`03

When Fate Acts Against You

The Ugly Truth

Featured Song: TaeTiSeo(TTS) - Baby Steps


Secretary Kim stared at Luhan in shock.

"L-luhan ah," Hyunjae whispered.

"Excuse me, miss, but who are you? Are you related to me in any way?" 

"Luhan, she is your girlfriend. Kwon Hyunjae. You don't remember her?" Secretary Kim asked and he shook his head.

Hyunjae gasped, while tears threatened to escape her eyes. She blamed herself terribly. If she didn't break up with him in the first place, it would not have led to all this. 

"Unnie, I want to return to my room." Hyunjae voice cracked.

Ella nodded and wheeled her out of the room after saying a quick goodbye to Luhan.

- - -

Hyunjae stared into space. She was completely done with life. Now, Luhan is suffering from amnesia, and it's all because of her. She was too reckless in making her decisions. She let her emotional state take over her whole body. She regretted everything.

"Hey," Ella looked at her sympathetically. "At least he's alright."

All of a sudden, Mr and Mrs Lu entered her room angrily.

"What is all this, huh! Do you really want my son dead? What the hell are you thinking! Let me warn you, if I catch you with Luhan one more time, don't blame me." He roared, and Hyunjae slightly flinched, eyes still fixated on the window.

"Look, Mr Lu, I know that you're upset right now, but Hyunjae is also injured. I seek your consideration. Kindly leave, please." Ella handled the situation professionally.

Letting out a loud sigh, the couple left the room in fury.

"Hyunjae, don't be so affected by it. It's not your fault." Ella lightly squeezed Hyunjae's shoulders assuringly.

Hyunjae shooked her head and pushed Ella's hand off her shoulder. "What do you mean, not my fault. It is. Unnie, if I told you that I wanted to continue to pursue my dreams overseas, how would you react?"

"Your dream? Oh! You want to continue designing don't you!" Ella exclaimed and Hyunjae nodded.

"Of course I'll support you!"

- - -

2 Weeks Later

Hyunjae gulped as she stood before her father in his office.

"Appa, I want to continue designing overseas. Please, I hope you will support me." She voiced out.

Mr Kwon looked up at his daughter. Usually, there would be a frown on his face, but this time, it was replaced with a smile.

"Alright, whatever makes you happy, but where are you going to stay?" 

"Ella unnie told me that she will handle it and rent an apartment."

"Ah, I see, and when are you leaving?"

"Next week, appa."

"Sure. Please take care. I wish you all the best."

"I will."

Hyunjae was surprised at her father's reaction. She expected a harsh 'no' from him. She wasn't sure why, but at least she got his consent and was to leave for New York.

Actually, when Hyunjae met with the accident, Mr Kwon realised how much she really loved Luhan, and he could tell that Luhan feels the same as well. The boy could not remember anything, but he didn't feel like eating or talking to anyone either. Finally, he decided on letting the both of them be together. No use being selfish.

He was willing to lose to his rival company than see his only daughter live in misery.

- - -

Hyunjae went back home straight after work that day and plopped herself onto the couch, thinking about when she leaves for New York. The room would be vacant for a long time.

Her heart ached, knowing that she would have to leave Luhan behind, and who knows? He might even find his other half, not having any memory of dating Hyunjae before. Then, they would get married and she could only watch from a far. Her head hurt from all those possibilities, but she shrugged it off and went to take a warm bath.

After that, she dried herself off and changed into her comfortable home clothes. 

She eyed her room. There was nothing much, only pictures of her and the man she loved so much, that it hurt in the end. Noticing the pens and pieces of papers on her table, she decided on writing a letter. He might never read or even find it, but she felt that it was worthy to do so. If it was for Luhan.

Taking a seat in her chair, she started writing. Constantly shedding tears, but nonetheless, she managed to finish writing it.

 

Dear Luhan,

If you are reading this, then please continue to do so, I would love that. It might be the last time you hear from me for a really long time. If it's against your will, though, don't force yourself.

I still remember vividly, the day you confessed to me. I never expressed it well but I just had to let you know, I was on cloud nine. To me, it was more than just magical.You promised to make me the happiest girl in the world, but it never ended the way we planned, and it's not your fault. I wanted to spend all of my life with you, but fate acted against the both of us, Luhan.

I know this letter won't make any sense to you, but I felt it was a must to let you know how I feel. At least I am able to leave this country without any regrets.

I'll love you forever, Luhan, and I'll never stop.

P.S. I hope you don't mind, I kept the promise ring you gave me.

Love,

Kwon Hyunjae

 

Carefully and neatly, she folded the letter into three equal segments and slid it into a brownish-yellow coloured envelope, together with a couple selca they took when they first started dating.

Leaving it on the table, she started taking down all the things she knew she could not leave behind from the shelves and gently placed them into a box.

'Please find your happiness, Luhan. That's all I want.' Hyunjae thought sadly to herself.

- - -

AUTHOR'S NOTE

About two more chapters to go! So excited! 

Randomness* I really miss the YongSeo couple! If you guys have watched their We Got Married, don't ya'll miss them? I most definitely do. Watching all of the episodes over and over again. Call me crazy! >.<

- Liz