the living room and looked at a table beside my couch. On it was a pot of lavenders. I must’ve not notice it since I was to focused on eunji.

 

Q. How will myungsoo react to the flowers he got???

A. ???? Comment your answer!!