The Typical Lifestyle of Nana

I'm Dreaming High

 A girl with dark brown hair and a pair of round oversized glasses tuned her guitar on her lap. She was on her bed with her acoustic guitar writing another song inside her apartment. After the guitar was tuned, she played the notes that she already wrote and tried to come up with more. "The bridge could use some more work and I need to finish the chorus by tomorrow if I want to finish.",  she mumbled to herself. She peered at the clock that read eight-thirty. It was usually her time for some studying. "I'll finish the song tomorrow and see if I could come up with some lyrics.", she thought.

She opened her world history book and sighed. She wrote some key points she should remember and research more. She also wrote some stuff she couldn't remember that she needed to. After writing some notes, she took out her laptop to research some more when an advertisement popped up. "Kirin Art School! Auditions on Friday! Two more days! Submit your applications and go to the school to audition! We'll be waiting!", she read the advertisement out loud. "Should I audition? I could ask the school to audition secretly.",  she thought.  She tapped her pencil on her desk while she thought to herself, contemplating on the idea of auditioning. She shut off her laptop and adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose. She couldn't work while wondering if she should audition. She washed up and went to the kitchen to fix her mother a meal. She couldn't cook to save her life! 

As if on cue, her mother walked inside the apartment and smiled at the sight of seeing her daughter. "Nana! What are you cooking? It smells good!", her mother said. "Mom, I just finished washing the rice and that's it.", she said, giggling a bit. Her mother pouted and said, "My daughter is the best! Your rice is the best too! I could just eat your rice for all my meals and still want more!". Sometimes Nana wondered who was the daughter and who's the mother. "Just wash up, mom. Once you're done the food will be ready!", she said and her mother beamed. She soon left and Nana chopped all the vegetables. She put them in the water after boiling them for a while, She added the meat and such. She also took out the kimchi and put it in a bowl. She marinated some meat yesterday and she grilled them on the stove.

After she finished cooking all the food, she set up the table and her mom came out. Her eyes sparked and she ran out to the table to eat. "Oh my gosh! It's so delicious! Nana is the best! The best daughter ever!", she said with full. Nana laughed and handed her a napkin. Both of them talked about school, her work, and their favorite dramas lately, but Nana knew that a certain topic that she is gonna talk about. She just has a feeling.

"Nana. I heard Kirin Art School is holding an audition for freshman for their school. Are you gonna audition?". Her eyes widened. She knew already! Nana cleared and responded, " I don't know. You know about my stage-fright, mom. Should I audition?". Her eyes softened. "Nana-ah. It's your dream. I could go talk to the school to see if you could just send in a video for your audition. I want you to chase your dream, Nana. Are you gonna audition? You already know how to play so many instruments too! The piano, guitar, violin, drums, etc.!", She exclaimed. Nana chuckled. "Okay. Okay. I'll audition!" She cheered and helped me clean up the table. 

She brushed her teeth and washed her face. She took off her glasses and went to bed. "I better finish writing the song! Or I could sing one of my old songs. I'll decide tomorrow!", she smiled and slept. 


She woke up and brushed her teeth. She glanced at the clock. Six-thirty in the morning. "I better finish writing it the song.", she muttered. She went out to the kitchen and saw a note. "Nana! I went out to Kirin to see if you could audition! I bought you some breakfast since I can't cook. I'll be home earlier than usual. At four-thirty in the afternoon. From you beloved mother!", it said. She smiled and ate the breakfast her mom gave her. She went to finish up on the song in her room. She took out her guitar out from the guitar case and tuned it again. She adjusted the bridge and it sounded way better. Made it a little bit more happy-sounding. She also started on the chorus too. Surprisingly, she finished it sooner than I had expected. She started on the lyrics and it was so easy. When has writing a song been so easy and fast for her?

She finished the song and her mom came home. "Nana! Let's go shopping!", she shouted from the living room. Nana laughed and shouted back," Okay! Let me get ready!". She went to my closet and chose some random t-shirt and some jeans with her favorite pair of sneakers. She adjusted my glasses and went out of her room. "Nana! Let's go!", her mom said draggin her outside. Nana locked the door and they left. 

Her eyes widened when her mother dragged her to the optometrist. "Mom, where are we going?", She asked. "A make-over for you! Since your gonna audition and gonna make it, you're gonna need to ditch your glasses and more!", she beamed. She got dragged away by the optometrist and they took her glasses away. They tested to see which contacts she should get. After countless hours of putting stuff in her eyes and taking stuff out, she came out without her my glasses. Her mom gasped and smiled. "Beautiful! Now I know you got your looks from me!", she said while her daughter just laughed. She got her glasses back, but her mom took them and said that she can't get them back until they get home. Nana sighed and followed her everywhere we went. She wasn't kidding when she said she was getting a make-over. She died her hair a nice pretty light-brown shade with an purple tint and cut it till it five inches shorter so it reached up to her waist. She bought her some substance that her daughter didn't know till she explained to her that it was make-up. She also bought her some new clothes, some hair styling stuff, and new shoes. Her mom knew better fashion then her. How upsetting. They ate theri dinner there and went home.

It was time for bed when they reached home. She opened up the door and collapsed on the couch. "Finally! Rest!" she exclaimed and her mom chuckled. She handed me my glasses, washed up, and went to bed. Nana did the same and took off her contacts. Bed time! She jumped on her bed and closed her immediately. She got a message on her new phone her mom just bought for her. "Kirin Art School here! Send your video to audition tomorrow and we'll message you if you were accepted or not. We heard about your phobia and let a special offer because of your immense musical skills. Please send in the video first thing in the morning!", the message said. Nana smiled and slept , ready for the audition. 

-------------------

Author's note-

Yay! First chapter! Its short I know. It's just an introduction to Nana's life. Her and all the characters that were stated are the same age except for her because she's younger a couple months. Her father is not there if you were wondering. He left. No Kyungsoo yet! I'm also waiting on a poster! Next chapter is the audition!