`04

When Fate Acts Against You

One Year Later

Featured Song: Jessica and Onew - One Year Later


The young lady scrutinised at her latest design. It tightens around the waist and flows down beautifully. She smiled at it, satisfied with her work.

"Hyunjae ah, Miss Naeun is coming over today at two with her husband, to try on her wedding dress." Ella informed.

"Really? That's great, but it's in one hour's time. I better go get things ready." Hyunjae smiled brightly.

During that one hour, she sketched more designs. Her latest customer, Naeun, was going to get married in a few months and she promised to design a dress that would make her shine on that day. One hour flew past and her two friendly customers arrived.

"Hi Hyunjae!" Naeun exclaimed excitedly.

"Nice to see you Naeun. Would you like to try on your dress now?"

"Sure, why not."

Hyunjae led Naeun behind the huge curtains and not long after, the soon-to-be-bride was dresses in the flowy gown. Ella drew the curtains, revealing a goddess. At least in Naeun's husband's eyes.

"Taeminnie, what do you think? Do I look okay?"

"Wow, beautiful."

Naeun went up to give Taemin a hug and Hyunjae smiled at their affection towards each other. However, no one can change the sad feeling inside of her. One year. It's been one year since she left Korea, and she still could not spend one day without thinking about Luhan.

- - -

After the trying on of dresses, the four of them sat down with a cup of coffee in their hands and had a nice talk.

"So, Hyunjae ah, you don't have a boyfriend yet?" Naeun inquired.

Hyunjae took a deep breath before replying, "I used to. We broke up though."

"What? Why? Oh, I'm so sorry. You don't have to reply if you're not comfortable with it."

"No, no. I'm okay. We broke up because our family disapproved of our relationship, but it was all my fault. I was weak, I didn't have the strength to get through the difficulties."

Ella put her hand on Hyunjae's shoulder, pressing it lightly. 

"Hyunjae, if you still love him, then don't give up!"

Taemin glanced at his watch. "Naeunnnie, we have to go take a look at the wedding cake now, let's go."

"Neh." Naeun and Taemin stood up to leave. "Remember what I told you, Hyunjae. Don't give up. Hwaiting!"

Both of them soon left.

Hyunjae sat down alone on the couch and did some thinking while Ella went to arrange the wedding dresses tried on earlier.

"Ella unnie. Do I have any more appointments for the next 2 weeks?" Hyunjae asked, when Ella returned. After checking through the calendar, she shook her head. "Why?"

"Please book the tickets, unnie. We're heading back to Korea for a short vacation."

"Are you serious?" Ella said, eyes lighting up. The younger nodded in response. "Alright! I'll get it done right away!"

Looking at the couple selca on her phone, Hyunjae smiled fondly.

- - -

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Happy 4th of July!!! Celebrating it with an update! Short one. ^^ Next chapter's going to be the last one! 

My wish is to create stories/one-shots on all EXO members. Is it only me who feels that way? Hopefully no...heh.

- Liz