Chapter Three

LOVE LOVE LOVE

"She's so funny I mean yesterday we both trolled Jongdae-"

 

"And got me soaked from head to toe! Really guys? Those shoes were brand new-"

 

"She still hasn't talked to me." The pack fell silent as Chanyeol spoke for the first time, biting his spoon nervously and glancing at all of them and back at his cereal bowl. Gosh he looked so sad that everyone just wanted to hug him and ruffle his hair.

 

"Maybe she'll talk to you today!" Minseok suggested as Chanyeol picked up his guitar and notebook, ready to go for mermaid duty.

 

"Thanks Hyung, but I don't think it'll happen." Chanyeol's head dropped and they watched in dismay as he trooped down the stairs. He wanted to be friends with her. He really did! But everyone was already talking to her and she, she just ignored him. Like he didn't exist. And its not like he had done anything. Chanyeol thought glumly, his mood strangely unhappy virus like as he pushed open the door and settled at the benches, strumming and picking up a tune.

 

"Goodbye to last summer

Hello to this new one

Lets lets, no this isn't right. This tune is off..."  Chanyeol muttered under his breath, leaning over his notebook, tongue sticking out as he made corrections to his song.

 

"Maybe try the G chord." A soft musical voice suggested and Chanyeol jumped, eyes looking up and widening as he spotted the mermaid leaning on her forearms, staying at him like it was the most casual thing in the world.

 

"Oh! Yeah sure, you, you're talking to me!" Chanyeol blurred out stupidly before grinning awkwardly.

 

"Yes I am." The mermaid replied coolly and Chanyeol stared.

 

"Why did you ignore me last time?"

 

"Cause I hate you." Chanyeol felt his earlier happiness deflate as he let out a small 'oh'. Like she had just killed his dog which she could have almost done because Chanyeol never had enemies. No one hated Chanyeol. Everyone loved him.

 

"I hated you cause you control fire. I've seen people burn from it. Just.... Don't burn me." The mermaid said nervously and Chanyeol's eyes widened in realisation and understanding.

 

"I'll never hurt you! I won't use my powers here I promise." Chanyeol said sincerely and,the mermaid smiled warmly before pointing at his guitar.

 

"Play a song for me please??"

 

And so, friendship blossomed between the pack members and  the mermaid. She learnt the workings of their pack and soon it felt like she was one of them. She realised Kris' obsession with the galaxy and how the cold frozen urban Guy was like a warm teddy bear. She learnt that Suho was a real softie at heart and apparently owned a range of very important square objects called credit cards that represented human currency. To be honest, she still didn't understand how that worked but Kyungsoo said it was like floating invisible money. Or something like that.

 

Then there was Baekhyun, raw powerful voice and a completely idiotic joker who always cheered her up. Jongdae, with his polished range of vocals and sweet but mischievous personality also made her day. Then there was Chanyeol who never failed to appear with them, another prankster with a lovely deep voice and a gift for composition. Luhan, his cute baby face hiding a complete devil incarnate within, after he surprisingly added pepper to her bowl of ice cream. She threw him into the pool for that. Yixing was the most cutest oblivious goldfish she had ever met, with a gift for beautiful songs, him and Chanyeol playing her wonderful melodies to pass the time.

 

There was also Minseok, her quiet older 'brother' of sort, never saying much but showering her with lovely displays of his gift, giving her bracelets made from frost that never melted. The maknaes Tao Sehun and Jongin who she couldn't help but want to curl up in a corner and laugh like a clown every time she saw them. Sehun had a way of doing things that weren't supposedly cute, but ended up that way, while Jongin was just a idiot that made her smile with her antics. And Tao was the one who whined about some things called Gucci, and gladly listened to what the famous bag brand Starines from her world was like.

 

And finally, Kyungsoo... The mermaid was at a lost. He made her smile and laugh, but it was a different kind of smile and laugh. With the others it was friendship and pure genuine affection. With Kyungsoo,  it made her heart warm. When he smiled or laughed, her chest felt lighter, the world felt brighter, and it felt as though everything was alright. It felt like she could, she could, she could stay. And mermaids don't stay. They have one thing to do on land and they go back into the water. She can't stay, she can't feel like he's home, that's not possible. She needs to accomplish her mission, and get back under the waves to where she belonged. Let him forget her, like how sea foam crashes on the beach.

 

"I brought ice cream!" She turns and she sees Kyungsoo smilingly warmly, and for a second her heart hammers with reluctance. If going back is the right thing to do, why does it feel so wrong? Her heart ached.

 

"Kids its your naptime-"

 

"No one cares about naptime Lu ge!"

 

"Yeah! Just complete the story; don't leave it like that!" The little girl fussed and Luhan sighed with the true sense of a matriach.

 

"So we have to get new supplies, like new cables. I mean those are really-"

 

"Old and Jongin totally spoilt the Xbox."

 

"It wasn't me! Everyone played-"

 

The door to the kitchen slammed open and Kyungsoo positively jumped from where he was cooking with Minseok, whirling around in shock as Chanyeol dashed in, carrying his guitar and notebook, looking extremely sick. Yixing immediately raced over as the members tried to help Chanyeol sit down, his fact ghastly pale.

 

"What happened?" Yixing whispered softly, eyes concerned.

 

"She's singing, and and and I can't go in there Hyung!! Its no place for a happy virus, its like doomsday in there!" Chanyeol wailed and everyone stared.

 

"What."

 

"She's sad and Moody and that makes me sick and sad because happy virus doesn't belong in sad and Moody places!" Chanyeol huffs and Yixing groans aloud, almost facepalming. So he wasn't sick, just obsessed with his happy virus analogy. Chanyeol, being Chanyeol.

 

"Wait, she's upset?" Kyungsoo questioned, wiping his hands on his apron and turning to Chanyeol, eyes narrowed, "She was fine in the morning.".

 

"I don't know we were just talking and then she floated away and started singing this really sad creepy song and I just can't stay-!!" Chanyeol groaned, slamming his head on the table, "I feel like such a whuss."

 

"You are a whuss."

 

"Shut up."

 

"Guys I'm going to take dinner to her and eat with her. Maybe I can find out the problem with her." Kyungsoo took off his apron and accepted the tray from Minseok, hefting up and walking out without even waiting for acknowledgment. Luhan's eyes narrowed. Lately Kyungsoo had been doing that a lot. Ignoring them and just walking to the mermaid. But he wasn't under a spell. No it was more of he chose not to listen or hear. Like he was infatuated, or maybe, just maybe... Luhan's conclusion formed and anxiety grew in him.

 

He heard it before he saw her. The song echoed and he felt himself chilled to the bones as the song rose and fell like sea waves, lamenting and tragic. Pushing open the swimming pool doors, he marvelled at the place, how it looked at night. The whole place looked eerie, but the pool, now that was magical. Aqua green, turquoise in colour, sparkled from the lights and moonlight, and there, the mermaid in the centre, never looked prettier, Kyungsoo thought, heart speeding up as he set the tray down, the song cuttings short as the mermaid turned to look at him.

 

"I brought you dinner."

 

"Thanks."

 

"Did the members say anything to you?"

 

"No."

 

"Did they do anything?"

 

"No."

 

"What happened?" Kyungsoo finally asked, now completely unsure why she was upset. The mermaid stared at him, eyes soft and Kyungsoo watched as she swam over, so that she was balancing her hands on his knees. Kyungsoo couldn't help it. He held his breath as the mermaid laid her head on his lap and closed her eyes.

 

"I miss home."

 

"Oh." Kyungsoo whispered softly as the mermaid turned to face him, eyes sad and shining. Without thinking, he ran his fingers through her hair, watching how the moonlight caught her face. She was beautiful, magical, and Kyungsoo felt that emotion rise in him, controlling, crashing down like a door. He was being selfish, he wanted to keep her forever. Until time no longer existed, he wanted her there through it all. Somehow along the way, he had fallen hard with the aquatic beauty. He marvelled at the secrets he never knew and the way the world seemed brighter, the blue shadows mysterious and so familiar now.

 

"I want to go home."

 

"You can't." Kyungsoo managed out, ignoring the guilty feeling rising up his throat. He ignored how his gut squeezed in discomfort. He ignored how somewhere inside, celebrated at the fact. Glittering eyes catch his and Kyungsoo feels his breath catch as the mermaid raised her head, turning her head such that they were face to face, inches apart. His heartbeat raced at top speed, his insides a complete mess, staring at that breathtaking porcelain face. Kyungsoo gasps as he feels his pants sticking to his skin from wetness, the pool water drenching as something heavy settled on his lap. The mermaid knelt on his lap, and Kyungsoo's blood pressure sky rocketed, the pulse racing as his eyes flickered to the rose bud mouth, the lips soft and so tempting. Their eyes locked, and suddenly the rules didn't matter, the fact of who they were didn't matter.

 

His hands ran through her wet hair, sliding down her shoulders, his fingers travelling and skimming over soft skin, weaving patterns with the water droplets on her skin. It was a musical silence, a work of art as their souls connected. Every part of him sang with joy and pure delight, his tongue flicking gently at the seam of before pushing her lips apart. It was a dance, a breathtaking beautiful sense of joy and pure love as they finally pull apart, Kyungsoo's chest heaving as he felt himself sink into something so deep that he knew he could never come back out. Brown eyes searched his and Kyungsoo felt himself his lips, tasting salt and the sea, shivering as the mermaid leans forward.

 

"Do you trust me?" She breathes, and Kyungsoo feels himself melt, feels his heart swell with belief as he too searches into those brown eyes and see nothing but love and adoration.

 

"Yes." He whispers and he doesn't fight as her lips capture his again, her hands cupping his face and pulling him down. The water comes as a shock, the cold and depth choking him for a second before warm arms circle around his neck. Without thinking, his arms encircle her waist, and his fingers dance across the scales, them gently. The gasps make him smile and he can't help but chuckle as the mermaid tugs his hair, eyes hungry while his shirt goes next.

 

Of course, Luhan had to edit out certain parts, he couldn't exactly tell the kids that was how they were made could he? What was he? An idiot? He was going to leave all that birds and the bees and shrimps and the fishes talk to the parents, if you know what I mean, he thought, coughing. The kids stared questionably at Luhan who waved off their worries, ignoring his burning face.

 

First thing was the smell. Salt, sea breeze. The next was that it was wet. He could feel the silky water washing and lapping at his skin and something soft and fine brushing against his chest. Stirring, Kyungsoo burries his face in what he thinks is a person, only to splutter as salt water rinses his entire face.

 

"Gah." He chokes, the salt making him cringe as he spits out the bit that gets into his mouth. Shuddering, Kyungsoo is muttering curses under his breath when he feels two arms snake around his waist. He stills as flashbacks of last night haunt him and his mind; pressing her against the side of the swimming pool, running his hands down her sides, hefting up her tail-

 

"You're awake." She murmurs and just like that he feels like the world is clearer. He tightens his hold on her waist and this time properly buries his face into her shoulder, nuzzling her neck, taking in deep breaths, tasting her scent. She still smells of the sea, but most of all, she smells like him. Pleasure bubbles in his throat and he rumbles softly, nosing his mate as she ran her fingers through his hair, the soft inky strands brushing through her fingers. The same envy and jealousy, the green eye monster is finally stomped down upon because now she's his. No one else can have her but him.

 

"Someone's happy." She murmurs softly and Kyungsoo can't help that his lips pull into a smile. Pulling back now, his heart thudded as he took in how beautiful she looked. His glorious mate, with her chestnut brown hair and soft hazel eyes. With her pale skin and red soft satin lips, his inner wolf purred.

 

"You smell like me." Kyungsoo states simply and he watches as the mermaid laughs, throwing her head back as her hair glinted gold in the sunlight. It's contenting, being here, with the water lapping around them both. It's safe, warm, bursts of happiness.

 

It feels like forever.

 

"Wowee! That's the first contact Appa had with umma!"

 

"Sehun Oppa says after contact you'll get pregnant, and that I can't contact anyone when I'm older-"

 

"Anyway," slapping a hand over the little girl's mouth, Luhan smiled sweetly, "Don't mention any of that to your Appa or Ge won't continue the story alright? Good..."

 

"You know we're out of those cables right?"

 

"The Xbox is still working fine."

 

"Erm, it's completely fried. There was smoke coming out from the-"

 

"SMOKE?! OH MY GOD MY PRECIOUS BABY!" Baekhyun practically screeches, jumping up into the air and racing over to his television, sobbing slightly at the smoke now drafting open from the circuit box.

 

"Oh crap, Jongin and Sehun are going to get it."

 

"Tao too."

 

Baekhyun drew in a deep breath, the maknaes flinching and awaiting the loud yowls of complaints from their older hyung. When a loud hum momentarily distracts Baekhyun, his ears twitching, he automatically zones in on Kyungsoo. He's humming, and he brushed past the wolves without another word, hand holding on to the tray of food from last night's dinner. Hang on, last night. Baekhyun immediately changes target. It's alright, he can always murder the maknaes later.

 

"Kyungsoo ah!" His voice is sweeter and Luhan just judges him, knowing he was up to no good. The minute Byun Baekhyun the sweet voice, you were an idiot of you didn't know something terrible was going to happen.

 

"Yes?" Kyungsoo practically sings in reply, turning and giving Baekhyun a mega-watt smile. Luhan fact palmed dramatically; of all days, kyungsoo decided to be an idiot now.

 

"Where were you last night? You didn't go back to your room." Baekhyun says, slinging an arm around Kyungsoo's neck before stiffening. Bending his head, Baekhyun gives Kyungsoo a gentle sniff, his eyes widening slightly as the scent hits him. Kyungsoo doesn't just smell of Kyungsoo, no, he smelt of something else. Something that had a tail, and always smelt of the sea, with a tinge of vanilla that was probably her real scent.

 

"You have her scent all over you!" Baekhyun announces, raising and eyebrow as he looks at Kyungsoo. At that sudden statement, every single wolf turns to Kyungsoo, eyes wide. Under their scrutiny, Kyungsoo squirms, looking down, awkwardly scratching his neck, but he can't hold back his heart shape smile as his wolf howls with happiness.

 

"Oh my god." Baekhyun whispered, poking Kyungsoo's cheek, "Are you blushing?!" Everyone just stared even harder, because Do Kyungsoo does not blush. At most he flushes but that hardly happens either, because most of the time he just gives you that typical unimpressed face.

 

"Please don't tell me you..." Luhan trailed off, awkwardly looking at kyungsoo. What he probably doesn't expect is for Kyungsoo to look up and nod his head, eyes sparkling, lips pulls into a contented happy smile.

 

"I don't want to know the details on how you did it with her okay because she has a tail and you have legs and just oh my god no details." Jongdae begs, hugging the pillow on the couch and looking at Kyungsoo with puppy eyes.

 

"Normally I would say this is important information but for once, I would rather not have the details." Yixing quips drily, shaking his head in Kyungsoo's direction.

 

"Wait how did you guys even, she's a mermaid she can't go on land..." Sehun trails off, eyebrows bunching as he looks at Kyungsoo quizzically. There's no mistaking that embarrassed blush that spreads across Kyungsoo's cheeks while Junmyeon groans in horror.

 

"The pool Kyungsoo?! The pool? Of all darn places the pool?!"

 

"Heheheh, Junmyeon Oppa is so funny!"

 

"I think he probably had a heart attack!"

 

"No it's probably when he found out that you guys were coming did he have his heart attack." Luhan teased, eyes sparkling in reminiscent.

 

Hello! Here's the third part, a really quick update cause it'll be some time before the next one? I'm really sad now :( Because my phone accidentally deleted Unconditionally Loving You, and that's five pages almost a full chapter. I'm sorry guys I feel really sad now T^T Please comment upvote subscribe and take care! <3