Dress to Impress

Preordained
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing stopped the music for a second time that day. Non-stop for almost 3 hours, the pair danced, surprisingly in-sync despite meeting each other for the first time.

“Wow, I’ve never been so impressed with a girl’s moves before” Yixing stated, smiling at the girl in front of him.

“Thanks” Tracy blushed. “Dancing has been something I’ve grown up with”

“Me too” Lay agreed, reminiscing memories of his late mother.

As she walked to get her water bottle, Tracy took a glimpse of her watch, nearly choking as she realizes what time it was. Running to her bag, she quickly fishes her phone out.

3 missed calls.

“Oh no, Cecilia is going to be pissed. Not to mention dad” The girl frantically gathered her things, giving Lay an apologetic smile.

“I’m so sorry Lay-ssi, I didn’t realize how late it is. I have to be somewhere” The girl spoke rapidly, dashing for the door.

“It’s okay, I hope we get to see each other -” But before the boy finished, the lady was already out and about. “-again”

“Wasn’t she lovely?” Mr. Ahn walked in with a teasing smile soon after Tracy’s departure.

Yixing rolled his eyes and wiped away his sweat with a small towel. As attractive as Tracy was, he had a girlfriend, and one he was very much in love with at that.

“I’m kidding boy. I like Suri anyways” His godfather chuckled, clapping his hand on the boy’s back. “By the way, your father called and said, I quote, “Tell that boy to get his home and not to be late to the Choi’s party tonight”

“Oh right. I guess I forgot” Lay replied, his expression indifferent.

“My boy, you have yet to change.” Mr. Ahn tsked. “Now hurry and got get dressed, Suri is probably already at your place.

***

“I can’t believe you have not grown an inch while in the States” Mrs. Kim complained as she watched her son get ready.

“That’s because I got your height mother” Suho responded with a scoff.

“It’s okay for girls because we’re girls. But you, I mean look at your brother” His mother continued. “He’s over 6ft, much taller than your father, might I add?”

“Mother, I do no need you to sit there and nag me about my height. Shouldn’t you be helping father get ready?”

“Nonsense, it’s your party. Your dad can dress himself”

Joonmyun, though he might never admit it, he loves how much wealth and fortune had no effect on his mother. That was the reason why his father fell in love with her. Despite not growing up in a wealthy family, his mother was still able to capture his father’s heart with her personality.

“Then can you fix this tie?” Suho asked, walking up to his mother.

“My son, when you get married, make sure she knows how to tie a tie” Mrs. Kim said, smiling at the thought of her younger son getting married. “Someone like your brother’s wife”.

Joonmyun nodded, not even bothering to reply.

When will your eyes open and see that she’s not the one for you? Mrs. Kim thought to herself as she watched her son make his way to the mirror once again.

“Okay, I’m going to get changed as well. Go accompany your sister-in-law downstairs. We all know how long it takes for Siwon to get ready” Mrs. Kim said, walking to the door. “Like father, like son”

Joonmyun made some last adjustments to his outfit and made his way downstairs to where his sister-in-l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter