His Side

Preordained
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah Zhang Yixing, you better not get drunk on me again! The last time you did that, I had to carry you home. And you’re not the lightest guy despite your small frame”

Kim Joonmyun and his two bestfriends, Minseok and Yixing, were at a local pub with some friends. This was a tradition for them since the 3 became of age. Friday nights were stress-relief nights, in which they drank to their heart’s content.

The only problem was Yixing always went overboard. And because Joonmyun lived in the same neighborhood as him, he was given the responsibility of getting his bestfriend home safely.

“Don’t worry Joonmyun-ah, Yixing is staying over my place tonight” Suri, Yixing’s girlfriend reassured the stressed-out Joonmyun.

“Thank God”

“Is this a good idea? Getting drinks the night before your welcome home party?” Minseok asked Joonmyun as he took another sip of his mixed drink. Having a low tolerance for alcohol, Minseok was never big on trying the hard stuff.

“Why not? Life is more fun when you’re drunk” Dina, Joonmyun’s longtime girlfriend, slurred her words. “Plus Joonmyun needs to be wasted if he wants to enjoy one of his parents’ parties”.

Minseok never understood why Joonmyun stayed with Dina for so long. Yes she was pretty face with a petite frame, but her personality was a different story. Coming from a family of wealthy businessmen, Dina believes she has the right to put down less fortunate people. It really got on Minseok’s nerve.

“Lighten up Minseok, aren’t you happy I’m finally back from Standford?” Joonmyun tried to reason with his long-time bestfriend.

And this is one of the reasons Minseok could not stand Dina. She got Joonmyun wrapped around her manicured fingers.

***

“Joonmyun, wake up sweetheart” Mrs. Kim whispered in her son’s ear. Receiving no reply, she puffs her cheeks and looks around her son’s room. Joonmyun always had a hard time keeping his room cleaned.

“Mrs. Choi, would you like us to wake him up? Your son was always been a heavy sleeper.” Despite keeping her surname, the maids still insisted on calling her, her marriage name.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter