`05

When Fate Acts Against You

Forever

Featured Song: SNSD - Day By Day


Hyunjae's heart pounded as she took her seat in the plane. How would things be in Korea right now? How much have things changed during her one year of absence? All those thoughts rushed through her mind. Most importantly, she wanted to see Luhan. Clutching tightly onto the ring on her necklace, memories came back. All the times they spent together. It was then she knew that she did not regret her decision at all in going back to Korea.

In the end, overwhelmed by sleepiness, she fell asleep on the rest of the ride to Korea.

"Jae, wake up. The plane has landed. Let's go." Ella shook her lightly.

Hyunjae nodded before fixing her messy hair and making her way out. After claiming her baggage from the conveyer belt, they finally made their way out of the airport. Both of them had to admit. They missed the place a lot.

Already waiting for them outside, was Secretary Park. She had also informed him of her arrival back in Korea. Ella and Hyunjae went  into the car and Secretary Park drove the both of them to the office building.

- - -

After knocking, she went into her father's office.

"Oh! Hyunjae ah! You're back!" Her father said, and went over to welcome her back with a hug.

After taking a seat on the couch, they had a talk.

"So, uhm...you never kept in touch with Luhan for the one year you were in New York?"

"Yea."

"I'm sure you miss him, Hyunjae. I can ask Secretary Park to drive you to Luhan's office later on. That's if you want to."

"But I'm scared, appa."

"Of what?"

"Many things. What if I cannot accept the fact that he's dating someone else, or, what if for some reason he hates me?"

Mr Kwon shook his head. "Hyunjae ah, you won't know until you try. Anyway, it's just a talk."

After thinking for a while, she nodded in agreement. "Okay then."

Later that day, Secretary Park drove Ella and Hyunjae to Luhan's office. They took the lift up to the level where all the rooms are and looked around for the door with Luhan's name on it. Finally, they found it, and as always, Hyunjae knocked and entered the office.

Luhan looked up from his paper work and stared at Hyunjae. She looked familiar, but he could not figure out how.

"Ah, aren't you that lady in my hospital room that day? It was a long time ago, if I remembered correctly." He said, and gestured for them to take a seat.

Hyunjae gave a curt nod and sat down. 

"So why did you want to see me?" He questioned with a bright smile.

"Uhh, I just wanted to t-talk. Uhm, by any chance, did you regain any of your memory? Even a little?"

"I know that I've lost my memory, but I still cannot remember anything before that. Sadly." He frowned and she looked down in disappointment. "However, Mr Kwon handed this over to me. He said it was from you. I've already read it, but I can't really understand. Why do we have a picture together?" He continued, placing the envelope on the table.

"It's because you guys dated before! Gosh! Can't you remember anything?" Ella bursted out, not able to handle the stuffiness in the atmosphere.

"Unnie, I would like some time alone with Luhan." Hyunjae said calmly. 

"O-of course, sorry." Ella apologised and walked out of the office, closing the door behind her.

"We dated before? Wait, so, you're Hyunjae? Your name keeps appearing in my dreams and I couldn't make out why."

She blushed upon hearing it. "Oh really?"

"Yea, a certain lady keeps appearing in my dreams as well, but her face was blurry. She would then disappear when I wake up. If you're the one-" He was cut off when Hyunjae gently pressed her lips onto his. It was a long and sweet kiss, Luhan wanted to pull away but stopped when memories rushed back like a waterfall, including the car accident that resulted to his memory loss. 

She pulled away and his head started to hurt badly. "Ow!" He yelled, clutching his throbbing head. Hyunjae called Ella for help as Luhan passed out.

- - -

When he woke up, he was greeted by Hyunjae, her face filled with worry.

"Jae? Is that you?"

"Yes! It is! Have you remembered everything!"

"Yea, if I did forget anything, and where am I?"

"In the hospital room. Secretary Kim said it was better to send you here just in case."

Since he was still slightly confused, she explained everything to him. Maybe not that detailed, but still, just as long as he understands.

"I'm sorry for making you worry about me. I'm such a bad person."

"No, don't blame yourself. If I hadn't been that weak, none of this would have happened. I'm sorry."

"Let's put all those bad memories behind us, and live life happily like we used to, okay?"

She agreed and he smiled, pulling her into a hug.

Hyunjae beamed, happy to be back in Luhan's embrace like before.

 

"I love you, Luhan."

"I'll never let you go again, Hyunjae."

- - -

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

That's the end of the story! Hope you guys enjoyed it...or not. Check out my other fics, if you would like. ^^

Or you can just ignore this. /bricked/

Kay that's it for now. Byebye. <3

- Liz