Seoul Bound

Preordained
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dad, did you make sure to get a sitter for the dog?”

“Dog? When did we get a dog?”

Cecilia looks behind her father’s shoulder to see her brother shaking his head furiously. Clearly their father did not know Thomas adopted a Pomeranian.  How inconceivable. Pomeranians are one of the largest breeds, if not the largest.

“Nothing dad” Cecilia walks up to her twin and smacks him on the head with her purse. “You told me you asked dad for permission!”

“Yeah, like how you asked dad permission to fly to L.A with your bestfriends”

“I hate you”

***

“Are you excited mom?” Tracy asked her mother, who stayed unmoving for the past 15 minutes.

The Songs were waiting for their flight to be called in the nearly empty Washington Dulles International Airport. Having two famous parents, it was less of a hassle to book a midnight flight.

“I haven’t seen your grandparents in over 20 years, since I married your father”

Despite the success of her father, Tracy knew her grandparents were never keen on their daughter marrying Jim. It only made sense; she was their only daughter and the youngest at that. Since her parents said their vows, her grandparents flew back to Seoul, not even returning for their grandkids’ births.

Regardless of the lack of visits, Tracy had a good relationship with her grandparents. They called often and video-chatted just as much, though they were still upset that her father took their precious daughter away. Since their dating days, Tracy’s father has been working hard to earn the blessing of his parents-in-law.

“I’m sure they’ll welcome you with open arms.”

Mrs. Song gave her daughter a warm smile, thanking the heavens for blessing her with such a caring daughter.

“Yah you , you sat on my Louis Vuitton bag!” Cecilia’s voice screeched as she ran after her brother.

“Language!” Mr. Song’s voice boomed afterwards.

There is a limit to every blessing, Mrs. Song thought as she laughed along with her eldest daughter.

***

“Oh my, you guys are so much bigger than I had anticipated” Mrs. Lee (Tracy’s grandmother) welcomed her grandchildren with smiles and hugs. “And look at you Thomas, You’re almost 6 ft”

“5’10, almost there grandma” Thomas gave a cheeky smile.

“If only his brain worked as fast as his growth spurt” Cecilia added, earning a glare from her brother.

“Tracy, you’ve gotten even more beautiful since our last video call” Mr. Lee engulfed his granddaughter in a tight hug.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter